• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Layaway - to Do, or Not to Do? and How?

In summary, Sears is offering a layaway plan on some products this year. It is not clear how the layaway plan works, but it may offer some good deals.
c00p
Gold Member
So I looked back at some really old threads and was reading about doing a layaway plan - but typically only for large purchases in excess of $100. Since today's economy seems to be the hot item, and layaways are doing so good at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc., has anyone thought of or are you already doing some sort of layaway for anything not as big as $100??
I'm just wondering if this would help boost sales in the next few weeks if I were to offer out a layaway plan for sales of even $50+. Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, experiences?????

I wish our Walmart still had layaways. I loved that for Christmas presents! I have no advice on PC layaway just my thoughts on Walmart.

How would you do layaway? It could not count towards the hosts show...right? Would you not offer it at shows? I think it would get to confusing for me to keep straight. :) Sorry, I just asked more questions and didn't ans. any! Just don't understand how this works, I guess I should go read some old threads. lol

I'd think layaway would be a pretty dangerous thing to try. Way too much book work and how about people not totally paying, etc? It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. To say nothing about possibly being stuck with merchandise.

Well my thoughts were (if I were to offer it) that I obviously wouldn't order anything for them until I had full payment. And, if I gave them a deadline (say to have it back in time for Christmas) then I could submit 1 show with a bunch of "layaway" orders on it.

seems like it would work if you are willing to make it work, and it doesnt have to be too much bookwork for you. Just get an envelope keep cash in it, when there is enough cash to fulfil the order, then do it. If you get enough for host benefits, then save them up and get yourself a xmas present or two too! I think it's a wonderful idea. I would get one of those carbon copy reciept books and give them a reciept with their total due, then a deadline of payments. I'd also draw up some paperwork that tells them dates due, when order will be placed (for xmas). But if they don't make it by then, give them the choice, their money back, or keep on saving up for it. I don't see how it would work for a show though.

If they want something at the show but can not afford, we might suggest to them to buy gift certificates in the amount they can afford at the time, then once they have enough they can order what they want through HO! They count for show numbers dont they?

For me, it would be a headache! My thats JMHO!

I'd get them to host a show and get their items free or discounted.

c00p said:
Well my thoughts were (if I were to offer it) that I obviously wouldn't order anything for them until I had full payment. And, if I gave them a deadline (say to have it back in time for Christmas) then I could submit 1 show with a bunch of "layaway" orders on it.

I think this would work, As long as you can keep it all straight.

Good Luck

OT - I got a email from Sears, they are offering Layway on some products this year.

Related to Layaway - to Do, or Not to Do? and How?

What is layaway and how does it work?

Layaway is a payment plan that allows customers to reserve an item and pay for it in installments over a set period of time. The customer pays a deposit upfront and then makes regular payments until the balance is paid off. Once the final payment is made, the customer can take the item home.

What are the benefits of using layaway?

Using layaway allows customers to reserve an item without having to pay for it in full upfront. This can be helpful for those on a budget or for expensive items. Layaway also allows customers to avoid interest charges and the need for a credit check. Additionally, the item is held for the customer so they don't have to worry about it selling out.

Are there any drawbacks to using layaway?

One potential drawback of layaway is that if the customer is unable to make the full payments, they may lose their deposit and the item. There may also be fees associated with using layaway, such as a service fee or cancellation fee. It's important for customers to fully understand the terms and conditions before using layaway.

How do I set up a layaway plan with Pampered Chef?

To set up a layaway plan with Pampered Chef, simply speak to a consultant during a party or contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with selecting your items, setting up a payment plan, and answering any questions you may have.

Can I use layaway for online purchases?

At this time, Pampered Chef does not offer layaway for online purchases. Layaway is only available through a consultant or our customer service team. However, you can still browse and select items online and then contact a consultant to set up a layaway plan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Laurenncraigory
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chelynn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies