• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep Your Cookbooks Looking New....

show, potluck, ect...I just put them in a gallon size ziplock bag and it's so much easier than trying to keep them clean while talking and cooking. I also write myself notes in the margins so I always know what I made and how many. That way, I can just glance at the bag and know what I am making. Thanks for the tip!
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I know that this tip has been given before, but I think it's been while so for you newbies.....

Open up your cookbook (our sprial bound ones) all the way and flip it backwards so only the page with the recipe is showing. Now, slip it down into a gallon size ziploc. That way, while you are making your recipe you don't have to worry about getting anything on the page!

Also- for anyone who is like me and likes to make changes or adjustments to the recipe, make sure you write yourself notes in the margins of the recipe! I do this so I remember if I liked something...or maybe what I made it for and how many it yeilded. (Write if you DIDN'T like it...no need to make it accidentally a second time if your family hated it!)

Example: I have a cream wafer recipe that I make for ONLY SPECIAL occasions (showers, weddings) and I have noted on it: Make double recipe of icing. "Pipe" on using a makeshift pastry bag with a gallon ziploc..much easier than hand icing each sandwich!

Or, we were talking about the brown butter tortellini recipe and how it needs something extra. So, I would put a post it note on the recipe that says: next time, add garlic and parsley.

Great idea! I've never heard that before. Thanks Kelly!

KellyTheChef said:
I know that this tip has been given before, but I think it's been while so for you newbies.....

Open up your cookbook (our sprial bound ones) all the way and flip it backwards so only the page with the recipe is showing. Now, slip it down into a gallon size ziploc. That way, while you are making your recipe you don't have to worry about getting anything on the page!

Also- for anyone who is like me and likes to make changes or adjustments to the recipe, make sure you write yourself notes in the margins of the recipe! I do this so I remember if I liked something...or maybe what I made it for and how many it yeilded. (Write if you DIDN'T like it...no need to make it accidentally a second time if your family hated it!)

Example: I have a cream wafer recipe that I make for ONLY SPECIAL occasions (showers, weddings) and I have noted on it: Make double recipe of icing. "Pipe" on using a makeshift pastry bag with a gallon ziploc..much easier than hand icing each sandwich!

Or, we were talking about the brown butter tortellini recipe and how it needs something extra. So, I would put a post it note on the recipe that says: next time, add garlic and parsley.

That is a great idea Kelly. I have been making photo copies of them, but the ziplock bag idea is awesome. Saves on paper/ink!!! And the post it note idea is awesome too!! You are such a thinker ;)

KellyTheChef said:

I had never heard this before. Did it tonight when I made the Spicy Sausage & Peppers Penne from It's Good For You (AWESOME recipe by the way). I love your tip and now I still have a clean book! :love: :thumbup:

Great tip! Thanks for posting! :)

Wow! I am REALLY glad I posted this when I thought about it today. I almost didn't cuz I thought that most people had already heard the tip... I thought it was a super tip the first time I heard it too, and my customers always love to hear this! (I always point out how to keep them clean, as well as the fact that EVERY recipe has it's own picture! There are many cooks like me that are afraid to try a recipe if they don't know what it's "supposed" to look like!)

Thanks Kelly for those tips. I have a problem with the covers coming off because I talk all of mine to shows. Maybe if I put them in the bags before I put them in my rolling crate that would help also.

Ann

aried said:
Thanks Kelly for those tips. I have a problem with the covers coming off because I talk all of mine to shows. Maybe if I put them in the bags before I put them in my rolling crate that would help also.

Ann
Ann- Anytime I take mine to shows, I put them into ziplocs. You can fit about 3 in there...just watch the corners so they don't get caught and bent up when you are getting them in and out of the bag. Mine look almost new, even though I take them to most of my shows!

Great tip, thanks Kelly!

I was told that when I started! LOVE that tip!!! I do it Most of the time!

Awesome tip, Kelly - thanks! Maybe mine will stop growing legs and disappearing if they are in a baggie, too! :grumpy:

What a great tip! I am so bad for splashing stuff on the pages as I cook.

Thanks for the tip...I'll pass it along at my shows!

My cookbooks are a mess! I think I'll order some new ones this month!

Can we order the guest specials along with a supply order?

Another idea...

I got the self sticky laminating sheets and laminated my covers to hold up to taking to shows and being handled so much. Plus I put a name label on it before I put the lamination on so it is under it too.

I will DEFINITELY be following your tip because I forever get stuff on my pages when doing the recipe
embarrassed2.gif

cookbooksI have a laminator at work. I retype the recipes into bigger print and after printing them I use the laminator and use that while doing my demos. I also have the cookbooks with me to display.

Great idea about the ziploc bag..never heard of that before.

Susan

I never heard it before either. Thanks!

I'll have to give this a go. I've just been telling my guests that my cookbooks are 'well-loved'.:rolleyes:

Chef Endora said:
Thanks for the tip...I'll pass it along at my shows!

My cookbooks are a mess! I think I'll order some new ones this month!

Can we order the guest specials along with a supply order?
No...it has to go on a personal order. Make sure you use the guest special numbers for September and you will get your discount OFF THE SALE PRICE!

All I have to say is I am so thankful the cookbooks are on sale this month! I need to replace almost all of mine! I use them regularly, and didn't know the Ziploc tip - THANKS!!!! (Oh yeah, I'm a very messy cook if you didn't figure it out)

Thank you so much for the tip, I will definately use it. Also Missy I am with you, there are a bunch of the cookbooks that I don't have so I will be completing my set this month. Plus I am going to buy some as Chrismas presents.

Related to Keep Your Cookbooks Looking New....

1. How do I clean my cookbooks without damaging them?

To keep your cookbooks looking new, use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe any dust or residue off the cover and pages. Avoid using water or any cleaning products, as they can cause damage to the pages or cover.

2. Can I use sticky notes or bookmarks in my cookbooks?

Yes, you can use sticky notes or bookmarks in your cookbooks, but do so with caution. Use only high-quality sticky notes that won't leave a residue, and try to use bookmarks instead of folding down pages to prevent creasing and damage.

3. How should I store my cookbooks?

It's best to store your cookbooks in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help prevent any fading or warping of the pages. You can also keep them in a protective cover or sleeve to further protect them.

4. What should I do if a spill occurs on my cookbook?

If a spill occurs on your cookbook, gently blot the area with a clean, dry cloth. Try not to rub the area, as this can cause the pages to stick together. If the spill has soaked into the pages, you can use a dry cloth to gently fan the pages and separate them to prevent sticking.

5. How can I prevent my cookbooks from getting damaged in the kitchen?

To prevent damage to your cookbooks in the kitchen, try to keep them away from any cooking or baking areas. If you need to use them while cooking, use a cookbook stand or place them in a protective cover to prevent any splatters or spills from getting on the pages. You can also use a clear plastic sleeve to cover the pages while cooking for extra protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • chef2you