• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Diva Update: Kacey's Hospital Stay and Possible Appendix Removal

In summary, Kacey's MDs office is attached to the hospital, she has a CT scan scheduled for 2:20pm, and the MDs that are working on her case feel that it is very possible that she has an appendix. They are waiting to hear back from the lab before making a decision. Kacey is resting comfortably and is keeping her spirits high. Katie, thanks for the update.
cwinter474 said:
I would still try one of the radio stations.... couldn't hurt

I found a friend who can go and she's super excited!!!... holy cow- those tickets were $120.00 a piece! Now I REALLY feel like crap for feeling like crap so I can't go- poor DH... that was so sweet of him to get me those tickets... $$$ wasted. :(

Is your husband going with your friend? Or is she just taking the tickets? Does he like Neil Diamond or was he really doing this just for you?

From the other thread, I have to say that there is a Whole Foods in St. Paul (where Neil Diamond is performing tonight). But I'll cut you some slack and say maybe you live an hour or so from the big city. Anyway, here's the Cascade Fresh store location list for MN: http://www.cascadefresh.com/locations/MN.htm

Per it's website, it has "the highest number of beneficial Acidophilus cultures of any yogurt available." So when DH comes back home, if he is still grumpy, send him out to your closest store on the list. He can go do something to help you feel better and maybe that will help his mood.

No- DH doesn't like Neil Diamond- but he knows how much I love him and have pleasant childhood memories surrounding the song Forever in Blue jeans...

I live about 15 minutes from St. Paul- so I'll cehck it out, thanks for looking that up for me! I stay away from St. Paul because normally those stores are in the scary-crime ridden portions of our fine state...

My friend is going to take one of her friends. DH has a rule that he doesn't do anything with other women, and I don't do anything with other men. If I have to go out on business with a male co-worker, I ask for a different flight and different hotel, or I'll ask if another co-worker can come with. I may be married to Grumpy-Stilskin but he's my grump and we are fierce about guarding our marriage.

I'll look into going to the Whole Foods next weekend.

Thanks again!!

Kitchen Diva said:
My friend is going to take one of her friends. DH has a rule that he doesn't do anything with other women, and I don't do anything with other men. If I have to go out on business with a male co-worker, I ask for a different flight and different hotel, or I'll ask if another co-worker can come with. I may be married to Grumpy-Stilskin but he's my grump and we are fierce about guarding our marriage.

Hey, in this regard, I do think that it is better to be overly cautious than to give the devil a foothold. Our Sunday School teacher has even encouraged our class to CC the wife if we ever need to email the husband, just to avoid the appearance of evil and to keep everything above board. My hubby isn't quite that protective, but then, he doesn't check his email either; I do! I've stayed in different places on business trips but am still allowed to have dinner with male co-workers. But I also go on about 1 business trip a year, so it isn't a frequent thing.

Hello Again, (yes my favorite song from Jazz Singer)

So sorry you are going to miss Neil tonight. Not sure who I'm more sorry for though, he doesn't know what he is missing by you not being there!

aPamperedBride said:
Is your husband going with your friend? Or is she just taking the tickets? Does he like Neil Diamond or was he really doing this just for you?

From the other thread, I have to say that there is a Whole Foods in St. Paul (where Neil Diamond is performing tonight). But I'll cut you some slack and say maybe you live an hour or so from the big city. Anyway, here's the Cascade Fresh store location list for MN: http://www.cascadefresh.com/locations/MN.htm

Per it's website, it has "the highest number of beneficial Acidophilus cultures of any yogurt available." So when DH comes back home, if he is still grumpy, send him out to your closest store on the list. He can go do something to help you feel better and maybe that will help his mood.

Wish my DH lived by that rule. :rolleyes:

Kitchen Diva said:
No- DH doesn't like Neil Diamond- but he knows how much I love him and have pleasant childhood memories surrounding the song Forever in Blue jeans...

I live about 15 minutes from St. Paul- so I'll cehck it out, thanks for looking that up for me! I stay away from St. Paul because normally those stores are in the scary-crime ridden portions of our fine state...

Thanks again!!

Wish DH lived by THAT rule! :rolleyes:

smspamperedchef said:
Wish DH lived by THAT rule! :rolleyes:

Sadly DH has HAD to travelfor business with female co-workers... I make the best of it and try not to get upset when their business dinners last for 3 hours. But that's another thread...

