• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Melon Balling: Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Shaped Balls

In summary, the conversation revolves around the difficulty of using a melon baller and the tips and tricks for successfully creating perfect melon balls. There is also some humorous banter and jokes about the use of the melon baller and other kitchen tools. Ultimately, it is suggested to watch the Spring into Success video for a demonstration on how to use the melon baller effectively.
reba515
hate the thing! Maybe I am using wrong but I can't get a melon ball to save my life and when trying to do it I stab my hand with the other end..because of course the cover won't stay on.
I just did a whole melon I maybe got 2 actual balls from the whole thing.

(I know I just set myself up for KG didn't I !!?:rolleyes: )

Hmmm, I haven't used mine yet, but I was thinking how great it was going to be. There are two different sides to the melon baller side right? Did it make a difference turning it one way versus the other?

Wow - now I have loved the melon baller! Did you watch the new Spring Into Success dvd? There is a segment on how to use the melon baller.....and I would choke up in the handle a bit so that my hand isn't on the other end, but more in the middle of the handle. I've been able to make melon balls successfully for the first time in my life!

Really?? I just tried it over the weekend, and LOVE IT!!! It was so easy to do.

Watch the Spring into Success 2007 video! They show you how to use the products. It really helps. Good Luck!:)

I make perfect melon balls too! I would definetely choke up on the "baller" end though!

Isn't it funny when something like a perfect melon ball makes us so happy (and gives me such a sense of accomplishment!):rolleyes:

I just love being told to choke up on the balls...lol.

Okay I guess I'll have to give another go at it!
I know I was so excited to make perfect melon balls! it's so so sad !:eek:

mom2leelee said:
Don't even get me started on the meat tenderizer!! At my show the other day I actually said "Rub your meat with the jerk, the pound the crap out of it with our tenderizer." The whole crowd burst out with laughter because I was BEET red!!

I knew as soon as I said "balls" where it was going!
LOL!!

gilliandanielle said:
Don't even get me started on the meat tenderizer!! At my show the other day I actually said "Rub your meat with the jerk, the pound the crap out of it with our tenderizer." The whole crowd burst out with laughter because I was BEET red!!

Who needs a Hijack thread?

That is hilarious! IT's the type of thing I say w/o thinking, but then the second it's out of my mouth (but to late to retract!) I KNOW I shouldn't have said it!

Now that it's in my brain - will I ever be able to demo the tenderizer w/o snickering to myself????

LOL! You guys always crack me up!

mom2leelee said:
Just breathe through your nose.

Paige Dixon said:
Just breathe through your nose.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! You DIDN'T just say that! ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

And rememer, if you are what you eat, I'm cheap, fast and easy.

Somehow that just seems to fit where this thread ended up. :D

So, where is the video on how to properly use the melon baller?

Consultant Corner > Products and recipes > products > Procut demo videos > 1176 Core & More

I used mine for the first time yesterday. I got great balls, but I do think I needed to choke up on it. It kept poking me!

sillylittlechef said:
I used mine for the first time yesterday. I got great balls, but I do think I needed to choke up on it. It kept poking me!
Must... resist... urge... to post.... something.... naughty.....

Ann - I'm thinking it - go ahead and post it!! LOL!!!

pcchris said:
Ann - I'm thinking it - go ahead and post it!! LOL!!!
I already basically posted it by bolding parts of the quote. :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Related to Mastering Melon Balling: Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Shaped Balls

What is "New Core & More, I Just"?

"New Core & More, I Just" is a new line of kitchen tools and gadgets from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. These products are all about simplifying your cooking experience and helping you create delicious meals with ease.

What types of products are included in the "New Core & More, I Just" line?

The "New Core & More, I Just" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as vegetable peelers, measuring spoons, can openers, and more. These products are specifically designed to make cooking and meal prep faster and easier.

Are the "New Core & More, I Just" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the "New Core & More, I Just" products are dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after cooking a breeze and saves you time and effort in the kitchen.

Can I purchase these products individually or do I have to buy them as a set?

You can purchase the "New Core & More, I Just" products individually or as a set. We offer a variety of bundle options to fit your needs and budget. You can also mix and match products to create your own customized set.

What sets the "New Core & More, I Just" line apart from other kitchen tools on the market?

The "New Core & More, I Just" products are all designed with the busy home cook in mind. They are innovative, high-quality, and versatile, making them essential tools for any kitchen. Plus, they come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can feel confident in your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinasKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies