• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Our Old Pizza Crust Recipe?

In summary, the customer is dying for an old Pizza Crust recipe that she swears came with the round stone when she first started using it. Anyone have such a thing?
karenblount
I have a customer that is dying for our old Pizza Crust recipe that she swears came with the round stone when she first started using it. Anyone have such a thing?

karenblount said:
I have a customer that is dying for our old Pizza Crust recipe that she swears came with the round stone when she first started using it. Anyone have such a thing?

Pizza Crust
Ingredients:
1 pouch (16 ounces) Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 1/4 cups very warm water (120°F-130°F)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine pizza crust mix and yeast packet in large bowl; mix well. Add water and oil. Stir until mixture forms a ball.

2. Turn dough out onto well floured surface. With floured or greased hands, gently knead dough 8-10 times. Sprinkle additional flour over surface as needed to reduce stickiness. If making two 12-inch pizzas, divide dough in half.

3. Shape dough into a smooth ball. Pat dough into a well floured disk. Place dough on center of flat Baking Stone or well greased metal baking pan. Roll out dough to within 1/2 inch of edge.

4. Spread 1/2-3/4 cup pizza sauce over dough. Add toppings such as 1/2 pound cooked meat or 1 1/2 cups chopped vegetables and 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese.

5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.

Yield: 1 14-inch pizza crust or 2 12-inch pizza crusts

Variations: Herbed Crust: Stir 1 tablespoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix or 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil leaves and dried oregano leaves into dry mix. Proceed as recipe directs.

Thick-Crust Pizza: Prepare dough as directed in Step 1. Turn dough out onto well floured surface. With floured or greased hands, knead dough 5 minutes. Sprinkle additional flour over surface to reduce stickiness. Shape dough into a ball. Cover; let dough rest 10 minutes. Continue as directed in Steps 4-6.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Last edited:
Thank you so much, but this was way before we started selling our own crust mix.

Karen

Karen-

I have that recipe and I love it! (Got it not too long ago- started PC March 2005, and it came with my SS kit).

I unfortunately have to hunt thru the kitchen for it! It is just water and yeast and flour and salt and sugar- cheap and easy, and yummy!

I will try to post it later- but in case i get sidetracked, email me to remind!
[email protected]

My pizza crust recipe is simple...pretty much all I see are close to the same...

3 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 packet yeast
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c warm water

I generally mix the dry ingredients together and store them all in a baggie in the cabinet (I make a half dozen at a time...) and then add the oil and water when I want to make the dough. Use very warm water, though, when you have the yeast already mixed in the dough. Rise about a half hour til doubled, punch down, let rest 10 minutes, than bake at 400 about 25 minutes. Delish!

speedychef said:
My pizza crust recipe is simple...pretty much all I see are close to the same...

3 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 packet yeast
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c warm water

I generally mix the dry ingredients together and store them all in a baggie in the cabinet (I make a half dozen at a time...) and then add the oil and water when I want to make the dough. Use very warm water, though, when you have the yeast already mixed in the dough. Rise about a half hour til doubled, punch down, let rest 10 minutes, than bake at 400 about 25 minutes. Delish!

Kim-
I love making things from scratch so I have one question is the yeast packet active yeast or rapid rise??? I have both in my cabnit and this sounds like it would be quick and easy one night for dinner. LOL Kids love pizza.:D

Here is the recipe that came in the old product use and care cards. Works pretty good.

I always use the rapid rise yeast cuz that's what I have- I have a jar of it cuz we make a lot of pizza/calzones. I put the amt. of yeast in teaspoons also so you can use a jar or packets. (They printed it in teaspoons on the Spanish side, and luckily I can read enough Spanish for that!) We use it for deep dish too when in a hurry, but I find breadmaker dough that rises longer is slightly yummier for deep dish (or we have a great local pizza place you can buy dough-balls for cheap)

By the way- Smiths (Kroger) down here had crescent rolls and refridg. pizza crusts for $1 each today.

"Create-A-Pizza"
1 Tbs. cornmeal
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 package (1/4 oz) quick-rising dry yeast (Which is 2 1/2 teaspoons if you have a big container to use)
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. very warm water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle flat baking stone wiht cornmeal. Set aside. Combine flour, ywast, sugar, and slat in medium bowl. Add water and oil. Stir until mixture forms a ball.

Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (3-4 minutes). Cover. let rest 10 minutes.

Place dough in center of stone. Roll to within 1" from edge. Top with sauce, cheese, toppings.

Bake 16-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (Or if you like a deep dish pizza, use the deep dish baker, roll all the way to edges, top, and bake for 20-25 minutes).

Hmm...I think I usually use the quick-rise yeast because I'm impatient...but I think either is fine!

What are the ingredients for the Old Pizza Crust Recipe?

The ingredients for the Old Pizza Crust Recipe are:

• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (optional)

How long does it take to prepare and bake the Old Pizza Crust?

The total time to prepare and bake the Old Pizza Crust is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. This includes 15 minutes of prep time and 1 hour of rising and baking time.

Can I use a stand mixer to make the Old Pizza Crust dough?

Yes, you can use a stand mixer with a dough hook to make the Old Pizza Crust dough. Simply mix the ingredients together on low speed until a dough forms, then continue to knead on medium speed for 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.

Can I freeze the Old Pizza Crust dough?

Yes, you can freeze the Old Pizza Crust dough for up to 3 months. After the dough has risen, punch it down and shape it into a ball. Place it in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight before rolling it out and baking.

What toppings go well with the Old Pizza Crust?

The Old Pizza Crust pairs well with a variety of toppings, such as:

• Traditional tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese
  • Pepperoni and mushroom
  • BBQ chicken and red onion
  • Pesto and roasted vegetables
  • Buffalo chicken and blue cheese
Feel free to get creative and experiment with your favorite toppings!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CRuff
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • monicag
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom