• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Use for Digital Thermometer...

In summary, the digital thermometer can accurately measure the internal temperature of meat while cooking by inserting the probe into the thickest part. It can also be used for liquids by inserting the probe into the liquid without touching the bottom of the pot. It has different temperature settings for different types of meat and is water-resistant, but not waterproof. It can be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap, but should not be submerged in water or put in the dishwasher.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
It's summer here... it's hot and humid... the building I work in is an old main street building where the whole upper floor is open with stuff scattered through out it. We have one air conditioning unit in the furthest corner from us (had another in an even further corner but it broke last summer :grumpy:). My coworker and I were joking about how hot it was up here today (she's pregnant and miserable!). So I grabbed my digital thermometer out of my car. The tempurature on my desk is 81 degrees! That's not including the humidity!! Have I said before that I HATE my day time job?!!

I guess I'm going to have to start bringing a fan in to keep me cool during the day! I can't believe how hot it is up here! Thank goodness for the air conditioning unit in the corner, otherwise we'd be roasting up here! I just hope that it can keep up with the heat. Summer days like this make me grateful for the comfort of my air conditioned home at night!

I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to work in such a hot and humid environment. It's definitely not ideal, especially during the summer months. Have you tried talking to your boss about getting another air conditioning unit or finding a way to improve the ventilation in your workplace? It's important to have a comfortable working environment for both your physical and mental well-being. In the meantime, stay hydrated and try to take breaks in a cooler area if possible. Hang in there! Summer will be over soon.

1. How do I use the digital thermometer for cooking meat?

The digital thermometer can be used to accurately measure the internal temperature of meat while it is cooking. Simply insert the probe into the thickest part of the meat, avoiding any bones or fat. Wait a few seconds for the temperature to stabilize and then read the temperature on the display.

2. Can the digital thermometer be used for liquids?

Yes, the digital thermometer can also be used for liquids such as soups, sauces, and jams. Just make sure to insert the probe into the liquid and not touch the bottom of the pot to get an accurate reading.

3. Does the digital thermometer have different temperature settings?

Yes, the digital thermometer has different temperature settings for different types of meat, such as beef, poultry, and pork. It also has a customizable temperature setting for your desired level of doneness.

4. Is the digital thermometer waterproof?

No, the digital thermometer is not waterproof and should not be submerged in water. However, it is water-resistant, so it can withstand some splashes and spills during cooking.

5. How do I clean the digital thermometer?

The digital thermometer should be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it. Do not immerse the thermometer in water or put it in the dishwasher.

Back