• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Kit: Kit Enhancement Month Tips & FAQs

In summary, you can order up to $500 worth of product (pre-discount) for your kit enhancement order. You place the order by going to P3 and selecting 'new non-commission order' from the toolbar and then selecting 'kit enhancement' from the the dropdown. CC has all the details. You're limited to things that are not in the kit.
Cape_PC
Hello,
I started PC on 9/28 so my kit enhancement month is coming up. So far I have earned 150 PC dollars. Will they let me know when I can order? Can I use those dollars on my kit enhancement order? Also, can I order anything for the kit enhancement or do they limit you to certain items? I do know I can only buy 1 of something though. Just trying to decide if I should get something now or wait and use it all then. Thanks!

Look through the paperwork and e-mails you have received. Your Kit Enhancement month should be in there. If not, call the 800 number for and ask.

You can verify your Kit Enhancement month on your "Welcome to the The Pampered Chef Family" welcome letter. Towards the bottom is a section entitled "Adding to Your Kit" that reads:

Kit Enhancement Month. In the fourth full month of your business, you may purchase additional products for your kit at 40 percent discount. Your new Consultant kit enhancement month is: XXXXXX. For complete details about this program, and other policies and procedures, see the Managing Your Business section of Consultant's Corner.

If you don't have the letter anymore, call HO. :)

You can order up to $500 (pre-discount) worth of product. You can only place one kit enhancement order that month. You place the order by going to P3 and selecting 'new non-commission order' from the toolbar and then selecting 'kit enhancement' from the the dropdown. CC has all the details.

You're also limited to things that are not in the kit. I'm not sure about items that have part of a set in the kit (like the easy-read measuring cup or prep bowls).

Ugh, I just noticed the Welcome Letter changed in September and doesn't include the kit enhancement date anymore. If you don't have the date in writing, I would call HO to verify it.

What items would you recommend getting with the kit enhancement discount?

These are items I think are great to have available for shows and for using at home (I recommend to my team they only buy products they'll also use in their own kitchen...since most of us don't have money to spare:)):

- DCB. It's a $65 sale and one of the single best products ever :love::love::love:. You'll also get a lot of personal use out of it as well.

- Trifle Bowl. Let's you make those 'wow' trifle recipes (and layered salads). I've had a lot of guests book just to get that bowl. Also, the trifles are ideal to take to pot-lucks you get invited to...a great conversation starter for generating business.

- 12" executive skillet. Use it at shows to make skillet cakes or the cooktop recipes. Use it at home because it's a fabulous workhorse.

- S/S mixing bowls . Use the medium bowl at shows instead of the batter bowl if you aren't having to put it in microwave. It is lighter and generates a bigger sale...and is fantastic!

- Fluted Stone. Great for making cakes in the microwave and helps show the versatility of the stoneware.

Smaller pieces I find are good to have both for shows and at home: baker's roller, EAD, a piece of bamboo, 5" santuko, tomato knife, timer, tool turn about.

***these are just my thoughts...your mileage may vary***:)

These are great ideas! What is the EAD?

I ordered the DCB with the Stoneware host discount in November (my DH had a show; sweet of him to give me the discount! :) ) And I'm ordering the trifle bowl this month with this month's host special.

The baker's roller is coming to me from the discounted supply order items - I ordered all of them, since they were a good deal and help me enhance my kit before kit enhancement! :)

I will definitely get the 12" skillet and S/S bowls - great suggestions! My upline also recommended the fluted stone.

She also suggested the citrus press, mix 'n chop, a serving platter, and the rice cooker.

EAD is Easy Accent Decorator.Take a look through the recipes you want to do at shows, or that you have requests for, and see what tools they use. If there's something that seems to be used in a lot of the recipes, add that to your list. But don't order right away. Start a list, and think about it for a bit. If you go through it and can't remember why you added an item, take it off - you probably don't need it.

The honing tool for the forged cutlery is important IMHO.​

chefann said:
But don't order right away. Start a list, and think about it for a bit. If you go through it and can't remember why you added an item, take it off - you probably don't need it.

I totally agree. Select your items based on what is cost effective for you. What you'll use in your kitchen and/or at your shows is different from what someone else will use.

When I started, I spent way more on samples than I should have. It was easy to rationalize the purchases as 'investments and tax deductions', but it was still money. Now that I've been in the busy for awhile, I simply don't buy it if I'm not going to personally use it (or have a super compelling business reason for it). I can just as easily show it in the catalog.

I totally agree with making sure you'll use it before shelling out the dough -- discount or not! I'm kind of a shopping addict, and I tend to go crazy when I have a discount to use, so, I'm telling you from experience. Make sure you'll use it!

That being said, I sell at least one can opener at every show. This has been on the kit enhancement orders of everyone on my team. While you're at it, I would also order the can strainer -- it makes the opener much more useful in my opinion. I like my tuna salad and chicken salad to be "dry", meaning as much of the "juice" as possible from the can is removed. So, the can strainer makes that possible, even better than a can lid ever did. Also, did you know that can lids are dirtier than public toilets? Just a little fact I like to share at my shows that ALWAYS sells both of these items.

What is Kit Enhancement Month?

Kit Enhancement Month is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can upgrade their starter kits with additional products at a discounted price.

When is Kit Enhancement Month?

Kit Enhancement Month typically takes place in the month of August, but the exact dates may vary each year. Be sure to check our website or ask your Pampered Chef consultant for the specific dates.

Can I participate in Kit Enhancement Month if I am already a consultant?

Yes, current consultants are also eligible to take advantage of the Kit Enhancement Month promotion and upgrade their starter kits with new products.

What are the benefits of participating in Kit Enhancement Month?

Participating in Kit Enhancement Month allows you to save money on new products and expand your product line, which can help increase your sales and grow your business.

How do I participate in Kit Enhancement Month?

To participate in Kit Enhancement Month, simply log in to your consultant account on our website and select the products you would like to add to your starter kit at the discounted price. Your consultant will then process the order for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76