• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maternity Leave (In Canada) and Pampered Chef Income

In summary, Diane's experience was that she had to declare her income as other and include all expenses from that particular month and those shows. She also noted that Service Canada was one of the most frustrating experiences of her life.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
Hello to all Canadians,
I'm just about to start my maternity leave through EI, and realized lately (through a host who was thinking about signing up but decided not to because of this issue) that any income I make through PC will have to be reported and will decrease (or take away completely, depending on the amount of income) my EI payments for that particular period.

Our commission amount that we get paid doesn't take any expenses into consideration, so it doesn't accurately reflect the amount of actual income (as when we do our income tax return).

Has anyone been on paid mat leave and still kept up your PC business? How did that work for you?

While I am not on maternity leave I do collect unemployment insurance. I declare the income as "other" and we are allowed to deduct expenses. Suppose a show commissionable sales were $200. You can deduct gas and kilos to get to show; any food purchased for the show or any other legitimate expense you may have incurred. So that may bring down the amount of income. We are allowed (under uic) to earn a certain amount before it is clawed back.
If you need further info I can supply what I know
Diane

Thanks Diane! I'm sure the regulations for uic are very similar to those for mat leave. When do you declare the income - in the week your commission gets deposited? And then I'm guessing that you'd include all the expenses from that particular month and those shows. Can you also deduct the cost of supply orders?Thanks so much for your response!

I declare the income in the week that I submit the show. You can do either...it is just easier for me to remember if I declare it the week I submit it.
I don't deduct the cost of supply orders for UIC purposes; I keep a receipt for annual taxes.
When I submit a catalogue show I put in hours worked as 1 hour.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions...getting answers from Service Canada has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.
DS

Hello fellow Canadian consultant,First of all, congratulations on your upcoming maternity leave! I can understand your concerns about how your PC income may affect your EI payments. It's important to note that any income, whether it's from PC or any other source, must be reported and may affect your EI payments.That being said, there are ways to manage your PC business while on maternity leave. One option is to adjust your PC business activities to fit within the allowable earnings limit for your specific EI claim. This can help ensure that your EI payments are not drastically reduced or eliminated.Additionally, you may want to consider consulting with a financial advisor or accountant to help you accurately track your PC income and expenses. This can also help you when it comes time to file your income tax return.I know many consultants who have successfully managed their PC business while on maternity leave, so I encourage you to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and support. Best of luck to you and your growing family!

1. What is the maternity leave policy in Canada?

The maternity leave policy in Canada allows eligible employees to take up to 18 weeks of unpaid leave for the birth or adoption of a child. This leave is protected by the Canadian government and guarantees job security for the employee upon their return.

2. How long is the maternity leave in Canada?

The length of maternity leave in Canada is up to 18 weeks, which can be taken before or after the birth or adoption of a child. This can also be extended up to 52 weeks with parental leave, which can be shared between both parents.

3. Can I receive income while on maternity leave?

While on maternity leave, you may be eligible to receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits from the Canadian government. These benefits provide a portion of your income to help support you during your leave. You may also be able to receive additional income through other sources, such as the Pampered Chef business.

4. How does Pampered Chef income work during maternity leave?

Pampered Chef income during maternity leave works the same as any other time. As an independent consultant, you are in control of your own business and can work as much or as little as you choose. This can provide additional income while on leave and can be adjusted to fit your needs and schedule.

5. Is it difficult to balance Pampered Chef income with maternity leave?

Balancing Pampered Chef income with maternity leave can be challenging, but it is possible with proper time management and support. Many consultants find that the flexibility of the Pampered Chef business allows them to work around their schedule as a new parent. Additionally, the Pampered Chef community offers support and resources to help consultants succeed during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies