• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Find Reliable Jobs That Fit My Kids' School Schedule?

I think it's the sub job listing, you can click on the link that says "sub required level." Then it will say what level of education you need.Nope, no teaching certificate, really just a high school diploma. You get paid more for a bachelor's degree (but I think it's only like an extra $10 in Hanover).
pamela
Due to circumstances beyond my control (not really...just too credit card happy in the past:blushing:), I need to have more income coming in than what PC is providing. I plan to up my show schedule, but we all know that I have to have help from other people to do that (mainly, willing hosts).

So my question to you all is: are there really reliable jobs out there that I can do while my kids are at school (don't want to incure daycare costs)? I was looking at transcription postings on-line, but I really don't know what they entail. Any suggestions????

chefmeg said:
transcription postings on-line

I'm not sure if this would be helpful or not... is the transcription thing a job or training for one? My friend just completed a year of in-home study for a transcription job and she can't get a job doing it anywhere it our metro area. :( Either can the friends that she did the training with (about 5 of them did it together to keep each other inspired).

Have you looked at part-time jobs on Craigslist? Usually they post the hours they are needing someone. HTH!

What about substitute teacher?

I work as a School Food Service Director and the district is always looking for Building Aides, Library Aides, Substitute Teachers and the less desirable jobs...food service followed by custodial work. The work is recession proof...there will always be children and they will always need to be educated.

ChefLisa said:
What about substitute teacher?

In Virginia, I would have to get my teaching license and that would take time & money I don't have!

chefmeg said:
In Virginia, I would have to get my teaching license and that would take time & money I don't have!

Yikes, here in Georgia you do not even need a college degree. I am not sure of other options.

chefmeg said:

Subs do not need a degree nor a license in VA. In my county you only need to have a HS diploma to sub,however in the next county you do need to have atleast an associates, but if you have a degree the pay is higher. Also, subs are needed for paraeducators and office work as well. And I know that they also need sub bus aides, sub cafeteria workers, etc......

I thought NY state was one of the toughest. To substitute teach here you need an associate's degree. Pay increases for a daily rate depending on if you have higher degrees.

I am pretty sure in Chesterfield I have to have my teaching certificate, Amy, but I will double check~I think subbing would be a great way to supplement PC!

chefmeg said:

No you don't...in Hanover (and I'm pretty sure Henrico and Chesterfield too), you just have to have a high school diploma. You should check on it. Not sure if the deadline has passed for this year yet or not, but it could definitely be something for the fall!

In OhioIn Ohio you have to have a bachlor's degree in any field. Not just an associate so the sub list gets big at graduation time then drops off right at the beginning of the year when these people get real jobs.

iteachurkid said:
No you don't...in Hanover (and I'm pretty sure Henrico and Chesterfield too), you just have to have a high school diploma. You should check on it. Not sure if the deadline has passed for this year yet or not, but it could definitely be something for the fall!

Do I have to have a teaching certificate? I have a Bachelor's degree~~where would I look into how this works?

chefmeg said:
Do I have to have a teaching certificate? I have a Bachelor's degree~~where would I look into how this works?
Go to your county's website. There should be instructions on how to apply on there. You can also call the school district.

or try your state department of educations website. You may or may not find the info their our's is hard to use. Do you have an Educational Service Center? They helped me before getting my license.

in CA you had to have a Bachelor's degree and pass the Basic Skills test. That was it.

chefmeg said:

Nope, no teaching certificate, really just a high school diploma. You get paid more for a bachelor's degree (but I think it's only like an extra $10 in Hanover). Check out the local websites. Some school districts really need subs. I know on Hanover's website (www.hcps.us) you look under job openings and then from there can download the subsitute packet. Good luck!! If you get in the county, let me know. When I'm out, I'll tell them I want you as my sub :) :)

Im not sure what it is like where you are, but here, they are always DESPERATE for School bus drivers! They pay top dollar and you can pretty much call the shots on what hours, days you will work.

What types of jobs are available at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of job opportunities in areas such as sales, marketing, customer service, supply chain, finance, and more. We also have both full-time and part-time positions available.

What qualifications do I need to have to work at Pampered Chef?

We look for individuals who are passionate about our products and our company, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and are motivated and driven to succeed. Depending on the specific job role, certain qualifications or experience may be required.

How can I apply for a job at Pampered Chef?

You can apply for a job at Pampered Chef by visiting our careers website and searching for current job openings. Once you have found a position that interests you, you can submit your application and resume online.

What is the hiring process like at Pampered Chef?

After submitting your application, our hiring team will review it and contact you for an interview if you are selected as a potential candidate. The interview process may include one or more rounds of interviews, depending on the position. We strive to make the process as efficient and transparent as possible.

Does Pampered Chef offer any employee benefits?

Yes, we offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off, product discounts, and more. We also have various employee recognition and development programs to support our team members' growth and success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Michelle Nab
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Michelle Nab
  • chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • frozenchef