• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Digital Thermometer Worth the Hype?

In summary, the digital thermometer is a versatile and useful tool, especially for cooking meat. It beeps when the optimal temperature is reached and can also be used as a timer. It was discontinued last year, but is still available through the outlet for a discounted price of $20. It is also available for purchase through individual consultants. The commission for outlet purchases is the same as regular purchases and can count towards sales goals. The thermometer is only available in Fahrenheit measurements, which may not be useful for those in Canada. One person is willing to sell their thermometer to someone in Canada.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I've heard of this and all we have in Canada is a regular thermometer (in a red sleeve), not digital. Is it really that awesome? If it IS, is it in your US catelog or just on your outlet? I'd LOVE to get my hands on one if it's as cool as I've heard.

The digital thermometer was discontinued in the fall last year!!:( :mad: :confused: Anyway IT IS awesome! I can't bake a turkey without it, or a roast or anything like that! It takes all the hard work out of it. You just leave the darn thing in the oven until the timer goes off, and poof your dinner is ready! I also love it cause it doubles a timer, so it is a very versatile tool! If I were you I'd go to the outlet on our website and get it for 20! What a steal!!! Considering they sold for 39.00! :)

We get them as samples for $20, but she would have to buy it off someone's site I think, and then it is $23.50 plus shipping. I agree that it is totally worth it because you can "set it and forget it" (sorry I couldn't help it, LOL) and it will beep when the optimal temp is reached as opposed to checking and rechecking the probe one with the red cover.

I would be completely incapable of making my Thanksgiving turkey without the digital thermometer.
As a matter of fact - I should probably buy one off the outlet as a backup. How do I buy somethin goff the outlet at the cheapest price? Do I go thru CC or just go to my own outlet?

Unfortunately, because Jodi is in Canada, she can't order it off a US consultant's site.Jodi- let me know if you want one. They're farenheit only, so that may not be as useful to you. I've got a friend with a cottage in Kingston (on Lake Erie, near Point Pelee) and she can pop it into the mail for you (cheaper to do that than to mail it international).

dannyzmom said:
I would be completely incapable of making my Thanksgiving turkey without the digital thermometer.
As a matter of fact - I should probably buy one off the outlet as a backup. How do I buy somethin goff the outlet at the cheapest price? Do I go thru CC or just go to my own outlet?
You would go through your own outlet and log in as yourself or CC as a sample - either way you order it the cost is the same. Our price is 15% less than the customer price and the commission we get at the outlet is 15% so it's all the same price essentially. Of course if it's a customer purchasing it also counts toward our sales for the month, TPC, etc.

BethCooks4U said:
You would go through your own outlet and log in as yourself or CC as a sample - either way you order it the cost is the same. Our price is 15% less than the customer price and the commission we get at the outlet is 15% so it's all the same price essentially. Of course if it's a customer purchasing it also counts toward our sales for the month, TPC, etc.

didn't realize we only get 15% commission off outlet purchases - I thought we got regular commission?

dannyzmom said:
didn't realize we only get 15% commission off outlet purchases - I thought we got regular commission?

OK - I just checked an old commission statement where I had a customer make a big outlet purchase...my commission statement shows my regular commission for the outlet purchase. So...if I have my mom buy me the thermometer, using her PHD, then I get my regular commission on it (and Mom pays for it <grin>)

Hmmm... I THOUGHT they said it was just 15%! Good to know I was wrong in my favor - lol.

Done - just got one :)

I have one if you'd like to buy it...
kcjodih said:
I've heard of this and all we have in Canada is a regular thermometer (in a red sleeve), not digital. Is it really that awesome? If it IS, is it in your US catelog or just on your outlet? I'd LOVE to get my hands on one if it's as cool as I've heard.

HOwever I used to live much closer to you in OH, now I'm on the border of TX/Mexico. I have never used it but most likely thru out the box :(

I live 78552.

Please let me know if you're interested or not?

thanks;

liz

Related to Is a Digital Thermometer Worth the Hype?

1. What is a digital thermometer and how does it work?

A digital thermometer is a kitchen tool used to measure the internal temperature of food. It works by inserting a metal probe into the food, which then displays the temperature on a digital screen.

2. Can a digital thermometer be used for both meat and baked goods?

Yes, a digital thermometer can be used for a variety of foods including meat, poultry, fish, and baked goods. It is a versatile tool that can be used for both hot and cold temperatures.

3. How accurate is a digital thermometer?

Digital thermometers are known for their accuracy and can typically provide readings within a degree or two of the actual temperature. It is important to regularly calibrate your thermometer to ensure continued accuracy.

4. Is a digital thermometer safe to use in the oven?

Yes, most digital thermometers are designed to withstand high temperatures and can safely be used in the oven. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific temperature limitations.

5. How do I clean and maintain my digital thermometer?

To clean a digital thermometer, simply wipe the probe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Do not submerge the thermometer in water. It is also important to regularly calibrate and replace the batteries as needed to maintain accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
saliahkako
  • MissChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • skaugchef