• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle a Non-Responsive Party Host with an Upcoming Deadline?

In summary, the show host attempted to book a catty show with a different show host in order to get the stoneware special, but did not receive a response.
lisacb77
I held a show on 2/11, and had someone book a catty show off it so she could get the stoneware special (esp the DCB!). I gave her the packet on the spot and let her know I'd follow up later that week.

She's set up on my PWS so I know she's sent emails out. In fact, I got a $60 order for her show last week. But despite numerous calls and emails, I have gotten no response in over a week.

Towards the end of the first week, she left me a message asking if the hosts ordering online through PWS paid shipping...she thought they wouldn't as it was being shipped to her. I called back and she wasn't in, so I left a msg explaining that everyone pays the $$4 if they want shipped to her, direct if they want shipped to them, that PC does this instead of sticking the host with it to be fair as the boxes are quite heavy esp with stones and usually are several boxes.

(I got the customer order after that, btw)

Anyway, I'm trying to get her to close by Tuesday obviously, or at least 3/5. What do you all suggest I do? I called her Saturday, then sent an email today that was more along the lines of "I'm sorry if I missed you this weekend...I didn't mean to be hard to reach as I had to work this weekend (making it seem like maybe she tried and I just missed her)."

ACK! What do I do? My only other option I can figure is to email the past host and see if she could touch base? Then I can also remind her about being able to order the past host booking benefit??

Appreciate any advice. I know it will just eventually get to a point (as it has with some others that flaked) that I'll just have to let them know I need to submit the orders on another show/as individual to not make those customers wait. I had one that fall and poor customer had to wait about 6 weeks by the time the host decided to flake for good.

Let her know that she needs to contact you via e-mail or phone because the stoneware special is for a limited time only. If it is not closed on time then she will be unable to get the stoneware at the special price. Put a sense of urgency on her.

I like that Kathy. So do you think I should contact her again Tuesday? Maybe a phone call again? Let her know I need to collect everything from her by Wed to make sure she gets the deal?

I guess that way, maybe she'll call and give me the deal. And then I can seem to make an "exception" and give her a few days?? I would like her show to make if it can!

Leave a message if necessary. Nor sure if she is shy or something or just really busy. We never know what someone's circumstances are at the time. I always try to call people back even when I am swamped but that's just me.

I have had two potential host for this month that have had very serious illness and one is having surgery tomorrow. Like I said - You never know what is going on.

That's what I figure. I think I will wait until late in the day today or even tonight to give her time to respond to yesterday's message. Then I'll just let her know I need to hear from her ASAP if she still wants Feb specials, or if she needs more time we can just make it March's specials. You are right, you never know.

Thanks!!

1. How can I encourage my host to respond and close their non-responsive party by the 3/5 deadline?

To maximize host response and close a non-responsive party by the 3/5 deadline, it is important to communicate clearly and consistently with your host. Remind them of the deadline and the benefits of closing their party on time, such as earning free and discounted products. You can also offer incentives for the host, such as extra free products for reaching a certain sales goal.

2. What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your host is not responding to your messages or calls, try reaching out through different communication channels, such as email or social media. You can also ask their friends and family members to remind them about the party and the deadline. If all else fails, consider following up with a personal visit or sending a physical invitation to their party.

3. Is it okay to extend the deadline for a non-responsive party?

In some cases, it may be necessary to extend the deadline for a non-responsive party. However, it is important to set a specific and reasonable extension date and communicate this with your host. Consider offering an incentive for the host to close their party by the new deadline, such as a free product or a discount on their order.

4. How can I make the closing process easier for my host?

To make the closing process easier for your host, provide them with all the necessary information and resources. This can include product catalogs, order forms, and instructions on how to place an order online. You can also offer to assist them with placing orders or answering any questions they may have. Additionally, make sure to thank and recognize your host for their efforts in closing their party.

5. What are some creative ways to motivate my host to close their non-responsive party?

There are many creative ways to motivate your host to close their non-responsive party by the 3/5 deadline. You can offer them a personalized gift or a special discount on their order. You can also create a sense of urgency by reminding them of the limited time left to earn rewards and discounts. Another idea is to host a virtual party for the host and their friends, where they can earn additional rewards for closing their party on time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Suzyengl