• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joint Show with Tupperware: Advice Needed!

In summary, a TW consultant approached me about doing a joint bunco, but I do not think it would work because of the overlapping products. I have had two experiences with TW consultants and both were negative. I am surprised a TW consultant would want to do a joint show.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Has anyone done a joint show with Tupperware? I had a consultant approach me about doing a joint Bunco. I have done joint shows with other consultants, just never with Tupperware. People always mistakenly lump our products together...so I don't know how this would go.
Any suggestions?

Tupperware seems like way more storage products then a wide array of kitchenware like PC. I don't think the products actually overlap too much. I'm not sure I'd want to share sales with someone else but if you're willing, I think it could work.

I have had two experiences with two different TW consultants. Unfortunately both were very negative. Both were pushy towards the customers. Very in your face kind of stuff. that is not my style. That is only my experience.

And, unfortunately, TW has a TON of kitchen stuff...cookware, knives, a little bit of everything...not just the storage containers they are known for! IMHO, there is a lot of overlap in products being similar than there was in the past. But, I do think our products are better, of course!

melatc said:
And, unfortunately, TW has a TON of kitchen stuff...cookware, knives, a little bit of everything...not just the storage containers they are known for! IMHO, there is a lot of overlap in products being similar than there was in the past. But, I do think our products are better, of course!

Yes - and Tupperware consultants will also now do cooking shows.

The best thing though is that their cookware and knives are outrageously priced - so when compared side-by-side to ours, we come out looking really good!:thumbup:

I'm surprised a TW consultant would want to do a joint show.

Oops, maybe it's been too long since I've been to a tupperware party! :blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - and Tupperware consultants will also now do cooking shows.

The best thing though is that their cookware and knives are outrageously priced - so when compared side-by-side to ours, we come out looking really good!:thumbup:

I'm surprised a TW consultant would want to do a joint show.

Me too - they are encroaching on our product line a little too much!

Personally I'm not a big fan of tupperware. They are way too expensive, and I don't think their really expensive items, live up to the value....kwim?

At least with our expensive items, the quality is outstanding AND life time gaurentee can't beat that!!!

And to show how much I love PC products I owned a little less than 1/2 of the items way before I became a consultant.....lol

I do not like TW parties. I love their things but don't like their parties.

If I did it, I would get the TW lady to agree to promote storage and you promtae kitchen.

I got "roped" into hosting a TW party that I "won" one time and that is what I had the consultant agree too. She did not promote things that I sale.

My experience with TW consultants has also been negative. :( The most recent was when she tried getting the dance studio fundraiser away from me by telling the owner, 'Well, we have a better guarantee than PC. They don't have a guarantee at all and ours is for a year'. :p The owner was going to go with me b/c she likes our products better & we use our full catalog. The only reason I was going to lose it was b/c of the 15%. Their % is 40. Ours is 15%.

When I hosted a TW party, she focused on easy storage things and their kids things. She did not compete with PC at all.

crystalscookingnow said:
The only reason I was going to lose it was b/c of the 15%. Their % is 40. Ours is 15%.

They do have a better % but then their prices in inflated too b/c you buy out of their special fundraiser catalog. That is how they can pay a better %.

I love Tupperware but don't think I would do a joint show because of the overlapping products.

It would be a bunco, so it wouldn't be like a regular joint show, from the way she was talking.

The Vendor Showcases I have done with a TW rep there, she had a bunch of cash n carry items. She sold $100+ each time and the rest of us sold less than $25. I don't think it would be too good to do that even if it is a lot of storage things.

Don't they say that 'imitation is the best form of flattery'? For the cash-n-carry alone possibility, I wouldn't do a combo show. At a recent booth I did this past fall, I took a mini-catalog from Tupperware (being polite), and I was shocked at how expensive they were! Hopefully most people would see the same thing. But I wouldn't do it either. The two companies are too close in product- it would just be competition, not complementing (like Tastefully Simple or Homemade Gourmet). IMHO, there is a big difference.

Related to Joint Show with Tupperware: Advice Needed!

1. What is a joint show with Tupperware?

A joint show with Tupperware is a collaboration between Pampered Chef and Tupperware consultants to host a cooking and/or kitchenware demonstration for customers. It allows for a larger variety of products and a fun, interactive experience for guests.

2. How do I find a Tupperware consultant to host a joint show with?

You can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and ask if they have any connections with Tupperware consultants in the area. You can also search for Tupperware consultants online or ask friends and family if they know of any consultants.

3. Can I earn host rewards for a joint show with Tupperware?

Yes, as a host, you can earn host rewards for a joint show with Tupperware. The host rewards will be a combination of both Pampered Chef and Tupperware products. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide more information on the specific rewards and benefits.

4. Are there any special promotions for joint shows with Tupperware?

Yes, there may be special promotions for joint shows with Tupperware. These promotions may include discounted products or bundles, free products, or extra host rewards. Your Pampered Chef consultant will have the most up-to-date information on any current promotions.

5. Can we customize the menu for a joint show with Tupperware?

Yes, you can work with both your Pampered Chef and Tupperware consultant to create a customized menu for your joint show. This can include featuring specific products from both companies or incorporating certain recipes. Your consultants will be happy to work with you to create a menu that fits your needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amybee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • ChefJWarren