• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for a Successful Murder Mystery Show - Get the Inside Scoop Here!

but I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. I am glad I talked to you about it because I am now totally convinced that it would be a blast! Thanks again for all your help!
cookn' katie
Can anyone please post where I can get the info on the Murder Mystery show. I have searched and can't find it. Also, if any has any tips that they could share on doing a Murder Mystery show I would greatly appreciate it. I have my first one in a few weeks and I don't want to blow it. Thanks in advance!!! Katie

Here is what I have (I think I got them from here)

Attachments

• Margaritaville Murder Mystery Show.doc
    55 KB · Views: 717
  • Margaritaville Murder Mystery Show_1.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 532
  • murder mystery invite.doc
    42 KB · Views: 524
  • murder mystery theme show.doc
    39 KB · Views: 722
like the ideaI like the idea of a murder mystery but I'm not understanding something

Do you just read through the script or do you assign guests the different roles?

has anyone done this murder in margaritaville show? I read through it and it sounds like great fun and you hit on every point you should make during a show. I am wondering though like the previous poster, if you assign roles to the guests. Also, this might seem obvious but how do you determine who did it? Kristi

Just checking again to see if anyone had done the Murder in Margaritaville show. I want to do it at my show at the end of June and was looking for some pointers. I understand the over all gist but was wondering if you assign the roles to the guests and how do u determine who did it? Thank you,Kristi

That is awsome. I am going to see if I can generate a booking or two from that. Thank you for posting that!

So how do you tell WHO did it? Do you assign each person a role? Sorry I am a little confused.

I am wondering the same thing. Who does what?

Has anyone actually done this Murder in Margaritaville show before? I am doing it next weekend for the first time. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! thank you, Kristi

I have done the another one, not the the Margaritaville. I did assign parts to the guests. It was a great time!

well i think i finally figured this thing out. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong...
Assign the 4 suspects to guests to read the parts.
Randomly hand out the alibis.
The key in finding out the guilty party is in the directions- "Each person states they were preparing one of our featured recipes, following the steps EXACTLY as I will describe..." If you read each alibi #4 is false bc there is no garlic/ garlic press used in making the Chix Enchilada Ring. (addtlly we dont need to peel our garlic)
So after everyone guesses who they think it is, then I reveal it was the guest who read with the garlic press alibi.

So anyone know if im right?

Kristi

I am dying to see the answer to that!
This whole thing has me a little confused :confused:
Not that it takes much!!
But, it looks so awesome, I just can't figure out how you put it together and involve the guests.

I am pretty sure Kristi is right about "who dun it". That alibi also says that the host paid $3.25 for shipping. We all know that shipping for hosts is free. So it looks like it is totally random. Anyone could've done it-it just depends on who gets Alibi #4.

jodistrauss said:
I am pretty sure Kristi is right about "who dun it". That alibi also says that the host paid $3.25 for shipping. We all know that shipping for hosts is free. So it looks like it is totally random. Anyone could've done it-it just depends on who gets Alibi #4.
thank you for your response! My show is tomorrow and I have been trying to fgure out the way this thing works for over a month. I have spent today updating it with new products and adding pamperedlaura's "casual recruiting" discussion. I will post when I finish.

kristi

Well tonight was my murder mystery in Margaritaville show. It was incredible!
Everyone had a BLAST! The guests said they were all sort of dreading coming to the party cuz they thought it was gonna just be another party. Boy were they surprised!
It didnt have the best sales but I think thats because they were all thinking ahead to their own shows!
Out of 8 guests 5 booked! Sales are at $600 with 3 or 4 more outside orders coming in on Monday. Plus, I handed out 3 recruiting packets!

I am going to have to find that recruiting thread from pamperedlaura and give her a huge thank you since I just know it was her "casual recruiting" that did it!

Kristi

AWESOME!!! You had $600 out of 8 people??? WOW!!!

TONS OF BOOKINGS AND RECRUITING LEADS??? That is so cool! I have really been thinking alot about doing a Murder Mystery show and thought it might be fun to try and do it at our sales meeting first. Give me some tips etc. on how you played it all out!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

Congrats! What a great show! How fun!

I will re-post the script. Now that I have actually done it there are a few more kinks I want to work out.

After i actually figured out how to play the game, it was a lot of fun.
i had a "rowdy crowd" that was sure to fully enjoy the Slap Yo mama Margaritas! They went through 2 gallons!! (in my quick stir pitcher, of course!) I paid close attention to their intros so I could pick the most energetic people to play the "parts".
i told them all that this was my first show of this type so I would be referring to my notes a lot. this helped the most. I was sure to highlight all the programs and benefits without missing anything because they were built into the show. I updated the script to include new services and products.

The show did take longer but I think that was just my crowd ( alittle on the tipsy side!). They really got into their parts! And calling each person individually to close their order was HUGE! Time consuming but well worth it! I threw my insercurities to the side and decided i was going to pretend to be pamperedlaura (aka alreadya successful recruiter!).

Looking through my slips this morning... I forgot to mention the wedding registry lead and another possible fall booking! I didnt even mention the new catalog- wait til they find out about that!

Kristi

Looking forward to your updated script Kristi. This may have to be one of my fall themes that I offer. It sounds like it was a blast!

Sure it could still use some updating. But this is the script I used. I told my friend about the show and now she wants to have a Murder in Margaritaville show too. So i booked her for the 25th! Kristi

Attachments

• Margaritaville%20Murder%20Mystery%20Show[1].doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 499

1. What is a Murder Mystery Show?

A Murder Mystery Show is a form of interactive entertainment where guests participate in solving a fictional murder or crime. It typically involves a scripted plot, characters, and clues for guests to gather and piece together to solve the mystery.

2. How does a Murder Mystery Show work?

At the beginning of the show, guests are assigned roles and given information about their character. As the show progresses, guests will interact with each other and gather clues to solve the mystery. The host will guide the guests through the story and help facilitate the investigation.

3. Can anyone participate in a Murder Mystery Show?

Yes, anyone can participate in a Murder Mystery Show! It's a fun and engaging activity for groups of all sizes and ages. No special skills or knowledge is required, just a willingness to participate and have a good time.

4. Do guests have to dress up for a Murder Mystery Show?

Dressing up for a Murder Mystery Show is not required, but it can add to the fun and immersive experience. Guests can dress according to the theme or time period of the show, or they can simply dress up in their favorite costume.

5. Can a Murder Mystery Show be customized for a specific event or group?

Yes, a Murder Mystery Show can be customized for a specific event or group. Our team at Pampered Chef can work with you to tailor the show to fit your needs and preferences. We can also incorporate any special requests or themes into the show to make it unique and memorable for your group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cooking with Terry
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefbilyeu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies