• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage Log: Looking for a DIY Solution or Store Recommendation

In summary, someone here has a mileage log they made in a word document, and they're willing to share it.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Does anyone have a mileage log they made in a word document, that they'd be willing to share..I know I could buy one, but just curious if anyone here, made their own?

OR if you LOVE the one you have, where did you buy it?

I bought mine at Office Depot for $3.00. I usually by 2 at a time so I won't forget the next year and keep it in the glove box. (I know silly)

Here ya go, and since its Excel you can add the mileage and it gives you how much each trip was :) Nice for those of us who cant do math!!! :p
I hope this works, if not, just email me and Ill send it to you!

Attachments

• Mileage log1.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 284
This is great, thanks for posting!

P3 has a mileage log as well. I use that one.

thanks! I will use the PPP one too, but I like the idea of having one in my glove box to write it down in too..Just got one this morning from Office Depot for $1.79 :>

My logI just use a calendar. It sits in my Jeep next to the seat. So each time I'm going somewher, I pull it out, and write down on the day where I drove and the miles. It works great for me.

anyone know if walmrt has something like this? i've never seen one before but i'd like something little that sits in my car as well

I'm sure Wally World has something similar. It's probably in the business supplies area (near office supplies).

For those who use a PalmPilot (PDA), there's a little program called Trip that I use to track mileage. It also tracks time, so if I really wanted to, I can see how long I was gone from home for each show/meeting.

Related to Mileage Log: Looking for a DIY Solution or Store Recommendation

1. What is a mileage log and why do I need one?

A mileage log is a record of the miles you have driven for business purposes. It is necessary for accurate tracking and reporting of your business expenses, specifically for tax purposes. The IRS requires a detailed mileage log in order to claim deductions for business-related driving.

2. Can I create my own mileage log or do I need to purchase one?

You can create your own mileage log using a simple spreadsheet or a template found online. However, it is important to ensure that it meets all IRS requirements for accurate record-keeping. Alternatively, you can purchase a pre-made mileage log from a office supply or stationery store.

3. What information do I need to include in my mileage log?

Your mileage log should include the date of travel, the starting and ending locations, the purpose of the trip, and the total miles driven. It is also helpful to include any additional information such as tolls, parking fees, and other related expenses.

4. How often should I update my mileage log?

It is recommended to update your mileage log on a daily basis, or at the end of each business day. This ensures that all trips are accurately recorded and no important information is forgotten.

5. Can I deduct mileage for personal errands or only for business purposes?

You can only deduct mileage for business purposes, such as travel to meetings, conferences, or client visits. Personal errands or commuting to and from work do not count as business-related mileage and cannot be deducted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • c00p