• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Everything Going Wrong at Once? My Recent Struggles and Finding Hope.

In summary, things have not been going well for John and Pat lately. Pat is getting better, but John's roof is leaking and they may have to move because of the mounting medical bills. John's brother may lose his home and their parents are having a hard time keeping up with the payments.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have had the worst two months of my life and it is only getting worse. Well, here is the good stuff. Pat is home. He is walking some what. He is getting better. My nose healed and the scab is gone. I signed a new consultant who had her first party last Thursday. She is at $325 with more orders coming in. Amy is a long time hostess and has been doing parties with me since she was 17. Now for the part about things getting worse instead of better. I just found out that very dear friend Lisa, who is already battling MS now is battling a form of MRSA herself. Her DUMB A*# doctors let a sore on her toe go to long without treating it and she has MRSA like I usually get it. It is in her leg and climbing up. She has a toxic line moving north and just about to her waist. She is very ill according to her husband. Then Amy's Husbands grandmother is very ill. Amy was going to attend our monthly meeting Tuesday but she told me Wednesday about her grandmother, and I have an awful feeling she passed. I met her a few times as her daughter, Amy's mother-in law has also hosted parties with me. I feel so bad as I know what a close knit family they are. Now, I also found out that my brother may be loosing his home. They moved up here from Texas about 4 years ago. He his wife and daughter had a very difficult time finding jobs as neither one has much of an education and Janet has a record. She fell into drugs before she met my brother and he though he could change her. Well, she is clean but with the economy the way it is, pay stinks for her and him and well, I think they may loose the house they just bought. The problem, it is in my parent's name and they too can not afford to keep paying on it either. They are both on fixed incomes and part time work to keep them a float. Now for Pat and I. First the roof we had redone 6 years ago - I mean total tear off and boards replaced, is leaking. We had a rain that lasted about a day and a half and the up stairs tenant called about the ceiling more than dripping in the middle bedroom. We spent $7000 having the dormer up there rebuilt two years ago so I am at loss as to where the water is coming from. It has not leaked in there for the two years it has been done. And we have gotten two of Pat's bills from doctors or whatever, and I think we may just pack up, change our names and RUN LIKE H E double hockey sticks! They are over $3000. and that is after what his insurance covered! So to the young lady that was talking about loosing it all, well, I have to follow my own advice and get out there and work it. My problem, I don't have a physical being to fall back on to help in some way. I do have my faith and all I can do is hope that that is enough. It has been before so now I just have to do the leg work. Thanks. I was getting dang mad and down and just plain sick. Love you guys!

Good luck John. It sounds like there have been some bad times all around lately! Luckily we have this great business and if we just work it we will reap large rewards. I just need to take my own advice and do it!!

John - Trust in the power of prayer and don't be too proud to let others help if they offer. Don't be afraid to ask if you think someone might be able to do something. I will pray for you and Pat and your friends you mentioned. As far as the medical bills, just call them and ask them to work with you. Make some sort of payment effort and you should keep them satisfied for the time being. You said Pat is home....I don't know you so it seems he could be ill or otherwise unable to work. Is there any kind of disability he could get? Perhaps he is already. Just take it one day at a time, pray hard and do what you can. Knowing how much your income from your business means to your household will hopefully give you the drive you need to make it succeed. Good luck!

You know it is funny. All of us seem to be struggling with something in our lives right now. What is going on? I know more people this year or specifically this summer, who are loosing jobs, in poor health or loosing people. I mean I have 9 people in my life in one way or another that are lost loved ones, 10 who are on the brink of financial ruin and 3 that are hospitalized and about 5 that have family in the hospital. Is 2008 a jinxs? All I can say as something better happen soon because I can not afford a prescription for Cymbalta but booze ain't the answer either, but the more I think things are getting better, I feel worse and more lost. I have this really bad thing that makes me sad if someone else is sad, or mad if some else is mad. I am a sponge. I have been like that all my life. I cry when I hear anything to do with 9/11 or troops that have passed. I cry when this commercial fro this funeral home comes on at 6:30 a.m. on a local station. EVERYTHING IS EFFECTING ME THIS WAY SO MUCH I CAN'T TAKE IT MUCH MORE! I keep praying and keep dreaming and just try to keep from drowning in all this. I am trying but I feel like the life preserver is deflating. Please God, just get me to a place where I can think straight. Help me back off to see things more clearly and help me see the right way to go. Most of all, help ALL OF US DO THAT!

John, you are in my prayers! :)

Hang in there John. It is bound to get better. Just keep your faith and pray to God to get you through this rough point in your life. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!

