• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Perfect Broccoli Dip: Fresh or Frozen? Chips or Crackers?

In summary, the key ingredients for making the perfect broccoli dip are broccoli, cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, and spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Both fresh and frozen broccoli can be used for the dip, with the option to thaw and drain frozen broccoli before adding it to the recipe. The dip can be served with both chips and crackers, and variations to the basic recipe include adding bacon, sausage, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, or spinach. The dip can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days, with the option to reheat and add a splash of milk for creaminess.
PCSarahjm
For those that have made this dip do you use fresh brocolli or frozen? Do you serve with crackers or chips? TIA

Ive made it with frozen broccoli (make sure you use a paper towel to drain moisture off) and I served it with ritz crackers. YUM!! (I am eating better these days, so this is really making me salivate!)

vwpamperedchef said:
I am eating better these days, so this is really making me salivate!

It's got broccoli in it - it must be healthy! :chef:

True True!! Lol

Thanks Vanessa

PCSarahjm said:
For those that have made this dip do you use fresh brocolli or frozen? Do you serve with crackers or chips? TIA

I used Fresh...everytime that I made it...I have made it a few times...and I serve it with crackers.

What are the key ingredients for making the perfect broccoli dip?

The key ingredients for making the perfect broccoli dip are broccoli, cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, and spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.

Is it better to use fresh or frozen broccoli for the dip?

Both fresh and frozen broccoli can be used for the dip, but if using frozen broccoli, it is important to thaw and drain it before adding it to the recipe. Fresh broccoli may have a slightly better texture, but frozen broccoli can be a convenient option.

Can the dip be served with both chips and crackers?

Yes, the dip can be served with both chips and crackers. It is a matter of personal preference. Chips may offer a more sturdy base for dipping, while crackers can add a nice crunch.

What are some variations to the basic broccoli dip recipe?

Some variations to the basic broccoli dip recipe include adding chopped bacon or cooked ground sausage for added flavor. You can also mix in diced tomatoes, jalapenos, or spinach for a twist on the traditional dip.

Can the broccoli dip be made ahead of time?

Yes, the broccoli dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. Just reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving. You may need to add a splash of milk to the dip to make it creamy again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • pamperedtraci
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedtraci
Replies