• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ketchup vs Mustard: The Great Debate of Burger and Hotdog Toppings

In summary, my husband thinks I have too many food rules, but I think most discerning "chefs" would agree with me. I also prefer hot dogs with ketchup over any other condiment.

Ketchup or Mustard

• Hotdogs - mustard only

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Hotdogs - ketchup only

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Hotdogs - yuk1

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I eat anything!!

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
It is a rare Saturday night at home and my husband is making fun of me. No surprise there! I hate mustard on my hamburgers and I hate ketchup on my hotdogs. It just seems wrong to me. He thinks I am weird and have too many food rules. But I think most discerning "chefs" would agree with me. What are your opinions?

I'm not a mustard fan at all, so I agree with the burger, but not the hot dog! I like to do ketchup and relish on my hot dogs! Although, I'm not a big fan of hot dogs either, so I rarely eat them.

My BF hates how I use ketchup in my cooking so often. He's not a big fan of it. Of course the kids love me using it!

ps I voted ketchup only since relish wasn't a choice!

I eat my hotdogs w/ coleslaw, onions, mustard, & sauce (or chili depending where you're from.. hehe)

I eat veggie or soy dogs with ketchup, veggie or soy kielbasa with sauerkraut and veggie burgers with ketchup and honey mustard. There are only one or two honey mustards I like. I hate yellow mustard.
I love ketchup and salsa but absolutely cannot eat a tomato!

Mustard and relish for me
Ketchup and grilled onions for DS...

and sometimes garlic aoili (fancy mayo) on fries!!!

neither for me - I eat mayo on my hotdogs. I love chili and mayo or slaw and mayo or even relish and mayo. I love mayo w/ french fries, too!

Ketchup all the way, burgers and dogs.

I can do both or ketchup only but not only mustard on anything.

The arguement in my house is mustard or mayo on sandwiches. I have very specific rules for that, maybe i'll make up my own poll.

My preference is Chicago-style all the way! But since I'm in NC, that's a rare treat for us. :D (in-laws from Chicago just sent us some for a New Year gift...YUMMMO!!) So normally, I'd do just ketchup.

pampermejolene said:
I eat veggie or soy dogs with ketchup, veggie or soy kielbasa with sauerkraut and veggie burgers with ketchup and honey mustard.

There are only one or two honey mustards I like. I hate yellow mustard.
I love ketchup and salsa but absolutely cannot eat a tomato!

I'm soooo with you!! i love all things tomato BUT a tomato! lol

i like ketchup on everything. it drives my bf crazy. we dont even have mustard in our fridge right now because neither of us ever eat it ....

I put mayo on the bread then squirt ketchup & mustard on either one. I add pickles to the burgers and relish to the hot dogs...no onions on either...occasionally lettuce and tomato but only if the tomatoes are ripe, not pink!

Voted for ketchup because I loathe mustard ... but I really am not a big hot dog fan.

I actually prefer them with chili when I do have them, or burnt on a grill.

I hate mustard. but I don't add ketchup on anything BUT hotdogs. :yuck:

ketchup, mustard & dill relish for hot dogs
ketchup, mustard & dill pickles for burgers

I'm boring... lol!

Love hot dogs... can't explain it. Chicago style is my fav, but a close 2nd is with saurkraut,mustard and some swiss or monterey jack cheese. Oh, and a pickle on the side. Heaven forbid I don't get enough salt!

ketchup, mustard, onion and relish

or

chili, onions and mustard

Can you say a little hot dogs or turkey burgers with my ketchup! lol I LOVE that condiment and GO OVER board with it! lol

Boy... I cannot believe I am losing this arguement with my hubby. I might not tell him the results:D! I also have specific rules about sandwiches. Like the mayo goes on the lettuce side and the mustard is on the meat side. I hate when someone makes a sandwich with mustard on the lettuce and tomato side. I rather have no mustard at all! I love good mustard, not that fake yellow stuff!

Maybe it is me that is difficult:eek:!

I absolutely HATE mustard! For years I wouldn't even let my mom use it in deviled eggs. After 20 years or so, I will finally eat them with a little mustard in them! One of the old PC ring recipes called for mustard. I changed that to mayo because I hate mustard so much. For years we didn't even have any in our house but now my teenage son loves it on hotdogs & a couple of other things so I buy it for him!

Related to Ketchup vs Mustard: The Great Debate of Burger and Hotdog Toppings

1. Which one is more popular, ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup is typically the more popular choice for burger and hotdog toppings. However, personal preferences may vary.

2. Can I use both ketchup and mustard on my burger or hotdog?

Yes, many people enjoy the combination of both ketchup and mustard on their burgers and hotdogs. It's all about personal preference!

3. Is one healthier than the other?

Ketchup and mustard both have similar calorie and fat content. However, mustard is lower in sugar and higher in sodium compared to ketchup.

4. Are there any alternatives to traditional ketchup and mustard?

Yes, there are many alternative options for burger and hotdog toppings, such as BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, or even hot sauce. Get creative and try something new!

5. Can I use ketchup or mustard for anything other than burgers and hotdogs?

Absolutely! Ketchup and mustard can be used as condiments for sandwiches, fries, and even in recipes for marinades or sauces. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • naekelsey