• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Network: Tips for Making New Contacts and Growing Your Business

In summary, this person is looking for ways to make new contacts and increase their sales. They are having trouble finding a way to make new contacts and are getting frustrated. They have tried contacting friends and family, but they are at a standstill. They are looking into Christmas fairs, contacting local businesses, and reaching out to people within their neighborhood.
teacherdork
I need some help in making new contacts. I have exhausted my list of friends and family. I can't seem to get people to book a party to save my life. I am still in my first 90 days, but am getting so frustrated that I feel like throwing in the towel. However, I just closed a $500 show today and will close a $300 one tomorrow.

I had an idea about calling offices (doctors, schools, dentists, etc.) and asking if they would be interested in "Pampering their Staff" with some PC goodies. I would also drop off a catalog and maybe come by in a week or so and pick up their orders.

My problem is that I have no idea where to start with this. How do you pitch it to the office managers of these places? I need some advice if anyone has ever tried it.

If you have any other advice on how I could make new contacts (hosts and/or customers) that would be fabulous. I am open to any and all ideas.

Thank you so much!

PS- I work a full time job as a school teacher so I am actually only doing this part time but I would love to build it up enough to be a stay at home mom oneday (or is that even possible?).

check local firestations to see if they have any craft fairs going on. local churches for same.

Right now I agree that christmas fairs would be your best bet... if you have local community leagues that would also be a good option.
After that you could try pampering a business - go to places where you already have a connection of some sort, ideally.
Have you tried your co-workers? Maybe bringing in a PC snack (on a stoneware pan, for example) for a staff meeting, and bringing along a few catalogs...Just hang in there and keep trying... it does get easier!

First of all - welcome to The Pampered Chef and Chef Success! I love your screen name, by the way.

When doing a Pamper Your Business, my strongest suggestion is to call ahead of time, because many businesses to not allow solicitation. It would be awkward to bring in a platter or bar pan, etc. of food, only to be turned away. As for how to get permission, when I did this I just told whoever answered the phone "Hi, my name is Sarah Rodriguez, and I'm your local Pampered Chef consultant. I would like to bring in a treat for your office, and some catalogs. To whom should I speak for permission?" Sometimes it was that person, sometimes they transferred me, sometimes they said right off they don't allow solicitations.

Also, be sure, just like booking a show, to have your calendar in front of you with a list of dates and times convenient to you. Ask if there is a day of the week or month when they have staff meetings (which means just about everyone would be there), and if you could do a 5-10 minute presentation (this time of year, I would play up how easy gift shopping is with The Pampered Chef, and maybe suggest some gift sets).

Finally, use the fact you're a school district employee to your advantage. Talk to PTA/PTOs, booster clubs, etc., for fundraising opportunities.

Hoping you have a successful business, and meet all your goals.

Thanks ya'll. I did sell within my school and district and just closed a $500 show as a result, but now I feel like I am at a standstill. I don't really have anything lined up, and no one that I ask is even remotely interested in doing a party so I am trying to just make contacts to increase my sales.

What about within my neighborhood? I thought about making a batch of cookies and passing out little tins (from the Dollar Tree) out to my neighbors (whom I don't know). I figured I would bring either an invite to a Christmas gathering at my house or a catalog for individual orders. Any suggestions on that?

I have been looking for craft fairs............thanks for the idea. What do you think about $300 booth rent? I have never participated in anything like that before, and I am curious on thoughts.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I appreciate it a lot.

Have you done your own show? Could you perhaps do a show at your house (maybe a cookie show!!) and invite all those people in your neighborhood, at your school, with the PTA, etc etc etc... coach yourself just like you would one of your hosts!!

teacherdork said:
...I have been looking for craft fairs............thanks for the idea. What do you think about $300 booth rent? I have never participated in anything like that before, and I am curious on thoughts. ...

that sounds like a lot to me. I just sent out two applications for holiday fairs, one was $20 (at a local shelter type of org) and one was $25 (through the YMCA)
But I am also just starting and in kind of the same position. I have quite a few catalog shows (all over the country actually) going but I've heard they run out quick. So I'm really trying to focus on getting shows booked and getting out there into people's homes. I'm also compiling a list to mail out an info postcard to hopefully get some local interest in fundraisers for schools, dance studios, shelters (both animal and human) etc.
I made up a flyer with my website and contact info with an order form to send with my husband. He hands them out through out the day. So if you know anyone who works with people, that is an inexpensive way to get the word out.
Hope this helps a little. Good Luck!!

