• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Referrals: Tips and Tricks for Networking Success

In summary, it's completely normal to feel a bit uncomfortable when asking for referrals, but they are an important way to grow your business. Some suggestions for encouraging referrals include mentioning it at shows and offering incentives, focusing on the value and benefits of hosting or joining, and simply asking your friends and guests. Don't be afraid to ask and be confident in what you have to offer.
scottcooks
Gold Member
I know I'm missing the boat, but I've never done it. Perhaps its a guy-being-shy thing, or just a silly me thing, but what words do you use to encourage folks to refer you?

I feel comfortable going and talking with a complete stranger about PC and the opportunity or hosting a show, but uncomfortable asking guests or friends I know for referrals. Suggestions?

I say "If you or anyone you know..." or "I reward referrals" at shows and in CC calls and I tell hosts to pass the catalogs I gave them for the show out to people who might be interested or to leave them in break rooms, doctors office, etc.

I have gotten some referrals this way. I have a catalog show going right now with someone that was referred to me a year ago and placed an order, now wanting some benefits. I also have a Wedding Shower going that was the result of them talking about doing one and someone had my information and said "call her". Give them magnets! They stick around much longer than business cards or anything else.

It seems like I've seen "refer a friend, get a gift" type coupons here somewhere. I know that I have them for booths. I'm sorta the same as Beth, I tell my hosts or guests that I "reward" those who refer. You can set your own prize based on what you want to give away tho!

I give referrals a discount on their next purchase or free shipping or if they happen to want something that I have on hand I might give them that. It really depends on what the referral is.

Hi there! Don't worry, you are definitely not alone in feeling a bit shy or uncomfortable when it comes to asking for referrals. It's completely normal, especially when it involves friends and family. But let me tell you, referrals are one of the best ways to grow your business and reach new customers.One way to approach it is to simply mention to your friends and guests at your shows that you are always looking for new people to share the amazing products and opportunity with. You can also offer incentives for referrals, such as a discount or free product for every successful referral.Another way is to focus on the value and benefits of hosting a show or joining as a consultant. Remind them of the great deals and rewards they can earn by hosting a show, or the flexibility and income potential of being a consultant. People are more likely to refer you if they see the value in what you have to offer.And remember, don't be afraid to ask. You never know who might be interested or know someone who is. Just be genuine and confident in what you have to offer, and your referrals will come naturally.I hope this helps and good luck with growing your business!

1. How can I become good at getting referrals?

To become good at getting referrals, it is important to build strong relationships with your customers and network. This can be done by consistently providing excellent customer service and asking for referrals from satisfied customers. You can also offer incentives or rewards for customers who refer new business to you.

2. What is the best way to ask for referrals?

The best way to ask for referrals is to be direct and specific. Let your customers know that you value their opinion and would appreciate any referrals they can provide. You can also make it easy for them by providing referral cards or a referral link that they can easily share with their friends and family.

3. How do I track my referrals?

There are a few different ways to track your referrals. You can use a spreadsheet or CRM system to keep track of referrals and their progress. You can also ask your customers to mention your name or provide a referral code when they refer someone to you, so you can easily track where the referral came from.

4. What should I do if I don't receive any referrals?

If you are not receiving any referrals, it may be a sign that you need to improve your customer service or strengthen your relationships with your customers. You can also try offering incentives or asking for referrals in a different way to see if that makes a difference.

5. Is it appropriate to ask for referrals from friends and family?

Asking for referrals from friends and family can be a good way to start building your referral network. However, it is important to be mindful and respectful of their boundaries and not constantly ask for referrals. Make sure to also provide excellent service to them, so they feel confident referring you to others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • MJMoran12
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • ChefCKHall