• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Stuff Smells of Smoke After Show

In summary, the lady at the show told the person that they smoke outside, but the smell was worse. The person took a shower and their hair still smelled. They also sprayed their totes with Febreze and charcoal.
tvwalsh72
I just came back from a show and my stuff all smells of smoke, the lady told me they smoke outside but I smelled worse than going to a smoky bar. My clothes, apron towels etc. . . are already in the washer and I'm going to throw everything in the dishwasher but my totes all smell, they are outside now but it's supposed to rain for the next 4 days starting this afternoon.

Anyone else have this issue? How'd you get rid of the smell? I took a shower and my hair still smells. To top it off, I'm really allergic to smoke and my fall allergies are already in full bloom. My sinuses feel as they will explode.

Tricia
Bring them into your garage and put some charcoal or newspaper in them

Get the extra strength Febreze for your totes, and spray them down well!

For you - it may take a couple of washing to get the smell out. And, this may sound weird, but take a wet q-tip, and wash out your nostrils and ears! You may still be smelling it because it is clinging to finer hairs in those places.

I also wash things in vinegar water after a show BEFORE it goes in my dishwasher. I wipe the wheels and handles with straight white vinegar too

ChefBeckyD said:
Get the extra strength Febreze for your totes, and spray them down well!

For you - it may take a couple of washing to get the smell out. And, this may sound weird, but take a wet q-tip, and wash out your nostrils and ears! You may still be smelling it because it is clinging to finer hairs in those places.

That is good to know I never heard of that before, thanks for the tip.

I had a store that had a fire, and the purses and shoes were saved. We were able to set rags soaked in vinegar down inside an unclosed ziploc and then inside the purses to get the smell out. That smoke smell was more difficult to get out then the cigarette smoke.

1. How can I get rid of the smoke smell from my Pampered Chef products after a show?

There are a few different methods you can try to remove the smoke smell from your Pampered Chef products. One option is to soak the affected items in a mixture of hot water and white vinegar for about 30 minutes. Then, wash them with dish soap and hot water and let them air dry. You can also try sprinkling baking soda on the items and letting it sit for a few hours before rinsing and washing as usual. Additionally, you can use a product specifically designed to remove smoke odors, such as an odor-eliminating spray or pouch.

2. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products if they smell like smoke?

Yes, you can still use your Pampered Chef products even if they have a lingering smoke smell. It will not affect the performance of the items. However, if the smell is bothersome, you can try one of the methods mentioned above to remove it.

3. Why do my Pampered Chef products smell like smoke after a show?

The smoke smell on your Pampered Chef products is most likely due to being exposed to smoke during the show. This can happen if you are cooking on a grill or using a smoker, or if the venue has poor ventilation. The smell can also transfer from other items or surfaces in the area where the show is being held.

4. Will the smoke smell eventually go away on its own?

The smoke smell on your Pampered Chef products should dissipate over time if you do not use them in a smoking environment. However, it may take a few days or weeks for the smell to completely disappear. If the smell is still present after this time, you can try one of the methods mentioned above to remove it.

5. How can I prevent my Pampered Chef products from smelling like smoke in the future?

If you are frequently cooking in a smoking environment, it may be helpful to cover your Pampered Chef products with aluminum foil or use a separate set of items specifically for use in that environment. You can also try to improve ventilation in the area or use an air purifier. Additionally, storing your products in a sealed container or bag when not in use can help prevent them from absorbing smoke odors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies