• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Perfect Mini Caramel Apples: Tips from a Pampered Chef Expert

In summary, a woman was looking for help from a Pampered Chef lady with making mini caramel apples. The Pampered Chef lady told her that she had never heard of the mini candy apples, but she would try to find a recipe. The woman also mentioned that she was having a Halloween party and that the mini caramel apples would be on the menu.
raebates
Staff member
I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday wearing my PC shirt, when a woman came over to me and said, "You're a Pampered Chef lady? You might know."

She's been trying to make mini caramel apples--something that would be a good appetizer for a fall party. She said she's tried everything, but can't get caramel to stick to apple flesh. She's tried dipping them in butterscotch chips first; using the caramel wrap; drying the apple thoroughly; and even air-drying the apples first. Nothing has worked.

I told her I'd ask my vast network of Cheffer buddies. Any suggestions?

TIA!

ohh I used to make these you scoop them with a melon baller (now you can use our core and more)
but cant remember what I did about the caramel they were cute though and the kids loved them

ok kids remember... dip them in wilton candy melts first then the caramels (now you dont even have to unwrap them they make bits) then the nuts, sprinkles whatever she wants to decorate them with

Miniature Caramel Apples - How to Make Miniature Caramel Apples - Mini Caramel Apples

I have never heard of minature candy apples but they really do sound yummy! I think I will be giving them a try. The link above talks about making sure the base coat of chocolate/coating goes above the edge of the flesh & skin. By dipping the coated apples in hot caramel will cause the coating to melt. Instead, make a mini caramel wrap (directions in above link) & seal the apple.

Got a Halloween party coming up. I think these will be on the menu.

i never had trouble with the chocolate melting
maybe my caramel wasn't that hot

Thanks so much. I knew if anyone could help it would be my Cheffer friends.

Okay so with the link that was posted above...on the side was another link for Meringue Ghosts....I'm totally making THOSE! And I'm using my easy accent decorator to make them!!! LOL

http://video.about.com/candy/How-to-Make-Meringue-Ghosts.htm

1. Can I make mini caramel apples with any type of apple?

Yes, you can use any type of apple that is firm and has a good balance of sweetness and tartness. Some popular choices for mini caramel apples are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, and Fuji apples.

2. Can I use store-bought caramel for my mini caramel apples?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel for convenience. However, making your own homemade caramel can give your mini caramel apples a richer and more decadent flavor.

3. How do I prevent my mini caramel apples from sticking to the pan or parchment paper?

To prevent sticking, make sure to coat your pan or parchment paper with cooking spray or a light layer of oil. You can also place your mini caramel apples on a silicone baking mat for easy removal.

4. Can I make mini caramel apples ahead of time?

Yes, you can make mini caramel apples ahead of time. However, it is best to make them no more than a day in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will prevent the caramel from becoming too hard or the apple from becoming mushy.

5. Can I add toppings to my mini caramel apples?

Absolutely! You can add a variety of toppings such as chopped nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, or crushed cookies to your mini caramel apples. Just make sure to add them while the caramel is still warm so they stick to the apple.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Kathytnt
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Kathytnt