1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mini-Margarita Pies

1. Braedensmom

Braedensmom Member

Who ever posted the recipe for these, YOU ROCK!!! They were a huge hit at my Cinco de Mayo party yesterday and even got 2 orders for the mini tin and tart shaper so they could make them too!!!!!:D AND GOD WERE THEY YUMMY!!!!!! It took me about 3 tries to get the tarts to come out right but well worth it!!! AWESOME!!!! I know you all are going to ask me to post the recipe I will I just gotta run right now!!!
    Also a big sell at the party was the cookbooks. I made the Tex Mex chicken melts and (all- the best cookbook) handed the cookbook around, every single person there bought a cookbook. I am going to do this from now on at every show!!!!!

May 6, 2007
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

I did it, I'm the one you can hold responsible for your new found addiction. If it's not yet, it will be! I LOVE them! Thank you Debbie for bringing them to the meeting and sharing this recipe!
    I made them Mojito pies yesterday.... very tasty! Omit the pretzels and add finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Top with a tiny slice of lime and sprig of mint!

Ok I won't make you wait any longer... here is the recipe again!
    Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
    Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown( I have found 8 minutes works best for me). Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS (lightly) with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
    Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
    Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

May 6, 2007
  3. 4kids4me

4kids4me Member

I can't WAIT to see the recipe! THey sound really good. Congrats on having a great party! Woo hoo! Oh, and I have yet to sell a cookbook even though I bring mine to all the shows. Guess I need to physically put them IN their hands - or choose recipes from them. Thx for the idea! ;)

May 6, 2007
  4. Braedensmom

Braedensmom Member

Shana Smith- you ROCK girlfriend...they were awesome. I did put in about 1/4 c lime juice....and 1/4 C real sugar...not only put the lime zest in the mix but used the microplane grater and put some on top as well.

I had several comments that they liked the cookbooks because of the pictures. Good selling point!!!

I cant believe I actually sold the tins and the tart shapers. IT was over an $800 party...so not bad at all and with a great group of gals....FUn Stuff

May 6, 2007
  5. 4kids4me

4kids4me Member

I don't have the microplane grater - what about the zester that came in the kit? Does that do the same thing?

May 6, 2007
  6. chefmelody

chefmelody Member

I can't seem to find the original recipe... where's the post for it?

May 6, 2007
  7. Braedensmom

Braedensmom Member

THat grater is one of my favorite tools. I'm not sure how the zester works, but I think you get a finer zest with the grater. But the zester would be awesome to make little lime zest curls to put on top of the "pies". We must have different kits, mine came with the grater. I adore it!!!

May 6, 2007
  8. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

right here! :)

May 6, 2007
  9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

May 6, 2007
  10. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

If you use the zester you will probably want to use a knife to chop the zest up as fine as possible. I did this with the mint for my Mojito pies.

May 6, 2007
  11. chefmelody

chefmelody Member

*smacks forehead* I just glanced over that and thought that was for the Mojito version. Man, I'm tired.

May 6, 2007
  12. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Oh, these sound incredible. I have a margarita party this weekend...these will be perfect....of course I will have to practice them a couple times first.:D

The microplane tool is my absolute favorite tool...worth every penny. I love how it zests!

kris
    (going to conference!)

May 7, 2007
Have something to add?