• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Impact: Tips for Donating to Raffles and Fundraisers

In summary, some groups ask for donations in exchange for raffle tickets, while others do not have to release the information about their tax id. Some people feel that it is a good way to get karma back and make sure that the people who redeem the tickets are pleased with the gift.
niktim3
I am sure you all have been approached from different groups for a raffle basket or something of this sort!!!
I do this, and honestly, usually do not get a return!!
Is there anywhere we can account for this?
SOme of these groups have a tax id , others, like the local sports teams, do not. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

When I was asked to do a donation for a raffle, they asked me the day before the benefit & I didn't have any products o donate. So instead of a product, I donated $20 worth of PC products of their choice. So instead of walking away w/ an item, the lady who won had to call me to redeem her $20 & I talked her into a show & I got some bookings out of it!

I know that really doesn't answer your questions about the tax id, but it's an idea to get a better return :)

Last edited:
Thats a great idea!!!
Will have to try and incorporate that for the new year!

I consider it a tax deduction. I place it under marketing expenses. When I put together a catalog show, I use the free product to purchase things that I can donate. That way I don't feel like I'm spending a lot of out-of-pocket money.Finally, I only participate if I truly believe in the cause. That way if there isn't a response, I still feel good about the donation.

I always do the $25 gift certificate available only through me. That way I can hopefully turn it into something more. And then sometimes, they don't ever cash it in. Then - I'm out of pocket nothing

I do the same thing - got tired of "giving" stuff away with no return. Just make up your own Gift Certificate, include a catalog & maybe a little spatula or something if you want.

ltkacz said:
I always do the $25 gift certificate available only through me. That way I can hopefully turn it into something more. And then sometimes, they don't ever cash it in. Then - I'm out of pocket nothing

YES YES YES!!!! That's exactly what I do. I am all for helping out a good cause, but I like to see some of that karma come back to me. Plus, to the ones who do redeem, they are pleased that they can get exactly what they want.

Related to Maximizing Your Impact: Tips for Donating to Raffles and Fundraisers

1. How can I make my donation stand out at a raffle or fundraiser?

One way to make your donation stand out is by offering a unique or desirable item. This could be a rare or limited edition product, a gift basket filled with useful items, or a one-of-a-kind experience. You can also enhance the presentation of your donation by including attractive packaging or wrapping.

2. How do I determine the value of my donation for tax purposes?

The value of your donation for tax purposes is typically the fair market value of the item or service. This can be determined by researching similar items or services and their prices. If your donation is a service, you can also consider the time and effort put into providing the service. It is always best to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance.

3. Should I include any promotional materials with my donation?

Including promotional materials with your donation can be a good way to spread awareness about your business or brand. However, make sure to keep the focus on the fundraiser or raffle and avoid being too promotional. You can include a business card or small flyer with your donation, but avoid sending large quantities of marketing materials.

4. Is it better to donate one large item or multiple smaller items?

Both options have their benefits. Donating one large item can be eye-catching and may attract more attention, but donating multiple smaller items can increase the chances of winning for participants. Consider your budget and the audience of the fundraiser when deciding which option is best for you.

5. Can I request feedback on my donation's impact?

Yes, you can absolutely request feedback on how your donation was received and its impact on the fundraiser. This can help you determine what types of donations are most successful and how you can improve in the future. You can also use this feedback to promote your involvement in the fundraiser and showcase your commitment to giving back to the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nurs115
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
babywings76