1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Job Fair structure...

1. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

I know that most of the threads that discuss job fairs refer to them as unsuccessful. I still chose to sign up for this Job and Entrepreneurship fair (tomorrow) because I am sure that it will result in something.

I am so excited about the mini kit because it certainly feasible for anyone! Just think when you are starting a new job you typically invest almost that much in the right attire. I am going to market the PC business as the flexible guaranteed income that you can have now while you are still looking for your full-time dream job, and the business that will take you to new heights if/when you discover that it IS your dream job. I am thinking that it is all about the approach, so I am trying to rework that right now and would love suggestions ideas. Bouncing around in my mind are:

A question to ask them, would you like to get started with a business with PC right away or learn a little more about our company at a show first?

* Revised drawing slips that focus on the business ... or ... maybe just a sign up sheet with categories like Name, phone, email, and places to check want to do a show to find out more, would like to be contacted for an interview... etc.
    * A sign up sheet with my available interview times...
    * I could schedule an opportunity night and invite all interested individuals to that?

Sorry for the long post - if you've made it this far - I'd really love thoughts and ideas on how to make it the most successful event possible. Thanks :D

Apr 1, 2009
  2. jcsmilez

Wow, really? No response? No ideas? Or was the original post THAT long? :rolleyes:

Apr 1, 2009
  3. jcsmilez

:D Job Fair Update! :D

Well, I am very pleased with the results from the job fair so far. I did a drawing for $25 off the kit of your choice or a cookbook (Season's Best). I got 70 leads and 5 people signed up for a specific interview time slot. Here are the questions on my draw slip:

I am familiar with The Pampered Chef. Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Very I was very surprised, a much larger % of people had not heard of PC at the job expo than any other booth that I've done in the past.

I’d like to talk more about starting a Pampered Chef business through which I can earn an average of $100+ per 4-6 hour shift (includes party & follow up). Not now 1 2 3 4 5 YES!! 25 people circled 4 or 5; I'm still following up with them and scheduling interviews with those interested in taking the next step.

I’m interested in hosting a cooking party and earning FREE kitchen tools while sharing a delicious Pampered Chef recipe with friends! If I choose to start my business, I can get up to $40 off of my kit. Not now 1 2 3 4 5 YES! 18 more people marked 3, 4, or 5 and 5 people booked actual shows, some with absolutely no interest in the business, others so that they could get a closer look.

I really think that Job Fairs, especially right now, can be a great place to promote a biz opp w/ PC, it's all in how you market it. :D I hope this helps some that are debating...

Apr 6, 2009
  4. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I'm glad it went so well. Thanks for the ideas, I have one next week.

Apr 6, 2009
  5. pattikake

pattikake Member

Thanks also -- I have one next week as well.

Apr 6, 2009
  6. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Tristen,

Thanks for sharing your questions and the results. You did a great job!

Apr 6, 2009
  7. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I never saw this original post, but congrats, sounds like you pulled off a successful booth!

Apr 6, 2009
Have something to add?