• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Muffin Pan With Cracks - 3 of Them!

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with a 12-cup muffin pan that had 2 tiny cracks in it upon arrival. The person has gone through two replacements and now the third one also has 2 cracks. They are asking for opinions on whether to keep it or get a 4th replacement. Some people suggest getting a 4th and letting the company know about the recurring issue, while others suggest speaking to a supervisor and getting a different product.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Hi Peeps,

remember me??? It's been a while since I was here... Hope everyone is well, I've missed you!

Anyway, I have a quick question about the 12-cup muffin pan. I ordered one about a month ago, and when it arrived it had 2 tiny cracks in it, they almost look like eyelashes, so of course I had it replaced in case the whole thing cracked in the oven. Well, the replacement also had 2 cracks just the same, and now today the second replacement arrived and ALSO has 2 tiny cracks just like the others.

So, anyone else had a problem with this item? I called to do the 2nd adjustment so I could let them know, and also ask if it was a common problem, and the lady said she hadn't heard of a problem. So, is this just a major coincidence, or has anyone else been getting muffin pans with tiny cracks?

And should I just keep it and see if it cracks during use before I return it, (so far I've used the first one about 4 times with no problems, and haven't used the second one), or get a 4th one...

Any opinions?

Thanks!

Annabel

I would get a 4th, personally I like my products to be as near perfect as possible upon receipt and I wouldn't accept a stone in a condition like that for a customer.

How frustrating! I would definitely make a point to let them know it is the SAME issue with every single stone- I bet it was a bad batch or something.

I'm leaning towards getting the 4th. I know if I was a customer I'd be pretty frustrated by now! And I will reiterate when I call the all 3 have had the same problem.

I'm still curious as to whether anyone else has had the same problem... Anyone??? It does seem to me like it must be a bad batch!

I'm posting only because I said on FB I'd come over, and didn't want you to think I flaked!

I don't own a Muffin Pan Stone, so my only experience is with the DCB. My second DCB has a crack the width of a hair which goes all the way through. This is a replacment for my first DCB, which had the same problem. I have used this second one several times since noticing the crack, with no problem. However, it was well seasoned before the crack even formed, which is why I'm comfortable using it. I would not do so with a new stone. I think you're right in asking for another replacement, and letting HO know exactly what is wrong.

By the way, yes (because I know someone will point this out), I'm aware the DCB can still burst while in use, but I'm willing to take the chance - and when/if it does, I will pay for a new one, not request a replacement.

I came over from fb to check out your thread...I agree with Sarah and everyone else- ask for another one. I would certainly either call in personally or email so you can explain that this will be the THIRD exchange...all with the same problem. Looks like someone in the warehouse needs to go and LOOK at the muffin pans to see if they got a bad batch!

Thanks Kelly and Sarah!

It is really wierd, they're not hairline cracks, it's so hard to describe... They really almost look like eyelashes on the stone...

I'll be calling them again...

I came over from FB to check it out too. :)

I agree with Kelly. That is really strange - I'd talk to someone other than a customer service rep about it. Ask to speak to a supervisor!

Hi Annabel,I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your 12-cup muffin pan. It sounds like you've had quite the experience with multiple replacements having the same issue. I can assure you that this is not a common problem with our muffin pans, and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.If you're comfortable using the pan with the tiny cracks, you can certainly continue to use it and see if it holds up during use. However, if you're concerned about the cracks potentially getting worse or affecting the quality of your baked goods, I would recommend requesting a 4th replacement. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you with this and make sure you receive a pan without any cracks.Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for being a loyal customer. We value your feedback and want to ensure you have a positive experience with our products. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you.Happy baking!Best,
[Your name]

What are the most common causes of cracks in muffin pans?

The most common cause of cracks in muffin pans is frequent use and exposure to high temperatures. Other factors include using metal utensils, sudden temperature changes, and improper storage.

Can I still use a muffin pan with cracks?

It is not recommended to use a muffin pan with cracks, as it can affect the baking process and result in unevenly cooked muffins. The cracks can also trap food particles and be difficult to clean.

How can I prevent cracks in my muffin pan?

To prevent cracks in your muffin pan, avoid using metal utensils and always let the pan cool before cleaning. It is also important to properly store the pan in a dry place and avoid sudden temperature changes.

Is it possible to repair a cracked muffin pan?

While it is possible to repair a cracked muffin pan, it is not recommended as the repair may not be strong enough to withstand high temperatures and could potentially release harmful chemicals into your food.

What is the warranty for a muffin pan with cracks?

The warranty for a muffin pan with cracks will depend on the specific product and brand. It is best to contact the manufacturer or refer to the product's packaging for warranty information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
cdnmom
  • Mom2KL
  • Products and Tips
Replies