• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lasagna Recipe Search: Find the Perfect Dish!

In a nutshell, you will need:Lasagna noodlesSpaghetti sauceRicotta cheeseMozzarella cheeseParmesan cheeseEggMeat (if desired)Possibly onions and fresh garlic depending on your personal preferences. You will also need:Olive oilGarlicCarrotsZucchiniMushroomsDried thymeGround black pepperItalian-seasoned diced tomatoesPart-skim ricotta cheeseEggAlfredo sauceMilkShredded mozzarella cheese
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I have a hostess who wants me to make a lasagna....I'm looking for a recipe for this...anyone have one? Or know where I can find one?

On the back of the lasagna box. I'm so not being a smarta**! That's the recipe I use!
In a nutshell, you'll need:
Lasagna noodles
Spaghetti sauce
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Egg
Meat (if desired)
Possibly onions and fresh garlic depending on your personal preferences.
But that is pretty much the extent of lasagna. :)

In the stoneware inspirations cookbook there is a lasgna rollup recipe which isw pretty good I would give you the recipe but I have no clue where my cookbook went

I cook the ground beef with onions and garlic. Then mix it with mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese and chopped tomatoes.

I start with a tablespoon or two of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the stone then layer UNCOOKED lasagna pasta (just the regular kind), the meat mixture and spaghetti sauce. Usually about 4 layers ending with the pasta and then sauce. I top it with some parmesan cheese and I pour 1 cup of water around the edges of the pan and seal with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and then take foil off and bake 15 minutes more.

Always turns out perfect and is quick to put together.

chefjenibel said:
On the back of the lasagna box. I'm so not being a smarta**! That's the recipe I use!
In a nutshell, you'll need:
Lasagna noodles
Spaghetti sauce
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Egg
Meat (if desired)
Possibly onions and fresh garlic depending on your personal preferences.
But that is pretty much the extent of lasagna. :)

This is exactly what I do, too - LOL

I do the sameI usually make the box recipe too but just add or take away what my family likes or does not like.

Here are some Pc recipes:

The Easiest Kid-Pleasin' Lasagna Ever

Makes 12 servings

1 jar (26-28 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1/2 c. water
1 oz. fresh parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 c.)
1/4 c. snipped fresh parsley
1 egg
1 carton (15 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
10 uncooked lasagna noodles
3 c. (12 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In Classic 2-Qt. Batter Bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, undrained tomatoes and water with Mix 'N Scraper and set aside.

Using Deluxe Cheese Grated fitted w/fine grating drum, grate Parmesan cheese. Place parsley in a small, deep bowl and snip using shears.

In 1-Qt. Bat. Bowl, mix egg w/10" whisk. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley and mix well w/scraper.

To assemble lasagna, spread 1 1/2 c. of the sauce over bottom of 9x13 baker.

Arrange 5 of the uncooked noodles in single layer over sauce by placing 4 noodles lengthwise and 1 noodle crosswise to cover bottom of baker. (Break off and discard ends of noodles, if necesary, so that noodles will fit flat in the baker.) Press noodles into sauce.

Spread all of the ricotta cheese mixture over noodles using all-purpose spreader. Sprinkle w/half (1 1/2 c.) of the mozzarella cheese.

Top w/ 1 1/2 c. of the sauce and remaining 5 uncooked noodles, breaking noodles to fit. Press noodles into sauce. Spread the remaining sauce over noodles. Cover baker with aluminum foil. (At this point, lasagna can be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.)

Adult help: Bake 45 min (55 min if lasagna was refrigerated) or until noodles are tender. Using oven mitts, remove baker to trivet. Uncover carefully and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 min. Cut into squares.

Lasagna Primavera

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
2 cups sliced zucchini
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, drained
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
3/4 cup milk
10 uncooked lasagna noodles
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large (12-in.) skillet over medium heat. Press garlic into oil using Garlic Press. Add carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, thyme and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add tomatoes; set aside. In large bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well and set aside. In small bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and milk; mix well.

To assemble lasagna, spread 3/4 cup of the Alfredo sauce mixture over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with half of the uncooked noodles in single layer (place four noodles lengthwise and one noodle crosswise, breaking noodles to fit), pressing noodles into sauce. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with 3/4 cup sauce. After layering, pour remaining sauce over top of lasagna. Cover baker with aluminum foil. Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes.

Yield: 10 servings

And on page 35 of the Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook there is a recipe fpr Inside out Lasagna made with bow tie pasta. It looks good.

Debbie :D

Related to Lasagna Recipe Search: Find the Perfect Dish!

1. What are the ingredients needed for a traditional lasagna recipe?

The typical ingredients for a traditional lasagna recipe include lasagna noodles, ground beef or Italian sausage, marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, and seasonings such as garlic, salt, and pepper.

2. Can I substitute the meat in a lasagna recipe with a vegetarian option?

Yes, absolutely! You can substitute the ground beef or Italian sausage with a vegetarian option such as cooked lentils, diced vegetables, or meatless crumbles. You can also omit the meat altogether and add in extra vegetables for a delicious vegetarian lasagna.

3. How do I make a gluten-free lasagna?

To make a gluten-free lasagna, you can use gluten-free lasagna noodles or substitute them with thinly sliced zucchini or eggplant. You can also make a crustless lasagna by layering the ingredients in a casserole dish without using any noodles.

4. How can I make a healthier version of lasagna?

To make a healthier lasagna, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free noodles, lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef, and low-fat or part-skim cheeses. You can also add in extra vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers for added nutrients.

5. Can I make lasagna ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, lasagna is a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze for later. After assembling the lasagna, cover it with aluminum foil and freeze it for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake according to the original recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
barbara_anne
  • SChristie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies