• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I be able to attend Leadership Summit without a second recruit?

In summary, PC is offering discounted airfare and free shuttle service to four other airports near Cincinnati. They are also offering free bus service from these airports to Leadership hotels. The tentative shuttle schedule is posted at the bottom of the email.
chefann
Gold Member
cross-posted in Leadership countdown thread (lounge)

This just in from HO via email:

Dear Future Director or Director,

We have heard that many of you are concerned about high airfares to Cincinnati for Leadership Summit in January. When Cincinnati was chosen for Leadership Summit 2008, the airfares were more reasonable than they have recently become. Because of this, we've researched our options and found four other airports within 80 miles of Cincinnati where you can book less expensive airfares. These airports are served by major airlines, and have the most convenient and economical rates. A list of these airlines at each airport appears at the end of this e-mail.

In order to make these airports more accessible for you, we are offering FREE bus service from these airports to Leadership hotels. The five airports and approximate travel times to Cincinnati are:

• Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, KY, 1/2 hour
  • Dayton International Airport, Dayton, OH, 1 1/2 hours
  • Blue Grass Airport, Lexington, KY, 2 hours
  • Louisville International Airport, Louisville, KY, 2 hours
  • Port Columbus International Airport, Columbus, OH, 2 1/2 hours

To help you finalize your travel plans, please refer to the tentative shuttle
schedule below. Final shuttle schedules will be posted on Consultant's Corner > Consultant and Leadership Training > Conferences > Leadership Summit at the end of December after registration closes. Look for more information in a future Weekly Bites.

ARRIVALS
Shuttles leave each airport:
Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2008
12 p.m.
2 p.m.
4 p.m.
6 p.m.
8 p.m.
10 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008
9 a.m.
11 a.m.

DEPARTURES
Shuttles leave the Convention Center:
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2008
1:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m.

Shuttles leave the Leadership Summit hotels:
Sunday, Jan. 13, 2008
5:30 a.m.
6:30 a.m.

To help us finalize the shuttle schedule, you?ll be asked to indicate on the
Leadership Summit online registration whether you plan to fly or drive. If you plan to fly, you will be asked to indicate which airport you will be traveling to and from, and your flight arrival and departure times. Please remember to take the shuttle travel time into account when making your plans. This can require an extra 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours travel time depending on the airport you use as mentioned above.

We are very excited about our company's plans for 2008, and we want you to be there at Leadership Summit to hear them! By offering the options of different airports and free shuttles to Leadership hotels, we want to make it both economical and easy for you to attend. We hope to see you in Cincinnati in January.

Best regards,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

Major airlines servicing the suggested airports are:

Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
  • American Airlines
  • Continental Airlines
  • Delta Airlines/Delta Connection
  • Northwest Airlines
  • United Airlines
  • USA 3000 Airlines
  • US Airways

Port Columbus International Airport
  • Air Canada Regional
  • American/American Eagle
  • Continental/Continental Express
  • Delta/Delta Connection
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Midwest Connect
  • Northwest/Northwest Airlink
  • Skybus Airlines
  • Southwest Airlines
  • United/United Express
  • US Airways/US Airways Express
  • USA 3000 Airways

Dayton International Airport
  • AirTran Airways
  • American/American Eagle
  • Comair
  • Continental/Continental Express
  • Delta Airlines
  • Frontier Airlines
  • Midwest Connect
  • United/United Express

Blue Grass Airport, Lexington, KY
  • American Eagle
  • Continental Express
  • Delta Airlines
  • Northwest Airlink
  • United Express
  • US Airways

Louisville International Airport
  • American Airlines
  • Continental Airlines
  • Delta
  • ExpressJet
  • Frontier
  • Midwest Airlines
  • Southwest Airlines
  • United Airlines/United Express

That's great news and very nice of them to do this for us!
I just wish Leadership wasn't up north during the snowy/icey season. :(

Carolyn, all the hotels are connected to the convention center by enclosed walkways. Once you're there, you won't need to leave the building.

What time does leadership start on the 10th of january

dannyzmom said:
That's great news and very nice of them to do this for us!
I just wish Leadership wasn't up north during the snowy/icey season. :(

Actually, I was thrilled because of lower airfare for me than all of the other destinations. Even though I have been with PC for 7 years and either an FD or Director for 6 of those years, I have never been to Leadership because of the $$.

We will all have to pull up our big girl panties...but please make sure they are gortex and maybe layer a couple pairs of panties!! We want to drive but the entire trip will be hugging all of the lakes up here and if you know what lake effect snow is, then that is something of concern (you will soil your big girl panties)! With these options, however, flying looks more possible. Thanks, Ann for the information.

Its only $198 right now to get into Louisville, KY from Tallahassee, FL! Not bad!!

Just keep telling yourself... "I'm only three blocks from Tiffany's!!!" And if it is warmer this winter like they are predicting (we had one of the hottest summers in a LONG time), there might not even be snow on the ground!

Just signed my 2nd recruit yesterday! Looks like I'm going to Cincinnati! :D

Woo-hoo! That's great, Sue!

Thanks Ann!
Did you book your flight yet?
The prices really are a bit high!
Also - do you know what hotels are offered?

If I go, I'll be driving. I'm in Detroit, so it's only a few hours. It'll take me LONGER to fly, once you add in security, check-in, etc. at the airport.

Someone had posted the hotels a month or so back. I remember one was the Westin, and one was the Millennium, I think. OH! And the Hyatt. They're all connected to the convention center via elevated walkway, and one is actually connected to the convention center. :) (So, even with no evidence otherwise, my theory is that there will be no shuttle buses other than the ones to and from the airports.)

Edited to add: I'm in a similar situation as last year, in that I've got 1 active recruit, and 1 who just went inactive. So depending on when HO makes the list of eligible consutlants, I may have to wait to register.

Last edited:
The cheapest I can find is $278. I probably won't be going this year. :cry: :cry:

Not me either because I am going to be spending those same days with my best friend as she gives birth!! She is pregnant with her first and I would not and will not miss it for anything. DH will get to spend 10 days being the lone parent.....a job I have done for up to 6 months at a time and will do for a YEAR all to soon!

But anyway....I will be loving on the newest member of our family and spending quality time with my BFF. I'll get Leadership next time...unless of course she is having another baby then!!LOL!!

My second recruit went inactive in August and is still inactive. I keep in contact with her hoping she will turn in some shows, but she seems to not care at the moment. So, unless I can get another recruit soon, I guess I won't be able to attend. Bummer!! I was really looking forward to attending.

What is Leadership Transportation Info?

Leadership Transportation Info is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help our consultants develop their leadership skills and grow their businesses.

How do I access Leadership Transportation Info?

Leadership Transportation Info can be accessed through our consultant website. Simply log in and click on the "Leadership Transportation Info" tab.

What types of resources are included in Leadership Transportation Info?

Leadership Transportation Info includes a variety of resources such as webinars, training videos, and articles on leadership and business development. It also offers networking opportunities with other consultants.

Is there a cost for using Leadership Transportation Info?

No, there is no additional cost for using Leadership Transportation Info. It is a free program available to all Pampered Chef consultants.

Can I participate in Leadership Transportation Info if I am not a Pampered Chef consultant?

Unfortunately, Leadership Transportation Info is only available to active Pampered Chef consultants. If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our consultant website for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Back