• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lots of Fisher Price/Matel Toys Recalled for Lead Paint!

In summary, there has been a recall of many toys due to lead-based paint, including popular characters such as Sesame Street, Dora, and Diego. Many parents are grateful for the information and will be checking their children's toyboxes. Some have found that their toys were made before the recall dates, but are relieved nonetheless. There are concerns about the safety of toys made in China and the continued relationship with the country.
Thanks! I will pass this along to my friends and family!

Thanks for posting.

thanks so much!!! i'll definately check my daughters toybox!!

I checked mine out and some of mine were on the list, but made prior to May 2007. Whew!!

krzymomof4 said:
I checked mine out and some of mine were on the list, but made prior to May 2007. Whew!!

Same here, but one I think that my son received for his b-day May 11, 2007.
Thanks so much for posting this...now to find the stupid thing.

You'd think by now they'd know that you can't use lead paint on toys ...

My DD has EVERY Dora item there!! I know the big house was bought at Christmas and a lot of the little items were bought within the last few months. UGH!!!

Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have known anything about it.:(

I just heard about this and appreciate not having to look up the sight. How happy am I that we aren't Dora obsessed here. Hopefully, Care Bears & Disney Princesses are safe.Does anyone else wonder WHY we continue to have a relationship with China? Seems like there is always something new that's really harmful that we let into the country from China. Pet food, fish, toys.

Lots of Elmo stuff which my son LOVES! Luckily he doesn't ahve any of that. Are they pulling these items from the stores? I hope so! His birthday is in November.

I hadn't heard about this either! Thanks for posting.

These toys were made in China. I don't think they have the concern about lead poisoning.

Jules711 said:
Does anyone else wonder WHY we continue to have a relationship with China? Seems like there is always something new that's really harmful that we let into the country from China. Pet food, fish, toys.

My sentiments exactly!

Related to Lots of Fisher Price/Matel Toys Recalled for Lead Paint!

What toys are affected by the lead paint recall?

The recall includes various Fisher Price and Matel toys, including popular items such as Dora the Explorer and Sesame Street characters, as well as various cars and playsets.

How do I know if my child's toy is part of the recall?

You can check the official recall list on the Consumer Product Safety Commission's website. You can also look for the model number and date code, which can usually be found on the bottom of the toy or on the packaging.

What should I do if I have a recalled toy?

You should immediately stop using the toy and take it away from your child. Contact Fisher Price or Matel for instructions on how to return the toy and receive a replacement or refund.

What are the potential health risks of lead paint in toys?

Exposure to lead paint can lead to serious health issues, particularly in young children. These include developmental delays, learning disabilities, and behavior problems.

How can I prevent my child from being exposed to lead paint in toys?

You can help prevent exposure to lead paint by regularly checking for recalls and avoiding buying toys from unknown or unreliable sources. You can also look for toys made from alternative materials, such as wood or fabric.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • jrstephens