Kacey - working at a Christian camp we try to live by the same rule.
Also, if we every have a girl watch our kids and we are gone to separate places, DH will call me and not get home before me. We meet and arrive together and I take the sitter home.If we have to ride any distance (except for Fire Calls) with someone of the opposite sex, we make each other aware of it in case anyone asks.All about making sure we are above reproach. I usually did business travel alone or with a group - once I had to go alone with a male co-worker but made sure to keep pretty good contact with DH.

Kacey,

I just got back from conference and had a really quick moment to check in. This was the first thread when I clicked "New Posts". Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for your health.

I'll be back on later. Gotta spend time w/ the kids and DH!

Big hugs!

dianevill said:
Kacey,

I just got back from conference and had a really quick moment to check in. This was the first thread when I clicked "New Posts". Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for your health.

I'll be back on later. Gotta spend time w/ the kids and DH!

Big hugs!

Hey Diane- I know you have very little time to see the family right now before you go to Texas, so no worries- you go and love on your family...thanks for checking in and for your prayers! :) Welcome home!!

Hey Kacey: I hope you are feeling better. It seems like you have had a lot on your plate lately. Maybe you are experiencing some stress issues right now. Hang in there and remember the Lord will not put more on you than you can handle. My prayers are with you!! :):):):)

PamperedTammy said:
Hey Kacey: I hope you are feeling better. It seems like you have had a lot on your plate lately. Maybe you are experiencing some stress issues right now. Hang in there and remember the Lord will not put more on you than you can handle. My prayers are with you!! :):):):)

I was wondering if it was an ulcer, but I've had one before and it isn't the same...plus it takes quite a bit to get me really stressed out to the point that my body starts paying for it... But who knows- there has been a lot going on lately and even though I've been pretty darn chipper, maybe my body is just tired.

Hey there girl!! I see you aren't feeling much better. I wish we could do something to help. If only we could all come over and keep you company!!
Not that you would feel up to company...but we could give you a Neil Diamond concert!!!

Kacey - what did they say about your kidneys with all the tests...any chance of a kidney stone?

Kitchen Diva said:

Thanks again!!

Really?? Wow!! I guess DH and I have faith in each other. It's now even something I think about.

Kitchen Diva said:
DH has a rule that he doesn't do anything with other women, and I don't do anything with other men. If I have to go out on business with a male co-worker, I ask for a different flight and different hotel, or I'll ask if another co-worker can come with. I may be married to Grumpy-Stilskin but he's my grump and we are fierce about guarding our marriage.

I LOVE to hear things like this! DH thinks I am a bit nutso when I say stuff like this...but, honestly, the devil will sneak in when you are not prepared! It's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to guarding your marriage!

I have to email one of John's co-workers sometimes (he and hubby are starting a business together) and although I know DH would never read the email if I cc'd him, perhaps I should start doing that. Either way, I always tell him when I have to email or call him for something. Again...just as a precaution!

If you have the rule in place when things are GOOD (or hunky dorie...hee hee Kacey!) and you follow it all of the time, then Satan can't use that type of a situation to tempt you when things get rocky. (We ALL go through rocky stages in our marriages!)

rennea said:
Really?? Wow!! I guess DH and I have faith in each other. It's now even something I think about.

We don't look at it as having faith in each other or a lack of, we look at it from the perspective of others. We don't want anything to cross their minds...

KellyTheChef said:
I LOVE to hear things like this! DH thinks I am a bit nutso when I say stuff like this...but, honestly, the devil will sneak in when you are not prepared! It's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to guarding your marriage!

Don't get me wrong Kelly I'm not trying start a debate or anything but I really feel if myself or my husband can't be alone with the opposite sex because "something" might happen then I feel that there is already a problem in our marriage.

I've never been the jealous type though. I have many male friends and always have and my DH is secure in knowing that 12 years ago I married HIM and made a promise to HIM before God, our friends and family.

Now if I or DH were traveling alone with the opposite sex we would rent seperate rooms, but not take seperate flights!

janetupnorth said:
We don't look at it as having faith in each other or a lack of, we look at it from the perspective of others. We don't want anything to cross their minds...

I guess your right Janet, people do try to find the bad in everything:thumbdown: I just think it's sad that you have to go to those lengths to "protect" yourselves.

And not to start dragging past issues to the table but DH and his ex (I call her the practice wife) were both very unfaithful while married to one another). DH does this as a precaution because he honors our marriage and doesn't want to ruin what we have. It is a safety measure and it is also to ensure that someone of the opposite sex can't accidentally read into something that isn't there.

I've had male co-workers show up at my hotel room looking for love in all the wrong places when I've traveled...and I'm sorry but all it takes is one too many bad days in a row for me and DH to make that co-worker look might inviting. So I just make sure that I stay away from something that might possibly prove tempting under the right circumstances... does that make sense?

pampered.chris said:
Hey there girl!! I see you aren't feeling much better. I wish we could do something to help. If only we could all come over and keep you company!!
Not that you would feel up to company...but we could give you a Neil Diamond concert!!!

That is too sweet! Yes, could you all come over and sing Forever In Blue Jeans and Sweet Caroline and Cracklin' Rosie? Oh, and Longfellow Seranade...

Kacey!
I just got back and I'm sorry to hear you feel so bad! Hope they figure out what's going on!

wadesgirl said:
Kacey!
I just got back and I'm sorry to hear you feel so bad! Hope they figure out what's going on!

They won't... I'm going to have to donate my body to science!

Now I have brownie bits on my screen... thanks, Kacey.

katie0128 said:
Now I have brownie bits on my screen... thanks, Kacey.

You are welcome Big Sis- hey I have a question for you and Kelly... I'll PM you guys

Kitchen Diva said:
They won't... I'm going to have to donate my body to science!

My great grandpa did! He didn't want to bourdon my great grandma with having to bury him.

wadesgirl said:
My great grandpa did! He didn't want to bourdon my great grandma with having to bury him.

Well I'm going to donate it to them while I'm still alive.. maybe they can figure out what is wrong. I have a killer headache today. Could that be from the dye they shot in my veins? I remember reading that was a side effect but I don't know how long that lasts...

Kitchen Diva said:
Well I'm going to donate it to them while I'm still alive.. maybe they can figure out what is wrong. I have a killer headache today. Could that be from the dye they shot in my veins? I remember reading that was a side effect but I don't know how long that lasts...

Poor thing! I just read Jess' thread, wish I could go be with her!

Kitchen Diva said:

It could be... some people don't react well. I would give it 48 hours to get out of your system.

Kitchen Diva said:
It's a long story- basically my body stopped making hormones, my ovaries shut down, my adrenals burned out, my body became insulin resistent, thought it was in menopause- that's just the major things... I'm too tired to get into the rest of it, hope you don't mind...

I'm just not in a mentally upbeat place today. I'm not bummed or sad- just kind of blahzay

Geeze, you have had a hard time.

Hope they figure this out soon, you have had enough for several people.

Prayers still going up.

cwinter474 said:
Geeze, you have had a hard time.

Hope they figure this out soon, you have had enough for several people.

Prayers still going up.

But the really cool thing about having to go through all this is that I'm incredibly compassionate, empathetic and understanding when others go through it! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
But the really cool thing about having to go through all this is that I'm incredibly compassionate, empathetic and understanding when others go through it! :)

I'm sure you always had those traits :)

Wow, what happens around here when I leave for a few days?

Hope you are feeling better Kacey.

pamperedlinda said:
Wow, what happens around here when I leave for a few days?

Hope you are feeling better Kacey.

I tried to wait until you got back Linda... LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
I tried to wait until you got back Linda... LOL

You are so impatient! I was coming home :D

Glad you are feeling better.

pamperedlinda said:
You are so impatient! I was coming home :D

Glad you are feeling better.

I'm not feeling better, though... :( But thanks for stopping by! LOL

So what happens now Kacey? You aren't well enough for work are you? Another trip in tomorrow????...has your pain leveled the last 2 days?

Oh, sorry about that. I hope you feel better soon!

(guess I should have read all 137 posts and not just skim through!)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, sorry about that. I hope you feel better soon!

(guess I should have read all 137 posts and not just skim through!)

What?!?! How could you NOT read all those???? LOL- I don't blame you actually- it is a long thread. :)

Well Kacey I thought I would come in and check on you do my nurse maid routine.... I am glad to see you are keeping your spirts up :) I told my mom I met a lady with my same birthday and she thought it was neat since I have just met a few. I put you on our pray chain at our church today. So I hope they sure figure out what is going on with you before science gets ahold of you. Keep your chin up :)

Kitchen Diva said:
What?!?! How could you NOT read all those???? LOL- I don't blame you actually- it is a long thread. :)

I read it all when I saw it! I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hope you are at least feeling a little bit better!

wadesgirl said:
I read it all when I saw it! I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hope you are at least feeling a little bit better!

AWww, thanks buddy! :) I'm the same- whatchya gonna do? Off to watch The Next FNS! :) See ya tomorrow- I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I need to get to bed early...

