• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Park N Ride the Answer to Chicago's Traffic Woes?

In summary, the bus tour may be an option if you don't need to stay in Chicago. You can park and take the bus into McCormick Place or the Hyatt Regency. The first time I went to a conference, we parked our car at the hotel and it was crazy expensive.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
A bus tour of Chicago? Have they had this before?

I think if you drive in you might be able to park somewhere and get a bus into McCormick or the hotel.

cmdtrgd said:
I think if you drive in you might be able to park somewhere and get a bus into McCormick or the hotel.

I believe that if you live nearby where you wouldn't need to get a hotel, you can park at HO & they will shuttle you to the conference center & probably for the banquets.

A Park and Ride is a gigantic parking lot where you leave your car for the day, and busses pick you up there and take you where you need to go. We have a lot of them in this area of the country. Tons of them in Wisconsin. Sometimes it's just easier to take the bus to where you're going...and the park & ride lots are free. (Hint...parking in the "Big city" is not cheap!!) I don't know if you'll have to pay to take the bus, or if PC is footing the bill.

According to my director, with the Park & Ride...you drive to HO parking and park your car. They shuttle you to the Conference Center, then on your return day, they shuttle you back to your car. MUCH CHEAPER if you are planning on driving. The first time I went to conference, we parked our car at the hotel and it was crazy expensive.

This year we are taking the MegaBus from Indy to Chicago, which is really nice since we only live an hour south of Indy. My director's daughter will probably drop us all off at the Bus Stop. I'm excited!! :D

If you are in the Midwest, it may be worth a look. They have stops in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The website is www.megabus.com. If you book far enough in advance, it's possible to get tickets as low as $1.00 each way! The stops are in major Metropolitan areas basically in the Midwest.

Do you think that pretty soon buses and trains will take over as gas prices continue to rise??

Last edited:
Tammi - thanks for clarifying the HO park n ride! I was talking about Park&rides in general...didn't know about the HO Park n Ride!!

Maybe if more people took the train and bus, gas prices would come down!
I can't say anything, as I am guilty of driving myself everywhere!!! Even drive myself crazy sometimes!!! LOL!!!

Related to Is Park N Ride the Answer to Chicago's Traffic Woes?

1. What exactly is "Park N Ride"?

"Park N Ride" refers to a system in which individuals park their personal vehicles at designated lots or stations and then use public transportation to continue their journey. It allows individuals to avoid the hassle and expense of driving in crowded areas.

2. How does "Park N Ride" work?

The process of "Park N Ride" varies depending on the location, but generally, you will park your vehicle at a designated lot or station and then purchase a ticket or pass for the public transportation system. You can then use the public transportation to reach your destination, and upon return, you can retrieve your vehicle from the designated lot.

3. Is "Park N Ride" available in all areas?

While "Park N Ride" is becoming more popular, it may not be available in all areas. It is more common in larger cities and areas with heavy traffic. We recommend researching the availability of "Park N Ride" in your desired location before planning to use it.

4. What are the benefits of using "Park N Ride"?

There are several benefits to using "Park N Ride" such as saving money on gas and parking fees, reducing stress from driving in congested areas, and being more environmentally friendly by reducing carbon emissions. It also allows you to relax or be productive during your commute without having to focus on driving.

5. Do I need to plan ahead to use "Park N Ride"?

Yes, it is recommended to plan ahead when using "Park N Ride". This includes researching the availability and location of designated lots or stations, purchasing necessary tickets or passes, and allowing enough time for your commute using public transportation. It is also important to consider any possible delays or changes in public transportation schedules.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lt1jane