$300 is a lot for a booth fee... especially when you're starting out.
I have one coming up that I'm paying $100 for, but it's supposed to have over 1000 in attendance. We'll see how it pans out...
A PC Christmas Gathering at your house sounds like a great idea, and is also a great way to meet your neighbours!

I've seen a postcard someone used before that you can mail out to neighbors and anyone else that uses the headline "Look What I'm Doing Now" or something like that to let everyone know that they have a PC consultant in their area.
My other suggestion is to invest in business cards and leave them where ever you can. It's a lot cheaper than catalogs and I've personally had better success with them getting bookings and new customers.

pampchefsarah said:
As for how to get permission, when I did this I just told whoever answered the phone "Hi, my name is Sarah Rodriguez, and I'm your local Pampered Chef consultant. I would like to bring in a treat for your office, and some catalogs. To whom should I speak for permission?" Sometimes it was that person, sometimes they transferred me, sometimes they said right off they don't allow solicitations.

Also, be sure, just like booking a show, to have your calendar in front of you with a list of dates and times convenient to you. Ask if there is a day of the week or month when they have staff meetings (which means just about everyone would be there), and if you could do a 5-10 minute presentation (this time of year, I would play up how easy gift shopping is with The Pampered Chef, and maybe suggest some gift sets).

Thanks for this tip! I'm in my first 90 days and have just closed my third show. I have 6 other shows booked for sure and several maybes, but no one wants to do anything until the end of January! This may very well tip me over the edge! I'm nearing the end of my 90 days and am SO close to getting my first recruit and mere dollars away from my first $1250 (which is my goal because a friend of mine is getting married this spring and I'd love to do her registry!)

Thanks!

Monty060609 said:
that sounds like a lot to me. I just sent out two applications for holiday fairs, one was $20 (at a local shelter type of org) and one was $25 (through the YMCA)
But I am also just starting and in kind of the same position. I have quite a few catalog shows (all over the country actually) going but I've heard they run out quick. So I'm really trying to focus on getting shows booked and getting out there into people's homes. I'm also compiling a list to mail out an info postcard to hopefully get some local interest in fundraisers for schools, dance studios, shelters (both animal and human) etc.
I made up a flyer with my website and contact info with an order form to send with my husband. He hands them out through out the day. So if you know anyone who works with people, that is an inexpensive way to get the word out.
Hope this helps a little. Good Luck!!

I agree. $300 is a lot. They had a local fair here that wanted $150 and another consultant and I were going to split it, but it didn't pan out and there was just no way as a new consultant who Just managed to make back her investment, and a brand new mom, I just couldn't pull $150 out of my pocket for it, unfortunately.

My best sales so far came from just chatting with the hygeinist at my dentists office. She asked me what I had been up to since my son was born and I mentioned Pampered Chef---and she launced into stories about her products and how much she loved them---telling her coworkers about them and doing all the work for me while she cleaned my teeth! By the end of my cleaning, I had a white smile and $300 in orders (i keep catalogs and order forms in my diaper bag and just handed them out while we waited for the dentist to come check my xrays!)

you'll find contacts in the strangest places--keep order forms and cataogs handy at ALL times and just casually mention it everywhere you go! When someone mentions the economy, mention having a second job as a pampered chef consultant to make extra money. when someone mentions thanksgiving, mention a product that is going to make your holidays easier.
Everywhere you go, just talk about it as though you love it and you'll be shocked how people respond!

1. How do I approach potential new contacts?

The best way to approach potential new contacts is by being genuine and friendly. Start by introducing yourself and mentioning that you work for Pampered Chef. Then, ask them if they have heard of the company or if they have any interest in kitchen products. Be sure to have business cards or catalogs on hand to give them.

2. What is the best way to find new contacts?

Networking events, local markets or fairs, and social media are great places to find new contacts. You can also ask for referrals from friends and family or reach out to people in your community who may be interested in your products. Don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box!

3. How often should I follow up with new contacts?

It's important to follow up with new contacts within a week of meeting them. This shows that you are interested in building a relationship and keeps you fresh in their mind. You can follow up via email, phone call, or even a handwritten note.

4. What should I do if a potential new contact seems uninterested?

Don't take it personally. Some people may not be interested in your products, and that's okay. Thank them for their time and move on to the next potential contact. It's important to remember that rejection is a natural part of any sales job.

5. How can I make a lasting impression on new contacts?

Be knowledgeable about your products and the company. Show genuine enthusiasm and passion for what you do. Be a good listener and take the time to get to know the person and their needs. Follow up with them and continue to stay in touch to build a strong relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • pclady213
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies