• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Check at Show: How Do I Handle It?

I had a show today where the hostess ordered the host specialIn summary, the conversation was about a consultant who had misplaced a check from a customer for the host special. She was considering asking for a replacement check and was unsure if it was rude to do so. Other participants in the conversation shared their own experiences of losing or misplacing checks and how they handled the situation. Ultimately, the consultant found the missing check and was relieved.
gothim0802
I will say this part first. I use my little pockets on my apron to hold all my money in during shows.

So I had a show today. I packed everything away including my apron. Then the sis n law of the show decided to pay for the host special for the host as a gift. Well now the check is no where to be found.

My hubby and I both have emptied everything going behind each other and all and nothing.

I called the host and she said she will look.

If it doesnt come up, how would you handle this? Is it rude to call adn ask for another one?

It is not rude to ask for another check. The payment was misplaced or lost or whatever. Hopefully, she will understand, but she should know also that the check it somewhere "out there". I hope it works out for you. (it should be okay)

Thanks. I just wanted to see if someone else would get another. I mean it is 55.00 after all.

Jenny,
I am going to be honest here. The same thing happened to me when I hosted a show before I became a consultant. The lady was a director and I wrote her a check for my ingredients. She liked to purchase them and then have the host pay her. Well she calls me and tells me she can't find the check and wonders if I remember where she put it. I didn't of course because I was writing the check amount in my checkbook when she was putting the check away. We had looked here and it was definitely not here. But it really bothered me when she asked me to replace it. I realize people make mistakes but I also think of the check that's out there floating around that someone could get my info from or even somehow cash. So in my opinion, you should offer to pay the fee to stop payment on the other check. She may say no, don't worry about it. But it would have made me feel much better if the lady had done that for me. HTH!
God bless,
Amanda

Thanks for the info. I will definitely mention the stop payment fee to her.

A guest called me to ask if I had her check ... I was visiting a friend at the hospital so I didn't have them with me but promised to check ... turns out she had forgotten to write it ... and called because her register was off. She put it in the mail right away.It might not be your mistake ...

I will be honest, I have lost one, it came in the mail and I saw it in the mailbox on my way out the door and left it there because it was safer than bringing it in the car, hubby comes home and brings in the mail and doesn't remember ever seeing it. Still have no idea what happened. Another one we finally decided got thrown out by my brother when he was helping me clean up the kitchen one day. (had just come in the mail) Anyway, the first one I did call the lady and tell her because I have no idea if it got lost inside my house or from the mailbox. She said it hadn't been cashed and I paid for the item as it was only ten dollars. The second lady ran into me about 8 months later and repaid me because it was never cashed and she had been waiting on her bank account to even out. I was very grateful. But for $55. I would not be able to afford to pay for it but would maybe offer to have the check stopped for her.

UPDATE!!!!

What a retard I am! So I found it!! Guess I was super tired!! As I was getting my deposit ready I came accross the check I thought was missing in the stack with the rest :blushing:

I am glad I am not the only one!! I closed a show today and mis-typed on the adding machine. I got home and realized I was $63 short. I have left 2 msgs so far for the hostess, but I went ahead and submitted the show b/c I needed it for the double points (400 from just this show) and the commissions for month end!!

1. What should I do if I realize a check is missing after a show?

If you notice that a check is missing after a show, the first step is to contact the customer and politely ask if they may have forgotten to give you the check or if it got lost in the mail. If the customer confirms that they have sent the check but it hasn't arrived, ask them to put a stop payment on the original check and issue a new one. Let them know that you will be happy to provide them with your address again or to pick up the check in person to ensure its safe delivery.

2. Should I contact my bank or Pampered Chef for assistance?

If a check is lost at a show, it is best to first contact the customer and try to resolve the issue directly with them. If that doesn't work, contact your bank to see if they can assist with stopping the original check and issuing a new one. If the check was made out to Pampered Chef, you can reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

3. What if the customer refuses to issue a new check?

If a customer refuses to issue a new check, you can offer alternative payment methods such as credit card or cash. If the customer still refuses to pay, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef upline or our customer service team for further guidance.

4. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

To prevent lost checks at shows, it is important to have a system in place to keep track of payments. This could include using a payment log or digital payment methods. It is also helpful to remind customers to double check that they have included all payment in their envelope before sealing it.

5. Will I still receive commission for a lost check?

If a check is lost at a show, you will not receive commission until the issue is resolved and payment is received. However, if the customer has proof of payment (such as a receipt from their bank), you will still receive commission for that sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shelbi
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies