• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Delicious Cobblers in the Microwave!

In summary, In this conversation, the experts discuss how to make a Microwave Cobbler. They suggest looking for recipes online or in the Files, and using a cake mix and pie filling of choice. The experts also discuss how to adjust the recipe depending on what fruit is in season. Finally, they give tips on how to make the recipe easier and more convenient for single mothers.
kisrae
Gold Member
Does anyone have a recipe for a Microwave cobbler? I want to start making cobbles with all the summer fruits but don't want to heat up the house.
Thanks for helping.:)

Did you try searching the Files on here, or even PC's recipes? I know I've seen some, but I don't have them. PC has had one for awhile in the Featured Recipes.(Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp) which is very good, but not really fruit of season right now.In the files, look for some of the DCB Cookbooks- several versions I've seen have had different Cobbler recipes. You could probably easily adjust to the fruit of choice.

Thanks for the info. I just did a file check and found something. thank youso much.

I love making a "cobbler" with my deep covered baker. I use it a lot at shows because the host can make it their own and it shows just how easy and quick it is to use the deep covered baker! Some people refer to this as "dump" cake, but I've had a lot of people say it tastes like a quick cobbler.

Here's the Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cake mix, choose your flavor
1 can pie filling, choose a complementing flavor
1 ½ sticks butter

Directions:
Layer the following in the Deep Covered Baker: cake mix, pie filling, pats of butter. Cover and microwave for ten minutes. Take out and stir mixture. Microwave an additional 2-3 minutes. Let cool.

Combination Ideas:

Just Peachy: yellow cake mix and peach pie filling

Little Bit o’ Spice: spice cake mix with apple pie filling (use TPC Cinnamon Sprinkles for added flavor)

Apple Pie Cobbler: yellow cake mix with apple pie filling (use TPC Caramel Sprinkles for added flavor)

Choc. Covered Cherry: chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling

Berry, Berry Good: strawberry cake mix with strawberry pie filling

Strawberry Shortcake: white cake mix with strawberry pie filling

Merideth, do you mix the cake mix with the eggs, water and oil before layering it?

Rose, it's just the cake mix... not like a batter... just the mix, the filing and the butter. when i hosted my show before joining, this was done at my party, and i've been making it ever since! huge reason i joined, if i could just do this at parties, i'd have the easiest job in the world ha ha!

Oh, also, when I make it, I melt my butter in a prep bowl, or measuring cup, shows another product and seems to make the moisture more even. I also use TWO cans of pie filling, I like it more.

Also, cause I'm a single mom half the time (military wife!), I have HALVED this recipe and done it in the MINI BAKER (no lid necessary). Half a cake mix, one can filling and 3/4 stick of butter. Same time. I wouldn't do the half recipe at a shw, but it's nice at home!

Like she said, it's only the cake mix, not an actual batter. And it is so easy! I let my guests cut the butter using the different paring knives. I give them the little one (3/$4.75), the color coated one, and the forged cutlery paring knife and let them feel the difference in each. I say, "You can see how all do an awesome job and are top-notch quality, but just by slicing butter you can feel the difference in the forged cutlery."

What is the purpose of making cobblers in the microwave?

Cobblers made in the microwave are a quick and easy dessert option for those who do not have access to an oven or do not want to wait for traditional baking times.

Can I use any type of fruit for the cobbler?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit for the cobbler. Some popular options include peaches, berries, and apples.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make the cobbler in the microwave?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. A microwave-safe dish and basic kitchen utensils are all you need.

How long does it take to make a cobbler in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave and the size of your cobbler. On average, it takes about 5-7 minutes to cook a cobbler in the microwave.

Can I make a larger batch of cobbler in the microwave?

Yes, you can make a larger batch of cobbler in the microwave. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use a larger microwave-safe dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kisrae
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dkitten13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies