• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Meeting Space Rental Options and Costs | Community Centers and More!

In summary, the author is looking for ideas on where to hold team meetings, as their current location is not large enough for all of their events. They have held team meetings at their home, at a fellowship hall at a local community church, and at Panera Bread meeting rooms. They are also looking for ideas on where to find a space for a "success night" and are considering using a private room at a pizza place, a community center, or a coffee show.
flemings99
Gold Member
Where do you rent space from for meetings?

We hold our regular mtg. at my place but it isn't big enough for the recipe nights + I can't kick my family out 3 xs month.

Looking for ideas on where to look to rent and what to expect as far as cost.

Community Centers...

Our team meetings are held at a fellowship hall at a Community Church. They do not charge us but we do raffles and such to give as a donation. Its great as it has a full kitchen, bathroom, long tables etc.

Recipe nights are done at my home as well as my AD's b/c of our distance for our team (we are very spread out).

We use one of the meeting rooms at a local community church. They only charge us $10 a month. We have also used Panera Bread meeting rooms, many of them are free or they just want you to spend a min in food.

I called all our local churches last year and NONE offer rooms for anything other than church events. I was really disappointed. So - we're in my living room. My upline rents the conference room at her local Dunkin Donuts - it's a really fancy DD with REAL conference rooms.

Three times a month? What kind of meetings are you doing all those times?I asked MY VERY OWN CHURCH and they were not willing to work with me. They do rent space out, but their fee is way more than I would be able to spend. I was really disappointed.Right now my team is small so I just do one "success night" a month and we just meet right in the middle of Panera. I usually get their early, have dinner, and grab a big table for us.

The only room I've rented was one at my public library. The smallest room was $50 for 3 hours and the largest was $200 for 2 hours (and that sat 200ish). I only used the smallest room because that's what I needed. I've since moved and haven't checked my local one but will need to for my host appreciation event next month because my turnout last time was too much for my 600sqft apartment!

there are 6 directors in our local cluster and we are way to big for a group meeting at any one person's house. We each do our own monthly meeting but are doing a fall kickoff in August. I found a pizza place that has a private room. Each director is buying pizza for their team and we are doing a sauce tasting for dessert. There is no room rental feel and pizza with be between $20 and $40 for each director. No one has to clean their house before and after the meetin either!

Some Panara Breads have a party room and will let you use it free if you buy something, even drinks. A host used it once for her party and they let us do a recipe there (of corse it was a no cook one). If there was a closer one to us I'd do my meetings there. We used to use a local coffee show. They didn't charge either. Just asked that we buy our beverage from them.

Thanks for the ideas. Found a gal on my team who lives in an apt. and can use their clubhouse for free with full kitchen, just have to put up $200 deposit. Deposit is refunded if it is cleaned up after use. Don't like being out the $200 but since we get it back will be easier than paying a fee somewhere else.

flemings99 said:
Thanks for the ideas. Found a gal on my team who lives in an apt. and can use their clubhouse for free with full kitchen, just have to put up $200 deposit. Deposit is refunded if it is cleaned up after use. Don't like being out the $200 but since we get it back will be easier than paying a fee somewhere else.

I used to do that with my old apartment. Normally they never deposited the check... they just held it and if we trashed the room, they would deposit it then. I would stop by the office the morning after and they would hand the check back to me. Might be worth asking if they do it that way and they you'd know if you'd be out the $$$ or not. HTH and glad you found a place! :)

I am able to use our community center for free if it is a "meeting' and we are not selling anything. I do a lot of fundraising for the community organizations also, so I believe that helps.

I also use a lot of meeting rooms in restaurants most are free if we eat there, which is handy when most of my team is coming from work. I have pizza places (Pizza Ranch, Valentinos), and also Panera had a room that I have used. Another thing I am going to check into is our HyVee grocery store has a new store that is advertising having meeting rooms with their deli.

I have been approached several times by the sales reps for some of the big builders in our area. The last one offered the use of the model home for just about anything I wanted to do a party, a fundraiser, and open house or a team meeting. If I want to do an open house they will also mail out invites to the entire community at their expense. She also would provide food for any event I did including team meetings. Their goal is to just get people to drive into the community. So you might be able to look into that, I am going to talk to her about doing my hostess appreciation there.

cincychef said:
I have been approached several times by the sales reps for some of the big builders in our area. The last one offered the use of the model home for just about anything I wanted to do a party, a fundraiser, and open house or a team meeting. If I want to do an open house they will also mail out invites to the entire community at their expense. She also would provide food for any event I did including team meetings. Their goal is to just get people to drive into the community. So you might be able to look into that, I am going to talk to her about doing my hostess appreciation there.

WOW. That's awesome!

Thanks for this thread. I struggle with this a lot.

1. Where can I rent equipment or tools?

You can rent equipment or tools at hardware stores, rental companies, or through online rental marketplaces.

2. How do I know if a rental company is reliable?

You can do some research on the rental company by reading reviews, checking their website for certifications or accreditations, and verifying their rental policies and procedures.

3. Can I rent items for short periods of time?

Yes, most rental companies offer flexible rental periods, ranging from a few hours to a few days or weeks depending on the item.

4. What types of items can I rent?

You can rent a variety of items such as tools, equipment, vehicles, furniture, party supplies, and more. It depends on the rental company's inventory.

5. Do I need insurance when renting items?

Some rental companies may require you to have insurance for certain items. It is best to check with the rental company before renting to see if insurance is necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • sfdavis918