John, so sorry you are struggling. As you said, it seems like a lot out here are... Maybe it is just as the Bible says, it won't be easy. Just think of it that you must be doing something right or satan wouldn't be messing with you so much! I'll keep you in my prayers.

John, I know what you mean,

Keep looking up to the Lord.... He won't bring you to it, If he won't get you thru it!!!

We are here for you! Prayers are coming!!!

John you are in my prayers!!!

I'll be praying for you, John.

Hugs and prayers coming your way, John.

You'll be in my prayers.

Hugs John! You know what they say, when it rains...it pours. Break out your PC umbrella and just tackle one thing at a time.

Smootches boyfriend.
smilie_bad_14.gif

John, you are in my prayers....keep the faith, and look to the Lord for your help! But...like you mentioned to others...get your feet on the pavement and help out! I know you "know" all of this- sometimes we just need to hear it one more time! I pray for all of the struggles going on around you. It can be very disheartening when it seems sooooooooo many people are struggling around you. Thankfully, we have a God who holds the universe together by just thinking about it, so he can handle ALL of the things we are dealing with!

HUGS!!

Oh...and I am SURE you got a giggle out of Linda's post, I know I did!!

OK- here's a suggestion. You may have thought of it already, but in case you haven't...Go to a local bank and open an account for Pat's medical bills, with a name on the account like "Pat's medical fund." Then hold a PC FR for those expenses. You'll get some money to pay those bills, but also get commission. Yes, the commission is lower than regular shows, but when you add the FR amount (which would otherwise have been paid from your commission/budget), you'll actually get 32% (15% FR, 17% comm).

Call the doctors and see if they will take just what the insurance pays.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Actually, that's a good idea. Someone on the Today show this morning mentioned working out a payment plan with medical providers when money is tight. The providers would rather get something over a long period of time than get nothing at all (not that you'd do that, John).

Sorry to hear of all the struggles John - you'll be in my prayers. It was really odd reading about "Janet" in your story...I was thinking - hey, I've never done drugs... ;) Oh wait, that is his relative. :)Bad news is all around us. I just found out Saturday evening that a co-workers found her husband dead when she got home from work Thursday - he had very aggressive brain cancer and never told her. Two kids left - 14 and 17. She car pools with another co-worker who lost her husband April 24th. Not a good year for either one!!!!The trials can't last forever...hang in there and look for the help. Many places will do financial counseling and emotional counseling for free...look for them. We know that dealing with finances and medical health IS NOT EASY.Stay strong!

I'm praying for you as well John. Just know you are not the only one in the life boat. (Even though sometimes it feels like it's getting so full it's going to sink these days!)

You are right in knowing God is there in the midst of it all. He will get you through it.

Good luck John and I would call to ask about a payment plan or getting help with Pat's medical bills.

chefann said:
OK- here's a suggestion. You may have thought of it already, but in case you haven't...

Go to a local bank and open an account for Pat's medical bills, with a name on the account like "Pat's medical fund." Then hold a PC FR for those expenses. You'll get some money to pay those bills, but also get commission. Yes, the commission is lower than regular shows, but when you add the FR amount (which would otherwise have been paid from your commission/budget), you'll actually get 32% (15% FR, 17% comm).

We can do this?????? Oh Ann, I LOVE YOU!!!! Now maybe I can get my teeth fixed!!!! Off to the bank this morning!!!!

(see post http://www.chefsuccess.com/f48/overwhelmed-overstressed-long-41798/ for explanation, if needed)

John,

We have not had insurance for a long time, and I still don't. IF you can, when you call to make you payment. Ask for a discount for payment in full. I have found that they sometimes will give you up to 40% discount. They won't give it if YOU don't ask.

Carol

1. What is "Just Need to Get This Out?"

"Just Need to Get This Out" is a line of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient. These products are perfect for those busy weeknights when you just need to get dinner on the table quickly.

2. What types of products are included in the "Just Need to Get This Out" line?

The "Just Need to Get This Out" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as vegetable choppers, pizza cutters, and garlic presses. These products are designed to save you time and effort in the kitchen.

3. Are the "Just Need to Get This Out" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in the "Just Need to Get This Out" line are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Just be sure to check the product manual for any specific care instructions.

4. Can I purchase "Just Need to Get This Out" products online?

Yes, you can purchase "Just Need to Get This Out" products online through the Pampered Chef website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find them at select retail locations.

5. Are there any recipes or meal ideas that go along with the "Just Need to Get This Out" products?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and meal ideas that are perfect for using with the "Just Need to Get This Out" products. You can find these on our website, in our cookbooks, or by attending a Pampered Chef cooking show. Our consultants are also happy to share their favorite recipes with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom