• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy and Me Show Food Ideas Needed

In summary, the conversation discusses a mommy and me cooking show that is planned for the 28th. The host is looking for recipe suggestions and mentions ordering a kids cookbook, but it won't arrive in time. They also mention using products from their kit and seeking advice from experts. Suggestions are made for using kitchen tools and keeping the recipes simple, and one person recommends a specific cookbook. The host also discusses their plans for the show, including having guests sign up ahead of time and paying for aprons and hats, with the possibility of having two separate shows. Other participants in the conversation express their support and enthusiasm for the idea.
cookin4u
I'm having a Mommy and Me show on the 28th and need some recipe suggestions. I've ordered the kids cookbook but it's not going to get here in time. I'm also in my first ss month and only have products from my kit and a few others. I'm really excited about this and have had great response from people. But I wanted to get some suggestions from some "experts". Thanks everyone ;)

Did you think about asking your recruter or director about the kid cookbook? They might have it or even the kids plastic things to make different cokie shape. I would be tempted to use things that could make the life easy like the press-n-seal for peanut butter and jam sandwich, I will definetly get the kids to use the food choper, but no blade knife (keep those for mom) as for receipe I don't have any but I would keep it simple ( again regarding what age groups the kids are in),
good luck

Mommy and Me cooking show ideaThe cookbook for kids is called "Let's Eat!" I have it and highly recommend using it for recipes for your mommy and me cooking show. They have really creative and fun recipes in there...my husband even suggested making a few to "test out"! :D

Anyway, I was thinking of having a mommy and me cooking show too sometime in August or September when I have most of the new fall products to have displayed for the moms to look at. What I was thinking about doing was having my guests sign up ahead of time (I would have a deadline set up)and them pay $22 each child (or you can round it). Each child will recieve the apron and hat set ($20 in the catalog). I was going to place this order sometime before the show so I have the aprons and hats to give at the show! Plus this will give me an accurate number of guests for the cooking show. The extra $2 in the price will cover food cost. With the sales from the aprons for the kids, you could submit as a show on it's own (if you get enough to sign up) OR tack it onto another show that needs help. So really you could have 2 shows from it. I was planning on having a drawing for a free Season's Best cookbook for the mommies and another drawing for the kids (not sure for what yet).

I think the mommy and me cooking classes are a great idea. It's funny - I just saw something (a commercial I think) on the food network about how fun and educational it is to have your kids included in helping you in the kitchen. If I see it again I'll pay closer attention to what it says and post it on here! But I think it mentioned practice with math skills, reading comprehension, etc. If anyone else remembers please add!! :D

Hope this helps some!

Erica,
That is a great idea. It gives the Kids something to do and even if you do not get any sales from it, you will still make $ from selling the Aprons. Let us know how you make out.

Good Luck,
Debbie

Kitchenqueen, I think that your idea with the Apron is SO GREAT. That will also make the moms (or dad) commited to show up at the show!
again,LOVE the idea

1. What are some easy recipes for kids to make with their moms?

Some easy and fun recipes for kids to make with their moms include mini fruit pizzas, no-bake energy bites, and banana bread muffins. These recipes are simple and require minimal cooking, making them perfect for little hands to help with.

2. Can you suggest healthy snack ideas for a mommy and me show?

Some healthy snack ideas for a mommy and me show could include homemade trail mix, fruit skewers, and veggie sticks with hummus. These snacks are not only nutritious but also fun for kids to assemble with their moms.

3. Are there any allergy-friendly recipes for a mommy and me show?

Yes, there are many allergy-friendly recipes for a mommy and me show. Some options could include gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffins, dairy-free smoothie bowls, and nut-free energy balls. It's always a good idea to check with the guests beforehand to ensure any dietary restrictions are accommodated.

4. Do you have any ideas for incorporating vegetables into the show's menu?

Some ideas for incorporating vegetables into the show's menu could include making a veggie-packed pizza, having a build-your-own salad bar, or making zucchini muffins. These options are great for sneaking in some extra veggies while still being delicious for kids and moms.

5. Can you recommend any make-ahead recipes for a mommy and me show?

Yes, there are many make-ahead recipes that would be perfect for a mommy and me show. Some options could include overnight oats, make-ahead breakfast burritos, and slow cooker chili. This will not only save time on the day of the event but also allow for more time to be spent with the children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • carol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJWarren