1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Job Fair structure...

1. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

I know that most of the threads that discuss job fairs refer to them as unsuccessful. I still chose to sign up for this Job and Entrepreneurship fair (tomorrow) because I am sure that it will result in something.

I am so excited about the mini kit because it certainly feasible for anyone! Just think when you are starting a new job you typically invest almost that much in the right attire. I am going to market the PC business as the flexible guaranteed income that you can have now while you are still looking for your full-time dream job, and the business that will take you to new heights if/when you discover that it IS your dream job. I am thinking that it is all about the approach, so I am trying to rework that right now and would love suggestions ideas. Bouncing around in my mind are:

A question to ask them, would you like to get started with a business with PC right away or learn a little more about our company at a show first?

* Revised drawing slips that focus on the business ... or ... maybe just a sign up sheet with categories like Name, phone, email, and places to check want to do a show to find out more, would like to be contacted for an interview... etc.
    * A sign up sheet with my available interview times...
    * I could schedule an opportunity night and invite all interested individuals to that?

Sorry for the long post - if you've made it this far - I'd really love thoughts and ideas on how to make it the most successful event possible. Thanks :D

Apr 1, 2009
  2. jcsmilez

Wow, really? No response? No ideas? Or was the original post THAT long? :rolleyes:

Apr 1, 2009
  3. jcsmilez

:D Job Fair Update! :D

Well, I am very pleased with the results from the job fair so far. I did a drawing for $25 off the kit of your choice or a cookbook (Season's Best). I got 70 leads and 5 people signed up for a specific interview time slot. Here are the questions on my draw slip:

I am familiar with The Pampered Chef. Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Very I was very surprised, a much larger % of people had not heard of PC at the job expo than any other booth that I've done in the past.

I’d like to talk more about starting a Pampered Chef business through which I can earn an average of $100+ per 4-6 hour shift (includes party & follow up). Not now 1 2 3 4 5 YES!! 25 people circled 4 or 5; I'm still following up with them and scheduling interviews with those interested in taking the next step.

I’m interested in hosting a cooking party and earning FREE kitchen tools while sharing a delicious Pampered Chef recipe with friends! If I choose to start my business, I can get up to $40 off of my kit. Not now 1 2 3 4 5 YES! 18 more people marked 3, 4, or 5 and 5 people booked actual shows, some with absolutely no interest in the business, others so that they could get a closer look.

I really think that Job Fairs, especially right now, can be a great place to promote a biz opp w/ PC, it's all in how you market it. :D I hope this helps some that are debating...

Apr 6, 2009
  4. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I'm glad it went so well. Thanks for the ideas, I have one next week.

Apr 6, 2009
  5. pattikake

pattikake Member

Thanks also -- I have one next week as well.

Apr 6, 2009
  6. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Tristen,

Thanks for sharing your questions and the results. You did a great job!

Apr 6, 2009
  7. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I never saw this original post, but congrats, sounds like you pulled off a successful booth!

Apr 6, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted