• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Digital Thermometer on Outlet Worth the Purchase for $23.50?

In summary, the conversation is about the new wireless PHD meat thermometer that was discontinued. A woman is excited to get one as a gift for her mother, grandmother, and sister. Another woman is considering getting one for herself, but is concerned that the PHD might not be compatible with her oven or stovetop. The outlet is offering the PHD for $20 to consultants.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
It's going for $23.50! Man, why wasn't it on here 2 months ago when a woman wanted to buy 4!! Ugh!!!:rolleyes:

WoW!!! I am SOOO excited :) ...I had been debating on one, but didn't want to pay the full price for it! (even though I've had 2 customers pay full price from people on here!)

Can a past host discount be used on online orders?

Jules711 said:
Can a past host discount be used on online orders?

Yes:D

silly too short post rule.....:p

Yes it can!

PS: I'm thinking this could be a great mother's day gift!!

how?? I don't see a place for it. I'm placing an order for someone and it's not coming up with that option?

Jules711 said:
how?? I don't see a place for it. I'm placing an order for someone and it's not coming up with that option?
Don't take this the wrong way...but are you looking at the OUTLET?

It has to be an individual order NOT associated with a show...then the "outlet" catagory shows up! Then again, with all of the glitches they have been having the past week, maybe it's not showing up for you!

HTH

PampMomof3 said:
It's going for $23.50! Man, why wasn't it on here 2 months ago when a woman wanted to buy 4!! Ugh!!!:rolleyes:
Can't you contact her and see if she wants them? I WOULD! If she was willing to spend 39, she'd be thrilled to get it for 23.50!
It's being offered to consultants for $20! I think I might buy a new one! I was sad when it was discontinued!

jenniferknapp said:
Yes it can!

PS: I'm thinking this could be a great mother's day gift!!
:eek: What an absolutely fabulous idea, I think I might buy one for my Mom, my Grandma and my sister! Thanks for the great idea!:D

Anyone think it's possible that we would come out with a new one? I have our old one (the same on on the outlet) and I love, love, love it! I use it any time I am cooking meat. I just don't want to buy another one as my "backup" and then have us sell a new updated one!

KellyTheChef said:
Anyone think it's possible that we would come out with a new one? I have our old one (the same on on the outlet) and I love, love, love it! I use it any time I am cooking meat. I just don't want to buy another one as my "backup" and then have us sell a new updated one!

Hmm, good point. I already bought one yesterday, but now I am wondering! It very well could be... I've heard rave reviews about it...

Hi. I was just looking at this on the outlet. Can you actually leave this in the meat while cooking it? Did I understand that right?

vangogirl said:
Hi. I was just looking at this on the outlet. Can you actually leave this in the meat while cooking it? Did I understand that right?
Yes you can. You just close the oven door or grill lid over the wire. It can also be used on stovetop for candy and other cooking.

As far as the PHD. That comes up on the ordering page. You enter the number and hit update total. Then put in the cc number.

Yes, you leave it in the meat and it sticks to your fridge. I wonder if they'll come out with a wireless one. That way you stick the probe in and can have the rest with you to keep an eye on it.Kelly~Thanks for the Outlet info. No, I was looking for a place to put the past host discount and thought it was be an option right away not after selecting items. I did find it and placed the order.

Ok can someone help me on finding the outlet, i always have trouble locating it. TIA

MissChef said:
It's being offered to consultants for $20! I think I might buy a new one! I was sad when it was discontinued!

CAn you tell me how I can get it for $20? Do I type in my consultant ID instead of past host number or something?
Thanks!

you order it through Consultant's Corner.

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Does anyone know why it was d/c'd? I had a similar one from another company and loved it, but multiple house moves left the display cracked. I would be tempted to get a new one but again wouldn't want to if there is going to be a new one in the fall.

Related to Is the Digital Thermometer on Outlet Worth the Purchase for $23.50?

What is a digital thermometer on outlet?

A digital thermometer on outlet is a kitchen tool that is designed to measure the internal temperature of food accurately. It is an electronic device that can be plugged into an outlet and has a probe that can be inserted into the food to take the temperature reading.

How does a digital thermometer on outlet work?

The digital thermometer on outlet works by using a temperature probe that is inserted into the food. The probe is connected to a display unit that shows the temperature reading. The probe measures the temperature and sends the information to the display unit, which then displays the reading.

Is a digital thermometer on outlet accurate?

Yes, a digital thermometer on outlet is highly accurate. The probe is designed to provide precise temperature readings, making it a reliable tool for cooking and baking. However, it is essential to calibrate the thermometer regularly to ensure its accuracy.

How do I use a digital thermometer on outlet?

To use a digital thermometer on outlet, first, insert the probe into the food you want to measure the temperature of. Then, plug the thermometer into an outlet and wait for the display unit to show the temperature reading. Make sure to clean the probe before and after each use and refer to the user manual for specific instructions.

Can a digital thermometer on outlet be used for all types of food?

Yes, a digital thermometer on outlet can be used for all types of food, including meat, poultry, fish, and baked goods. It is an essential tool for cooking and baking as it helps ensure food is cooked to the proper temperature, preventing food-borne illnesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • MissChef