• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is National Conference Worth It for New Consultants? Insights & Opinions

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not it is worth it for struggling consultants to attend the National conference. The general consensus is that it is definitely worth it, as it provides valuable training and motivation, as well as the opportunity to connect with other consultants. It is also a tax-deductible business expense.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi everyone!

I started Pc last August, so unable to go to conference. My director has been talking and talking and TALKING about conference...and how she thinks EVERYONE should go to National conference this year...so my question to you all is this: is it as fun as she says it is? Is it worth it for someone like me, who is a struggling consultant (lol) to go to? I would like to know what you think. I'm thinking aout going, but not sure if it's worth it...don't know what it's all about. Is it just like a BIG pep rally? Need your thoughts, please... thank you!

Totally worth it.

pcchris said:
Hi everyone!

I started Pc last August, so unable to go to conference. My director has been talking and talking and TALKING about conference...and how she thinks EVERYONE should go to National conference this year...so my question to you all is this: is it as fun as she says it is? Is it worth it for someone like me, who is a struggling consultant (lol) to go to? I would like to know what you think. I'm thinking aout going, but not sure if it's worth it...don't know what it's all about. Is it just like a BIG pep rally? Need your thoughts, please... thank you!

It's SO much better than they say it s. You will learn TONS and you'll come home and your business with skyrocket!

I second Debbie & Carolyn, last year was my first year to attend and my biz took off right after conference. I got to meet a lot of new people, I won a shopping spree and had my own cheering squad. It was just an awesome experience all the way around!!:) HTH

Great thread! I am actually READY to hop on a plane right now!!! :D

It's SO worth it! In addition to all the fun (LOTS!!!!) and the great information, it's a great way to become really excited about your business. You're surrounded by thousands of other people who have a passion for PC. The sharing of ideas is amazing.I went in 2005, but couldn't make it in 2006. I will definitely be there this year. I can't wait!

Totally worth it. You learn so much!!

Rae, we have to meet up! I am going to be at wave 2!!:)

Chris,

I don't know where you're from exactly but if it's anywhere in the midwest your costs to get to conference shouldn't be too high. I didn't make it last year because I felt I couldn't justify the costs from Helena (airfare close to $500 on top of all the other expenses). I'm definately going to give it a try this year becuase I have seen people go and have their business produce. Yes, I'm sure there is a lot of a pep rally kind of feel but that is on top of the great information you receive. Besides, we all need to be recharged from time to time!

I think if it's possible for anyone to go; then you should:) It is the biggest boost for your business! You can do a thread search here too; there's several other threads about conference where we all shared how awesome it is!

If you really want to grow your business Conference is the best thing you can do for yourself. You come home motivatedand inspired.

I have only been able to go once in 4 years because of family stuff. It was awesome but I didn't make the most of my experience. So I feel I wasted my experience a bit. (July that year had been a crazy month for my family and I was 10 weeks pregnant, exhausted and feeling horrible).
That said I am going this year and am going to Plan time when I get home to implement all I am going to learn. I WILL make the most of my experience not to mention my money!

Just like any training, you need to be prepared to implement what you learn at Conference. It seems like my recruits (none of whom have ever been to Conf.) get more excited about the chance of winning a shopping spree at HO than by the thought of getting great training. But that's the real value to it. If you plan to go through your notes and actually implement a couple of the ideas you get, then it is absolutely worth it!It's also a great chance to connect a little more with your upline and crossline in a more social situation. We have a running joke in my cluster that, since we share a room at conference, we're all sleeping our way to the top by sharing a bed with our director. :)

I agree - it's so well worth it; if you take the time to implement it!

I signed on in July '05 (right after conference) with no intention of recruiting, directorship or even doing much more than staying active. I went to conference '06 & lemme just tell you what happened.

I decided that I wanted to make this a business, not just a hobby. My sales have been over $1,250 every month since conference & I've got FOUR recruits. Two of my recruits signed in August, right after conference. I have set my sights on directorship & now I'm learning how to achieve it. You get to see all other types of consultants & talk to them as well. It inspired me. I thought, heck, if they can do it, why can't I?

I owe that all to conference. I know that if I would not have gone, I would not be making my business into what it is now. And trust me, I could have made the excuses not to go. My business wasn't thriving. Doing well, but not thriving. I have 3 small children at home, one of whom was 6 mos. old last July. My DH had tons of other commitments too. But, I decided that if I was going to make a go of this, then I needed to take action for myself.

So, that's my conference rally in a nutshell. I think if it's at all possible for you to go, you should.

