• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchenaid 5 Qt Artisan Mixer on Sale at Kohl's!

In summary, Just ran up to my local Kohl's since I've been really wanting a stand mixer...they are on sale for $299.99 instead of $399.99. There is a $30 rebate and I had a 30% off coupon...and then I got $40 in Kohl's cash!
minirottie
Just ran up to my local Kohl's since I've been really wanting a stand mixer...they are on sale for $299.99 instead of $399.99. There is a $30 rebate and I had a 30% off coupon...and then I got $40 in Kohl's cash!

They offer free shipping on orders over $75, but there is a $7.50 shipping surcharge on this because of the weight

So if you want one..now is the time :)

I want one, but where did you get the 30% off coupon? Is that for everyone or do you have to be a card holder? I've been wanting one forever!!

Macy's has it for $299 with the $30 rebate, too. They have free shipping, with an online 10% coupon for this weekend. I'm signed up for Macy's "Thanks for sharing" program they have every year, too.

What color did you get???? Also did you get any attachment with the $40 Kohl's cash?

I have been thinking about getting one of these, too, because every time I make cookies I realize my $20 hand mixer's motor really isn't strong enough. Maybe I could just get a stronger hand mixer?

The 30% off is for Kohl's charge members..I get those annoying mailings EVERY week it feels like and this one I kept and it came in handy! If you have a Kohl's card but don't have the mailer with your possible 15, 20 or 30% off, then you can use the code FALLSAVINGS for 20% off.I bought Empire Red....my kitchen has black counters, brown walls, brown tile floors/backsplash and I thought this would be fun.The Kohl's cash can't be used until after their sale ends on 9/21 so I'm not sure what I'll use it on.

:love::love::love::love::love: My kitchen aid!!

LOL, choosing a color is another reason I have never picked on out. My kitchen has blond wood cabinets. The tile countertops are white & 2 shades of blue. What little walls that exist are pale yellow, more like a stripe around the windows, doors & cabinets.

So....red would go smashingly in my kitchen too! For a patriotic look.
So would cobalt (match the dark blue in tile countertops)
cornflower (match the light blue)
buttercup (match the pale yellow)
tangerine (for contrast pop against the blue & white)
white (a bit boring though if I ever move or redecorate I'm sure it will go with anything)

What are you going to make first????

ShellBeach said:
LOL, choosing a color is another reason I have never picked on out. My kitchen has blond wood cabinets. The tile countertops are white & 2 shades of blue. What little walls that exist are pale yellow, more like a stripe around the windows, doors & cabinets.

So....red would go smashingly in my kitchen too! For a patriotic look.
So would cobalt (match the dark blue in tile countertops)
cornflower (match the light blue)
buttercup (match the pale yellow)
tangerine (for contrast pop against the blue & white)
white (a bit boring though if I ever move or redecorate I'm sure it will go with anything)

What are you going to make first????

You could always do this: Un Amore Custom Designs specializes in Custom Painted KitchenAid Mixers, Guitar Cases, Skate Decks, Invitations, Design, Fine Art, Airbrushed KitchenAid Mixers, & more!

Noora, she does beautiful work, BUT did you check out those prices???!! Holy Cow!

I bought mine at Costco. I got the red one...love that color and goes perfect in my kitchen. Costco price is $269 includes $30 off you get there at the store. Plus they also have a mail-in rebate for $30 that you can send in the mail. They have 4 different colors. Red, Black, White and Silver.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11590351&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|28485|28507&N=4009928&Mo=3&pos=3&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=28507&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC21898-Cat28485&topnav=

OK - but how much does a Costco membership cost? If it's more than $30 then it's a wash between $299 vs $269.:balloon: Yeah, yeah, I know - if you already belong, then it's all gravy.

Wow. I could go for that metallic leopard cuisnart! Way cool! I didn't bother to check the prices cuz her work is fantastic and she SHOULD charge accordingly :thumbup:

Chef Kearns said:
Noora, she does beautiful work, BUT did you check out those prices???!! Holy Cow!

Yes, cheap they are not. :D

ilovpc said:
I bought mine at Costco. I got the red one...love that color and goes perfect in my kitchen. Costco price is $269 includes $30 off you get there at the store. Plus they also have a mail-in rebate for $30 that you can send in the mail. They have 4 different colors. Red, Black, White and Silver.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11590351&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|28485|28507&N=4009928&Mo=3&pos=3&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=28507&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC21898-Cat28485&topnav=

I have this one in white. I went for it because of the 575-Watt motor. Can handle a stiffer bread dough.

I have been waiting for it to be the TSV again on QVC but this offer sounds great. I got the 30% off coupon and love Kohl's Cash only prob is the color i have been wanting is not one of them shown. They always have "Gloss Cinnamon" and just b/c I'd go for it now...not the right color. :(

Buttercup always looks 'fun' but i'm so matchy matchy. I have a tuscan colored kitchen with deep reds (not candy apple), olive and gold.

I see today is the last day for the rebate so don't snooze or you'll lose if you're interested!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchenaid!!! this is my 2nd one....the first one is still going strong...my daughter has it now....was bought in the mid '80s!!! i have the 6qt heavy duty one now...in the polished nickel...love it!!!!! especially when doing my wedding cakes!!!!

I waited and bought my Kitchenaid the same way you did at Kohl's! I bought silver (looks expensive) and we love it!!!!

ilovpc said:

I don't know why I didn't think to check Costco while pricing them, though in the end (subtracting the $40 Kohl's cash from purchase price), I'm paying roughly $150 for mine...which is a heck of a deal so I can't complain, but wow a 575 motor vs the 325 I'm getting...that's a BIG difference!!!

As to the rebate, you have until the 24th to purchase one so all is not lost to get that from KA!

That's good to know, that you would have gone for the larger motor. I have wondered about that. My hand mixer is around 220W and can't handle thick cookie dough. Sunbeam mixers are 350W like the Kitchenaid Artisan, and less expensive.

Another thing I wondered, the Kitchenaid attachments look really fun but do you guys have & use them? Or do they gather dust?

I almost bought a Kitchenaid when I worked at Macy's last Christmas season. 20% employee discount, and then they have days where all employees get an extra 10% and can use all the coupons and sale prices and stuff.

I put the leopard custom one on my pinterest board :cool:

The 4.5 qt KA has a 275 watt motor and while a nice 575 would be good (thinking less chance for burnout), I've talked to so many people who still have their original ones with the lower wattage and running fine. FWIW, I just got a new Cuisinart last year after the motor on mine finally went. That one was my mom's first one from 1977 :eek:

I'm going to test out bread first this weekend I think. I love my bread maker, but I wanted to try doing baguettes, and thought this would help me mix it up

I don't know how much she paid for it. But I know that my BFF and her mom got me a kitchenaid mixer as a wedding gift. I will get it in a few weeks but my bff got a 30% off so that is when she went for it..LOL

I have to agree - love, love, love my 2 Kitchen Aid Mixers! Yes I have 2 and yes I use both - especially during the holidays. They're great for that first dough kneading for bread, rolls or kolaches. The white one is a 325-watt (I think) & then my newer Red one is 575 or 600-watts. I have limited kitchen space, so the older white one stays in the closet til I need it and the bright red one stays on the countertop. Did I mention I LOVE THEM?

They do have that mid-century design aesthetic going for them!

Nobody has any of the attachments? Yikes, after a gander at some of them, I see the ravioli attachment is $220!

How about the tilt head feature? The artisan model doesn't have the tilt-head feature unless you pay another $100.

ShellBeach said:
They do have that mid-century design aesthetic going for them!

Nobody has any of the attachments? Yikes, after a gander at some of them, I see the ravioli attachment is $220!

How about the tilt head feature? The artisan model doesn't have the tilt-head feature unless you pay another $100.

Mine does have the tilt head

Wow..I had no idea how much the attachments cost! I was thinking the pasta ones might be a nice thing to try fresh pasta....Maybe I should buy now with the 30% off!!

KitchenAid is the best. I got one 4 years ago as a Christmas present and I love it for bread. I attached a bread recipe that is specifically for the KitchenAid. And it is so fast you can start a loaf at 3:30 or 4 p.m. and have it for dinner!
chefa - can you post you kolaches dough recipe? I have yet to find one that I like and that is easy so maybe your is different.

Attachments

• Bread.doc
    6.1 KB · Views: 345
Thanks for the recipe John!! Quick is what I need most times (part of why I bought this since if I don't have bread in my bread maker by 3 it won't be ready for dinner!

John, will post recipe when I get home. Too much typing for one-finger typing on iPhone!

Grand Champion Kolache recipe

The recipe calls for combining 2 cups milk w/1/2 c. Crisco, 1 tsp. salt
and 1/3 cup sugar and bringing to a boil. Let it cool down to lukewarm.
Meantime, add 2 pkts. active dry yeast to 1/2 cup very warm water (should
feel very warm on your wrist). Beat 2 whole eggs and set aside.

Gently whisk in the beaten eggs to the lukewarm milk mixture. Next whisk
in the yeast mixture til well combined. Add 6 cups sifted all-purpose
flour. If dough is too sticky, add up to 1 more cup flour. Pour dough
out onto a floured surface and knead 5-7 minutes (no more, no less). Put
dough in a buttered bowl, turning to coat, cover with a towel and set in a
warm place to rise for 1 hour.

Punch down dough and knead again 5-7 minutes. Let rise again for 1 hour.
Pour dough out onto floured surface and roll to 1/2 - 3/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 2" rounds with biscuit cutter. Place on greased jellyroll pan and
gently make center indentions with your fingers. Cover and let rise in a
warm place for 15 minutes. Fill and bake 10-13 minutes, or until golden
on top. Immediately baste with butter (not margarine) when removed from
oven. Let cool. Makes about 3.5 dozen. This recipe usually turns out no
matter what the weather or what the temp inside your home.

It usually takes about 4 hours to make 2 batches (6 doz.) but it's EASY and the results are yummy.

Do you need filling recipes too?

My mom has my recipe right now but I think there are a few on there. I know I have an apricot and raspberry so.. BUT THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. And I think the recipe is different in that I think mine has one packet of yeast. (We always thought grandma changed recipes when she was asked to write them down. She had them memorized so she did not need the written ones. But we think she did it so she would always be the best baker. The problem is we never found the originals.) BIG HUG! I can't wait to try this!

I just got the whole wheat version of the bread recipe! And according to the person who sent me these, do not substitute the flour or remove the gluten or you will end up with a brick! I saw the loaf that was made and it was as high as the white loaf so you know what you are aiming for.

Attachments

• Wheat Bread.doc
    6.8 KB · Views: 355
Thanks for the whole wheat one...we're trying to cut back n bread and carbs, etc...so at least we can "feel" better by eating whole wheat vs. white! :DI tried this one today and it was good. I didn't cook as long as I needed. I followed directions but my oven takes longer to cook things. I am doing a family party on Monday where I'm making lasagna and was looking for an italian/french style crusty breadCrusty French Bread
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5 -5 1/2 cups bread flourDirections:Dissolve yeast in warm water (110 degrees) and sugar in large bowl; allow yeast to proof or foam (about 10 minutes).
Add salt, oil, and 3 cups flour; beat for 2 minutes.
Stir in 2 cups flour to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
Place in oiled bowl, turn dough to coat all sides, cover and let rise until doubled.
Punch down and divide in half.
Shape dough into two long slender loaves.
Grease and sprinkle with cornmeal either a french bread pan or large cookie sheet.
Place loaves in pan and cut diagonal gashes on top of each loaf (I use scissors).
Cover and let rise until doubled.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.Note: You can sprinkle or spray water on the loaves during baking if you want a really crunchy crust.Read more: Crusty French Bread Recipe - Food.com - 101476

Last edited:
I'm on my 2nd kitchenaid in 24 years I burnt my first one out at about 12 years.
I bought the new mixing blade a few years ago that has rubber edges and scrapes the bowl they are about $25 I LOVE it!!

Kristen and Teresa thanks! Teresa you reminded me that I have never gone out to the KitchenAid site to see what attachments they do offer and a self scraping blade, well, that is ingenuous! Thanks! I can not wait to try the French Bread Kristen!

I actually bought mine at La Gourmet chef, ruined the first one hand wash it!!
I LOVE it though it is great because you dont have to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides it is on the beater blade

FYI...I realized what I thought was my screw up in cut/paste actually eliminated a possibly critical part of the above recipe. I edited it now! Turns out you're supposed to let them rise a second time in the pan...which I didn't do :) But they turned out okay, but might explain why they're a bit dense...but moist and flavorful!!

ShellBeach said:
Maybe I could just get a stronger hand mixer?

My Kitchen Aid is probably THE one item in my kitchen I would NEVER want to be without! Buy one if you can. You will never regret it and wonder why you didn't sooner! Your hand mixer will collect dust.

I was tempted, very tempted, to buy one of these mixers afte reading the raves aboutthe scraping blade. I will have to save up though.

One thing I don't like about Kohl's is their regular and even sale prices are often higher than Kmart, Target, and even Macy's. For example, they will mark up a set of Oxo Pop Containers to $65.99, put them on sale for $59.39, when they are everyday priced $50 at KMart, Target and Macy's. My cousin just bought a bunch of dishes and towels and really overpaid for them...but I digress.

minirotti, that did look like a really good deal. I hope another sale + rebate comes around in about a month, when I will have my October commission check burning a hole in my pocket!

I have to say I'm loving my mixer..I have had events for the rescue I work with and between it and my PC mini loaf pan, I've been working them hard! Lots of banana bread, plus chocolate chip cookies and then regular bread I've tried. I may turn into a good baker yet :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies