• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Maximizing Advertising Success: Tips for Small Town Papers

G
Gagescorpages
Hey-
I am feeling a little panicky...
I am so scared of one of my 5 dropping out and not finding anyone else.
I know I am being a bit ridiculous, but I can't help it.
So...
I was wondering if any of you have had success with placing ads in papers? (small town papers, specifically)

I have a director friend in a small town in MI who has had some success. I personally have never done it.

Thanks Debbie. :)
It scares me to shell out the money...but if it brings leads, then it's worth it. (Just call me Master of the Obvious)
Just trying to weigh the pros & cons. *sigh*
I should probably just relax and keep doing what I'm doing. That's what got me the 1st 5!

I wouldn't recommend ads to anyone. Maybe I'm being a negative nellie, but I haven't had a bit of success with ads. I spent over $500 (or more?) for a few months in some neighborhood newsletters and a bridal brochure. I don't know that I got even $100 worth of sales from them. The gentleman from the ad company said that you get the best results from having your ad in the newsletter for at least 3 months. That didn't make a difference for me. Of course, I had online orders that didn't leave any of their contact info, but like I said, I can't imagine that those have accounted to much. I've gotten more attention to my business from having my magnets and PC logo with my phone # on my van. I've also found that just getting on the phone and doing a contact blitz from all of my previous contacts has been the best way to get more business (shows, recruits, and sales)! When I get no's, I ask for referrals. Hope that helps! Good luck!

I have heard a lot of people saying how ads brought out every weirdo out there. I would recommend instead getting on the phone - staying in contact with all your hosts,guests, leads...

I spent too much money on ads but no results either. They were the free neighborhood papers that get thrown on driveways. Then I realized oneday just how many of those papers were rotting on the driveways!!!

I have done ads several times and the only response was from people looking for the fast buck and none of them had heard of Pampered Chef. Even once I answered their questions and gave them a book they didn't give me any business - no consultant, no show, no order.

Definitely not worth the $$.

Okay good.
I am glad I brought it up.
You all just saved me some $$$!!!
:D
Now - time to call all those dusty old leads. Hey - ya' never know, right?

Get on the phone and ask past hosts ,customers, and everyone you know for referrals.

dannyzmom said:
I have heard a lot of people saying how ads brought out every weirdo out there. I would recommend instead getting on the phone - staying in contact with all your hosts,guests, leads...

That happened to me. Too many weirdos... people wanting to sell ME stuff, people wanting to recruit me into their businesses... lonely men answering the ad (3 of them... very weird!) I paid $100 for mine and go ZERO business from it.

1. How can I maximize advertising success in small town papers?

To maximize advertising success in small town papers, it is important to first understand the target audience and their interests. Tailor the advertisement to appeal to the community's needs and values. Additionally, consider the placement of the ad within the paper and the frequency of its appearance.

2. What are some tips for creating effective ads in small town papers?

To create an effective ad in a small town paper, use attention-grabbing headlines and eye-catching visuals. Keep the message concise and focused on the benefits of the product or service being advertised. It is also helpful to include a call-to-action and contact information for interested readers.

3. How can I track the success of my ad in a small town paper?

There are a few ways to track the success of an ad in a small town paper. One method is to include a unique promo code or URL in the ad and track the number of redemptions or visits. Another option is to ask customers how they heard about the business when they make a purchase or inquiry.

4. Are small town papers still effective for advertising in the digital age?

Yes, small town papers can still be effective for advertising in the digital age. Many small communities still rely on their local paper for news and information, and print ads can reach those who may not be as active online. Additionally, some small town papers also have an online presence, providing a combination of print and digital advertising opportunities.

5. What are some potential challenges of advertising in small town papers?

One potential challenge of advertising in small town papers is the limited reach compared to larger publications. It may also be more difficult to target a specific demographic or niche audience in a small town paper. Additionally, the cost of advertising in these papers may be higher compared to other forms of advertising, such as social media or online ads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • ChefKrisB
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mmmorgan20
  • jordanleigh1743