LOL!! Thats too funny, Ann!
I live about 2 hours from Chicago, so I will be driving (If I go, we're carpooling, I think). Our area is Wave 3...I still haven't decided if I'm going or not...but all I hear is good things, so I'm thinking about it. My director never mentioned a shopping spree...sounds good to me! Have to see if DH is going to be around to chauffeur my DD to all of her events...sigh.

Crystal, thank you for your story...makes me think a little harder about going now.

Note: Be prepared and book EVERYTHING the intstnat it becomes available on the web for booking. Things fill up very, very fast. There are several threads up here in the archives over the hearburn of overbooked events at conference last year.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Note: Be prepared and book EVERYTHING the intstnat it becomes available on the web for booking. Things fill up very, very fast. There are several threads up here in the archives over the hearburn of overbooked events at conference last year.

Yeah, like the HO tour!!!:eek:

Oh, no, no, no...we're not going though THAT again!

Okay - I'm curious now...what happened with the HO tour?
KG - do you go to conference?

KG went to book HO tour and it was full... Well I will let KG tell you. :D

The HO tour is what includes the shopping spree, BTW. They select one consultant from each bus load. I won it at my first conference. :D DH didn't believe me that there would be a LOT of boxes coming via UPS. They arrived the morning I got home on the train - 17 boxes!

One of the buses got lost or was late last year and they picked 4 people from that bus - A friend from my cluster won a shopping spree- Well over $2000 in products. The main reason I would love to do a shipping spree is so many of my shows are fundraisers - I could donate some great raffle/prizes to my fundraiser participants.

I just started in the biz in April - My first show was April 1. I starrted so that I could do fundraisers for cancee research after my mom was diagnosed with NHL. Mom passed away in June. I was so new and things were so up in the air that I couldn't really go to conference. I am really excited about going this year.

Kathy - sorry to hear that. My mom has had breast cancer twice (15 years apart)...she is now 18 years from her first incident and doing well. But we lost my dad a year ago to amyloidosis - hits 1 in a million! Diagnosis - Death only 4 months. I hope you do well with the fundraisers!

Mom broke her hip 3 weeks after my wedding (the break was caused by the cancer) and was diagnosed and started chemo the week of Christmas 2005. They always say the first year of marriage is tough but this was not what we were expecting. It did make me realize what a wonderful spouse I found. He was by my side very step of the way. That is why I want to earn a trip this year with PC. The cruise is the week of his birthday.

I am planning on going this year (it's my 2nd), and I plan on implementing a lot more this year. I was so overwhelmed by the experience last year, that I didn't have as much fun and didn't get as much out of it as I should have. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time and learned a lot, just didn't do anything with it. I do believe that if you can go, and plan to implement, it is well worth it.

pcchris said:
Okay - I'm curious now...what happened with the HO tour?
KG - do you go to conference?
Yoy can read the whole nasty thread here if you like. I really don't want to rehash it.

Now I understand why you wrote what you did in your previous post. thanks for the info...i really appreciate the "heads up"! Thank You!

It sounds like fun - I'm getting kind of disappointed I already have family plans...maybe 2008... :(

I may be flying in on Sunday - My hubby is already loooking for air faires I am not sure about the hotels and such - Need to check with my director I suppose

1. Is attending National Conference worth the cost for new consultants?

National Conference is a highly anticipated event for Pampered Chef consultants, and it is definitely worth the cost for new consultants. It is a great opportunity to learn about new products, gain valuable business tips, network with other consultants, and get inspired to grow your business.

2. Will attending National Conference benefit my business as a new consultant?

Yes, attending National Conference can greatly benefit your business as a new consultant. You will have access to training sessions, workshops, and keynote speakers who will provide valuable insights and strategies to help you grow your business. Plus, you will have the opportunity to meet and network with other successful consultants who can offer guidance and support.

3. What can I expect to gain from attending National Conference as a new consultant?

By attending National Conference, you can expect to gain new product knowledge, business strategies, and networking opportunities. You will also have the chance to attend workshops and training sessions that will help you build your business and increase your sales. Additionally, you will gain motivation and inspiration to take your business to the next level.

4. Are there any special perks for new consultants at National Conference?

Yes, there are special perks for new consultants at National Conference. As a new consultant, you will have access to exclusive training sessions and workshops designed specifically for those who are just starting their Pampered Chef journey. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other new consultants and share experiences.

5. Will I have the chance to connect with other consultants at National Conference as a new consultant?

Absolutely! National Conference is a great place to connect with other consultants, especially as a new consultant. You will have the opportunity to attend networking events, workshops, and training sessions where you can meet and learn from other consultants. You can also join online communities and social media groups to stay connected and build relationships with other consultants after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • otisbg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates