• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Kitchen Tips: Potatoes, Bananas, and Eggs - Oh My! (Videos)

In summary, some basic kitchen safety tips include using oven mitts, keeping sharp objects out of reach, using caution with hot liquids, and maintaining a clean work area. To properly chop vegetables, start by washing and drying them, using a sharp knife and stable cutting board, and using a rocking motion. To clean and maintain knives, hand wash and dry them, use a honing rod and sharpen them regularly, and store them properly. Tough stains on cookware can be removed with a paste of baking soda and water or by boiling water and vinegar. When organizing a kitchen, declutter, use dividers and organizers, group similar items together, label containers, and reassess regularly.
esavvymom
Staff member
Potatoes, Bananas, and eggs - OH MY! ;)

http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/2009/07/do_you_know_the_right_way_to_p.php

Haven't tried them yet, but heck, why not! I can see the potato trick working- since it's alot like blanching tomatoes, peaches, etc.

Hmmmm....I'm gonna have to try the egg trick....looks like fun! My son and daughter will get a kick out of it! lol

Thanks!

WOW! Boiling potatoes, takes all the good stuff out of them if you peel them first, so that potato trick will be used from now on at my house! Thanks so much for finding this!:thumbup:

They all look very cool, but I'm thinking we don't want to share the potato one with our customers, they might stop buying our peelers!

I wouldn't worry too much about them not wanting to buy peelers due to watching that because people still need to peel carrots and cucumbers and such. :D By sharing tips with them, they start to value our knowledge and will come for more ideas and such. (Plus, there's lots more stuff in the catalog to sell...I don't think I've sold a single peeler yet!) :D

babywings76 said:
I wouldn't worry too much about them not wanting to buy peelers due to watching that because people still need to peel carrots and cucumbers and such. :D By sharing tips with them, they start to value our knowledge and will come for more ideas and such. (Plus, there's lots more stuff in the catalog to sell...I don't think I've sold a single peeler yet!) :D

Yep, that's all true, I was kind of just joking, because like you said, there are many other things to peel then potatoes!:balloon:

What are some basic kitchen safety tips?

Always use oven mitts when handling hot dishes or cookware. Keep knives and other sharp objects out of reach of children. Use caution when handling hot liquids and always use pot holders when handling hot pots and pans. Keep your work area clean and organized to prevent accidents.

How do I properly chop vegetables?

Start by washing and drying your vegetables. Use a sharp knife and a stable cutting board. Hold the vegetable with your non-dominant hand and use your dominant hand to guide the knife, keeping your fingers curled under for safety. Use a rocking motion to chop the vegetables into desired sizes.

What is the best way to clean and maintain my knives?

Always hand wash your knives with warm, soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid putting them in the dishwasher as it can dull the blades. Use a honing rod to realign the blade before each use and sharpen them every 6-12 months depending on usage. Store knives in a knife block or on a magnetic strip to prevent damage.

How can I remove tough stains from my cookware?

Create a paste using baking soda and water and apply it to the stained area. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. For tougher stains, boil water and vinegar in the pot or pan for a few minutes before scrubbing. Avoid using steel wool or harsh chemicals on non-stick cookware.

What is the best way to organize my kitchen?

Start by decluttering and getting rid of any unused or unnecessary items. Use drawer dividers and cabinet organizers to maximize space. Group similar items together and keep frequently used items within easy reach. Label containers and shelves to help you stay organized. Regularly reassess your organization system to make improvements as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies