• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Mealtime Fun with 2yo-Size Finger Sandwiches & Cookies Using a Corer!

.I've never heard of that, but it sounds like a great idea!I've never heard of that, but it sounds like a great idea!
katie0128
Silver Member
Someone has probably thought of this before, but it is new to me...

The corer makes great 2yo-size finger sandwiches! My DD is really funny about what she eats and when and she doesn't like "too big" pieces. We are eating lunch now and she wouldn't eat her PBJ sandwich. I just got my corer (one of those things I never thought I needed, so I just bought it last week) and wondered if it would make pieces small enough for her. Sure enough it does and in about 3 minutes she had eaten the entire sandwich... after making a tower with all the little circles!

I have some sugar cookie dough in the refrigerator that I was going to roll out tonight... now I think I'm going to make 2yo size cookies with the corer as well!

Now that I can cut soft things into circles for her, getting her to eat is going to be so much easier!!!

Katie.. where have you been?? I haven't seen you on here in forever!!!!!

What a CUTE idea!!

We called them Dot or Moon Sandwiches. Crinkle Cutter makes everything a fry & the Creative Cutters...well...you get the idea. Nice job. SHARE that with customers. They love that kind of stuff!

Nice Ideas!!

GREAT idea! I just introduced my 2 year old daughter to Play Doh yesterday. Needless to say the garlic press, nylon knife, can strainer and meat tenderizer all came out of the drawer. Another thing to talk about at my shows!

We used the garlic press and creative cutters for play doh yesterday too!

The Baker's Roller is great for Play-Doh, too. :)

A customer introduced me to an idea for the corer...she uses the corer with watermelon and cantalope, making fruit sticks and often places them beside the vegetables. She said the guests love it and it is the talk of the parties.

I'm newer to PC; maybe this is something commonly done but I'd never heard of the idea.

Never seen this product in person but I sure want to buy one after reading this! I'm sold!!!

I used your idea this afternoon to make "polka dot" sandwiches. ALL my kids loved it! I can't wait to try the fruit sticks. That sounds so cool! Thanks for all the inspiration. My corer has sat idle for awhile - til now! :)

I'll pop in with another idea someone sent me...use the Fluted Stone in the microwave to make twice-baked potatoes! Simply core your potato with the Corer, saving the part of potato that was removed. Stuff cheese and butter (can do sour cream too if you like) inside the opening, then cut the middle part out of your 'core' so that you can cap the potato on both sides! Quick and simple and everyone gets a surprise when they cut into the potato!

aPamperedBride said:
I'll pop in with another idea someone sent me...use the Fluted Stone in the microwave to make twice-baked potatoes! Simply core your potato with the Corer, saving the part of potato that was removed. Stuff cheese and butter (can do sour cream too if you like) inside the opening, then cut the middle part out of your 'core' so that you can cap the potato on both sides! Quick and simple and everyone gets a surprise when they cut into the potato!

do you core the potato after it's cooked once?

I use it to take the seeds out of my cucumbers...that's where the "burps" are. At my shows, I'll make the cucumber/carrot flowers: Score outside of cucumber, cut to lengths that will fit the Corer, core seeds, stuff a large peeled carrot in the hole and slice with Crinkle Cutter.

If you're feeling REALLY creative, stick them on skewers and surround with celery fans on skewers to make grass (egg slicer plus, then dunk them for several minutes in ice water).

I love the idea of the flowers and celery "grass"... what a cute thing to do for a spring show or cutesey bridal shower appitizer!

Great idea!!! We always talk about the chopper being great for making your own baby food this will be a great addition!

Hey "aPamperedBride" from Plano, how long do you cook your twice baked potatoes in the Fluted Pan? Sounds really yummy!
Deb

The twice baked potato sounds really good.

I was at a show last night and one of my guests said she made hashbrowns with the food chopper. Just tookk the potato and chopped. She couldnt find her grater and that is why she used the food chopper

1. What makes using a corer for finger sandwiches and cookies fun for a 2-year-old?

Using a corer allows for uniform and perfectly sized pieces of bread and cookies, making it easier for little hands to hold and eat. Plus, the process of coring can be a fun and interactive activity for children to participate in!

2. Are there any safety concerns when using a corer with young children?

Our corer has a safe and easy-to-use design, but we always recommend parental supervision when children are using kitchen tools. It's also important to teach children proper handling and safety measures when using the corer.

3. Can the corer be used for other types of food besides sandwiches and cookies?

Yes! Our corer is versatile and can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as apples, pears, and cucumbers. It's a great tool for making healthy and fun snacks for children.

4. Is the corer dishwasher safe?

Yes, our corer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. We recommend placing it on the top rack for best results.

5. How many finger sandwiches and cookies can be made with one use of the corer?

The amount of sandwiches and cookies that can be made will depend on the size of the bread and cookies you are using. However, on average, you can make around 8-10 finger sandwiches and 12-15 cookies with one use of the corer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies