1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Need a WOW recipe!!

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Novice Member

I am a newbie and have an opportunity to really push my business ahead with DHs company pot luck Christmas party. Give me a WOW recipe!!

I was thinking trifle, but which one?

I was also thinking of showing off my beautiful cranberry glazed DCB with Chili-Lime Meatballs??

Then again I have the snow man platter and plates....

I want to make everything but that would just be showing off!!:D

Thank you in advance! Heather

Dec 11, 2009
  2. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

The trifle, definitely. I have made the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup one that I found on here, though something with cherries might go over well this time of year (though I personally don't like cherries). It's a WOW recipe b/c it looks impressive, but was super easy. It's very cool b/c you can remove it from the stand for travel and has a lid. Lots of ooh ahh moments for people who see you set it up.

Dec 11, 2009
  3. HeatherB

HeatherB Novice Member

Definitely going with a trifle. Someone said the Tiramisu Brownie but I cant find that recipe....still looking.

What about making an app or a main dish, too??

Dec 11, 2009
  4. Jules711

It was in the Season's Best Fall/Winter 2008 so if you search in Consultant's Corner, you can see the recipe there. Do you know how to do that? I see you are knew so trying not to assume you know everything :). I haven't made it, but sounds good. I don't typically have coffee in the house.

Dec 11, 2009
  5. Jules711

I sometimes like to bring warm dips to things like that since that's something that's missing. Crab Rangoon, Touchdown Taco, Crab & Artichoke. The meatballs would be good too as long as you can keep it warm. I can understand wanted to show off more stuff :). There were some Pesto appetizers that looked good in the new appetizer cookbook too.

I like things that are EASY but look great. It's more impressive.

Dec 11, 2009
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Novice Member

I found it in the huge Trifle download file. But now hubby says he wants the Black Forest Trifle. I also think I am going to make a crock pot of the Chili lime meatballs.I wonder if I can find Thai red curry paste at Wally at 9 PM??!!

Dec 11, 2009
  7. HeatherB

HeatherB Novice Member

Ohh I have own a small mini crock pot for dips....never been used. I know I can plug in my crock pot but not so much my DCB....sigh. It may have to stay home.

Dec 11, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Even though it sounds like you have what you need, I'll post what I've been making lately that has been a big hit. I took it to a ladies meeting last night (everyone asked "Who made the "Death by Chocolate" Trifle!?" and they kept going back for seconds.) I'm making it for two other parties this weekend :)

The "Death by Chocolate" Trifle is a super simple Trifle- has 4 ingredients:
    Brownies (made as directed),
    2 small boxes of chocolate pudding (made as directed),
    1 1/2 tubs of Cool Whip (or 1 big one), and
    1-2 Heath Bars or Heath Toffee Chips.

Layer 1/2 the brownie, 1/2 the pudding, 1/2 the cool whip, then sprinkle with broken toffee chips. Repeat layers and let sit about 4 hrs (refrig), then serve.

Dec 11, 2009
  9. Jules711

You may be able to get away with the DCB depending on where it is. Far from home? Have a insulated carrier it will fit in? Is there a microwave there for a little boost of heat? Stones do hold their heat pretty well, but I don't know how long it will sit before people will eat?

Dec 11, 2009
  10. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

I do one like this but use crushed Oreos instead of Heath bars and everyone has loved it too!

Dec 12, 2009
  11. Jennifer E

Jennifer E Member

Do you thing that one bag of Heath Pieces is enough for this recipe? I am making it on Monday.

Mar 5, 2010
  12. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

How did it go?? Did you WOW them??? What did you make?

Have something to add?