Kitchen Diva said:
AWww, thanks buddy! :) I'm the same- whatchya gonna do? Off to watch The Next FNS! :) See ya tomorrow- I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I need to get to bed early...

I have to go back to work tomorrow after conference but I have a ton of things to catch up on since I was gone for so long. Hopefully I'll go to bed within the next hour!

wadesgirl said:
I have to go back to work tomorrow after conference but I have a ton of things to catch up on since I was gone for so long. Hopefully I'll go to bed within the next hour!

Yeah, how's that working for you? I was actually in bed at 10:09 but I cannot sleep! Grrrr

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, how's that working for you? I was actually in bed at 10:09 but I cannot sleep! Grrrr

Almost there. It's about an hour from before. I'm just finishing up. I had those issues with printing my receipts that now I have figured out. As soon as they print, I stamp them and get them in envelopes I'm done for the night!

Now I just have more work to do tomorrow since I wasn't able to call anyone this weekend! I've started making To Do Lists for myself to keep my on track so I started the list for tomorrow already so I can tell what I need to do. Anything not done from today (like clean my office, balance checkbooks and clean up host packets) will move to tomorrow. Really helps me out a lot. Plus if I see it on paper, I'm more apt to not forget or just put it off until tomorrow.

I can empathize a bit, Kacey. It took several years to find my diabetes. I was retaining huge amounts of water and they couldn't figure out why. I was not obese. I was under the age of 30. A simple blood glucose test didn't show diabetes. I was sent to specialists of all kinds for four years. They finally decided to simply treat the symptom and put me on lots of strong diuretics. The doctor who finally diagnosed my diabetes said that they probably would have caught it before if they'd done a glucose tolerance test. (That's where you drink gunk, then they test your blood sugar.)It's no fun to be a puzzle for your doctors to figure out.

A little late but.......

everyone with me, at the top of your lungs....

BAH BAH BAH

(for those of you who think I've lost it, well, you're right. For the rest of you, the next line goes "Good times never seemed so good......")

C'mon. You know you wanna.

Kacey, girl, we need to start a Medical Mystery club. Surgery #3 didn't fix my problem either. I think there should be some sort of cash reward for us for winning "Stump the highly trained medical professional!"

Feel better babe. Divas deserve the best!

How did I miss this thread? Oh wait, did it start on the 17th? (First day of conference 3)

Kasey, I have you in my prayers that they figure out what it is - I didn't read the whole thread but am glad it's not the appendex, etc.

Take care - we love ya girl!

So... how are you today???????

<H2>1. What happened to Kacey and why is she in the hospital?</H2><p>Kacey is currently at her MD's office, which is attached to the hospital, resting in a recliner and waiting for a CT scan. Her white cell count was normal, but her doctors suspect that she may have appendicitis.</p><H2>2. Is Kacey going to have surgery?</H2><p>Kacey's doctors are still waiting for the results of her CT scan, but it is very likely that she will need to have her appendix removed.</p><H2>3. How is Kacey feeling?</H2><p>Kacey is currently resting in a recliner and reading a magazine. She is with her husband, who is supporting her during this time. We are all sending our thoughts and prayers to lift her up.</p><H2>4. When will we know more about Kacey's condition?</H2><p>As soon as Kacey's doctors have the results of her CT scan, we will have a better understanding of her condition and what steps need to be taken next.</p><H2>5. How can we support Kacey during this time?</H2><p>Please continue to keep Kacey in your thoughts and prayers. We also encourage you to send her well wishes and messages of support during this difficult time.</p>

Related to Kitchen Diva Update: Kacey's Hospital Stay and Possible Appendix Removal

1. What happened to Kacey and why is she in the hospital?

Kacey is currently at her MD's office, which is attached to the hospital, resting in a recliner and waiting for a CT scan. Her white cell count was normal, but her doctors suspect that she may have appendicitis.

2. Is Kacey going to have surgery?

Kacey's doctors are still waiting for the results of her CT scan, but it is very likely that she will need to have her appendix removed.

3. How is Kacey feeling?

Kacey is currently resting in a recliner and reading a magazine. She is with her husband, who is supporting her during this time. We are all sending our thoughts and prayers to lift her up.

4. When will we know more about Kacey's condition?

As soon as Kacey's doctors have the results of her CT scan, we will have a better understanding of her condition and what steps need to be taken next.

5. How can we support Kacey during this time?

Please continue to keep Kacey in your thoughts and prayers. We also encourage you to send her well wishes and messages of support during this difficult time.

Back