• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Great Hot Crab Dip Recipe

In summary, the ingredients needed for a hot crab dip include lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Canned crab meat can be used, but fresh or frozen crab meat is recommended for better flavor and texture. The dip is best served warm or hot with crackers, bread, or vegetables. It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, then baked when ready to serve. A shredded cheese blend with cheddar and Monterey Jack is the best type of cheese to use for the dip.
SusanBP0129
I have leftover crabmeat from King Crab Legs and am looking for a great dip recipe to use tonight.
:D

Is the Crab rangoon dip hot from the current Season's Best?

The one I did was - and it is good!

Like REALLY good? Since I have "good" crabmeat, not canned I want it to be worth it. Know what I mean?

The Crab Rangoon dip is tasty, but I usually make it with "crab with a K," the fake stuff. There's garlic and sweet and sour sauce on it, so the delicate flavor of real crab would be lost.

That's what I figured....
Hmmmm.....
I'll have to check allrecipes.com

Made my own concoction:

About 1 cup crabmeat
8 oz cream cheese
3 TBSP mayo
1 TBSP swiss cheese
about 3 TBSP diced onion
1 garlic clove minced
2 small stalks celery diced
1 TBSP worchestershire
2 TBSP Red Hot
Dash of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, parsley, thyme & adobo

I think that's it.
My plan is to bake it in the small oval baker for about 25 minutes and serve it on toasted french bread.
i'll let you know how it comes out!

I'd like to taste test that for you just to make certain it's really good enough for your family okay???? :) Please???

hee hee hee
If you lived close, I'd invite you over!

Yea, really! I volunteer to be a taste tester! Don't want you eating anything that is not top quality! Lemme check it for you! :p

I was thinking to myself "why waste perfectly good crab meat that you could just eat for lunch warmed and dipped in butter?!?" :love: :love:

Garlic butter that is! YUM!

butter, garlic butter, plain shoveled into my mouth...no matter :p

Sounds GREAT! Enjoy!!

1. What are the ingredients needed for a hot crab dip?

The ingredients for a hot crab dip typically include: lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings such as Old Bay or garlic powder. Some recipes may also call for additional ingredients like sour cream or hot sauce.

2. Can I use canned crab meat for the hot crab dip?

Yes, canned crab meat can be used for hot crab dip. However, fresh or frozen crab meat will provide a better flavor and texture. If using canned crab meat, be sure to drain it well before adding it to the dip.

3. How should I serve the hot crab dip?

Hot crab dip is best served warm or hot, straight from the oven. It can be served with crackers, bread, or vegetables for dipping. Some people also like to serve it on top of toasted baguette slices.

4. Can I make the hot crab dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the hot crab dip ahead of time. Prepare the dip as directed, but do not bake it. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake the dip according to the recipe instructions.

5. What is the best type of cheese to use for hot crab dip?

The best type of cheese to use for hot crab dip is a shredded cheese blend that includes cheddar and Monterey Jack. This combination provides a creamy and flavorful base for the dip. You can also use just cheddar or just Monterey Jack if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • MomsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg