• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lap Boards: The Pros, Cons & Alternatives

...the stickers off ebay (part of a consultant kit - got a roll for less than $1) and it didn't take very long. So, they are about $0.50 each instead of $2.50 - or factor in time to be $0.75 each. I actually have 24 white ones made up - with a clear back to put the Host specials or anything else I want in them. The only thing I want to buy now is the pocket on the front to stick my business card in.Does anyone have a website they recommend?
melindag said:
I splurged back in December and got the lapboard from Merrill (Merry Christmas to me! :D ) I LOVE THEM! I used to use homemade ones, and while that met my need at the time, these just look so nice.

Melinda

Melinda,

I don't think this question was ever answered (or perhaps it came up on a similar thread), do the order forms fit in the lapboards? At one point someone made it seem that neither the write-in or the itemized forms will fit. I use the itemized form so I'm particulary interested in knowing about how it will work.

I have been using the "homemade" ones for well over a year (maybe even two) and I'd love to update to something more attractive with all the bells (pen loop and business card holder) and whistles.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
The write in ones will fit if you take the wish list off the back.

tashayoung said:
The write in ones will fit if you take the wish list off the back.

But what about the itemized?

I don't use the itemized forms, so I don't know, but I would think they would need to be folded. When I do use the write in forms, I just fold it and tuck it in the catalog. Mostly I use a home version

Melinda

The itemized forms fit.

Chef Kearns said:
The itemized forms fit.

Chef Kearns,

Thanks for your detective work! I may get these afterall.

Jeanine

Chef Kearns ~ I too thank you for that info... I was second guessing myself on if I should order these after reading that the order forms may not fit, but I think once I get a commission check, they are mine :)

GourmetGirl said:
I love the idea of taping spoons to my pens and keeping them in a crock (won't do the forks... too pointy... i can see me stabbing myself!) My director made me some pen flags that Nancy's used to have, but they still went missing, so I think I may hit up the Goodwill this weekend...

Also, I am so on the verge of splurging at Merrill and getting a dozen lapboards! We'll see how my shows go tonight and Sun and if I hit my $15,000 (I need $700 more!!!) I may have to go ahead and get them!
They have the pen flags at www.thebooster.com if you want more. I think you can search for Pen Pals and it will pull them up!

Thanks Gillian! Actually, I earned 2 sheets of them at my meeting on Monday... yay having picks from the goodie basket!

Awesome! I just ordered the PC pens from Merrill, so I thought I would flag them too just in case. I just can't decide which "saying" I like best...

I like the "like what you see, but your wallet says no, collect 6 orders and call it a show" that one is catchy... they also have the one that has 4 different sayings, that's what i probably would have done if I didn't just get some :)

I really like that one, and I also saw another one that had booking and recruiting sayings on the same pen but I can't remember what it said now.

Do you think you will get people with 6 small orders thinking it will qualify as a show??

I think that the saying would be enough to intrique them and then you could tell them a bit more about it when they are checking out... I just think it is catchy.

Okay....Ok I got my lapboards today!! I am so excited!! AND I have a show March 10, so I will get to use them soon!! They look so professional!! I cannot wait to get them loaded up and ready to go!!

hoosierchef said:
Ok, so here is another question for those of you who make your own. Do you use any type of clip to keep the catalogs in place until you hand them out?? I was looking at the lapboards from http://www.expressyourselfonline.com/ . I kind of like the pocket and the pen holder on theirs.

I bought the ones from Express Yourself Online. I love them and they were cheaper than Merrill. I got the black ones. A friend of mine borrowed them for one of her shows and ordered the red ones for herself. I think you can also get them in green and blue. I also received two pages of stickers for free due to the monthly promo they had.

Brigitte said:
I bought the ones from Express Yourself Online. I love them and they were cheaper than Merrill. I got the black ones. A friend of mine borrowed them for one of her shows and ordered the red ones for herself. I think you can also get them in green and blue. I also received two pages of stickers for free due to the monthly promo they had.

Yep I got those exact ones too! Everyone was impressed at my first show. I'm excited to dig them out for my show tonight. I loved the stickers they sent too......

I put my label on one corner at the top and a sticker that says, "If the checkbook is low, then book a show!" on the other!!

I really liked the idea of the black lapboards as hopefully they will hide marks/dirt.

gilliandanielle said:
I really like that one, and I also saw another one that had booking and recruiting sayings on the same pen but I can't remember what it said now.

Do you think you will get people with 6 small orders thinking it will qualify as a show??

The quote about 6 orders is an old one - it dates back to the old points system, when a qualifying show was 5 orders (plus the host = 6 orders) OR $150...when we went to the Free Product $$, it changed to just $150 to qualify as a show. I think it might be a bit deceptive to tell people if they collect 6 orders it's a show...and I think one reason they changed it is because people were manipulating the system (NO!:eek: ) to call orders a show.

Seriously? You don't think that you can find 6 orders to total $150? See, there's my snottiness coming out again...I feel like that should NOT be a challenge...

My show last night, was $134 in sales (before shipping & tax...there were 6 orders!!, YIKES) THANKFULLY she is pushing some catty's around & closing the show Friday...she says she has 7-9 people wanting to order.

I did the decorate your banana, FUN, FUN, FUN! I knew this show wasnt going to be a HUGE sales show, so thats why I went ahead & tried something new w/ the theme, got an email from a guest today saying she had been to 3 PC shows lately, & had a blast at mine :p :p Most of my guests just didnt have a lot of cashola :)

ChefBeckyD said:
The quote about 6 orders is an old one - it dates back to the old points system, when a qualifying show was 5 orders (plus the host = 6 orders) OR $150...when we went to the Free Product $$, it changed to just $150 to qualify as a show. I think it might be a bit deceptive to tell people if they collect 6 orders it's a show.

That's why I got rid of these stickers once we made the change. It would seem that 6 orders should be $150 but if it's not, you're going to have some angry hosts on your hands.

BTW, I now know that the Merrill lapboards will fit the 3-ply itemized forms. Will the Express Yourself boards hold them without problems? I think those boards may be priced better.

Thanks for your help!

I use homemade lapboards & maybe someday will use Merrill's to look a little more professional.

On a side note, I still put on every catalog a sticker that says collect 6 orders and get something free. It does not say it will be a show so if I ever have someone come to me with 6 orders that does not qualify as a show then they will get something free from me like a Season's Best. If anyone comes up with a new catchy sticker for that type of idea, I would love to see it.

Thanks

chefjeanine said:
BTW, I now know that the Merrill lapboards will fit the 3-ply itemized forms. Will the Express Yourself boards hold them without problems? I think those boards may be priced better.

Thanks for your help!

I have had to Fold the receipt over on the perferation (sp?) but that hasn't caused any problems for me yet! Everyone has been really impressed by them too!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stfenyo
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Toni Monsen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • bunksc