• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwaving Potatoes in Fluted Pan..

In summary, the best way to microwave potatoes in a fluted pan is to pierce and wash them, then microwave on high for 6-8 minutes per potato. Any type of potato can be used, but smaller potatoes will cook faster. No liquid is needed and to prevent sticking, lightly coat the pan with non-stick spray or oil. Seasonings and toppings can be added before microwaving, but make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
sslangley
I have read somewhere that you can microwave baked potatoes in the fluted pan. I was wondering if any of you have tried this?? If so, how did they turn out?? And how long did you microwave it for??

Sorry for all the questions, just curious.

Thanks.

I Have!What a time saver! ;)

Here's what I do:
1. Scrub potatoes.
2. Pierce potatoes a few times with our Hold 'N Slice.
3. Place potatoes on end in the grooves.
4. Bake in microwave for 8 minutes, turn pan and bake for another 8 minutes.

They don't get crispy, but they are tasty! :p
Enjoy! :D

Great idea, thanks.

What is the best way to microwave potatoes in a fluted pan?

The best way to microwave potatoes in a fluted pan is to first wash and pierce the potatoes with a fork. Then place them in the fluted pan and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes per potato. Let them cool for a couple minutes before serving.

Can I use any type of potato in a fluted pan?

Yes, you can use any type of potato in a fluted pan. However, smaller potatoes will cook faster than larger ones. It is important to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to add any liquid when microwaving potatoes in a fluted pan?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when microwaving potatoes in a fluted pan. The potatoes will release their own moisture and the fluted pan will help to evenly distribute the heat, resulting in perfectly cooked potatoes.

How do I prevent the potatoes from sticking to the fluted pan?

To prevent the potatoes from sticking to the fluted pan, lightly coat the pan with a non-stick cooking spray or brush it with a thin layer of oil before adding the potatoes. This will help the potatoes to slide out easily after cooking.

Can I add seasoning and toppings to the potatoes before microwaving them in a fluted pan?

Yes, you can add your favorite seasonings and toppings to the potatoes before microwaving them in a fluted pan. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that the potatoes are fully cooked and the toppings are heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies