• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Mailing One Pampered Chef Catalog a Joke?

In summary, the post office charged $1.48 to mail 1 catalog with 3 sheets of paper, an invite to a fall fling, and 2 recipe cards.
heat123
Silver Member
:eek: I just mailed off 1 catalog with 1 mini catty ummm can you say rip! $3.05 to mail 1 what a joke! Granted it was a post annex type place and it's conveniently close to the home but come on!

So glad they have the $4.60 flat rate envelopes for host packets when having to send 4+ cattys at one time, otherwise it'd cost me a fortune! I'd go broke! :grumpy:

YIKES! On top of the fact that they cost us more to purchase in the first place. Hopefully we'll see increased sales because of the good stuff they're packed with!

Sounds like they ripped you off.Based on the USPS site, it would be 1.65.

I wonder what the post office charges for mailing 1?

Heather - see post #3.That's based on a 3.9 ounce catalog plus a .8 ounce (ish) mini catalog, in an envelope. I used a weight of 5.5 ounces on the post office website.

dang, they are ripping me off! I punched it in at the usps site for 4.7 oz and it was $1.84! That's a huge service charge by postal annex =almost 1/2! I wish there were a closer post office near the house!

Yep, those retail shipping places rip you off BIG TIME!

You might want to look into the sites where you can purchase and print your postage from home, then just put it out with out going mail.

You might also check to see if your local "superstore" has postal abilities at their service desk... the Meijer stores here in the upper midwest can do some things. I don't know if a Super Walmart or Super Target can, but something like that might be worth a shot if it's closer than the post office, too.

I just mailed 100 catalogs with 3 sheets of paper (2 had monthly specials F & B and 1 that I type my address and return) on plus 2 recipe cards and an invite to my fall fling!
I sealed them in a clear envelope and it cost $1.48

Teresa Lynn said:
I just mailed 100 catalogs with 3 sheets of paper (2 had monthly specials F & B and 1 that I type my address and return) on plus 2 recipe cards and an invite to my fall fling!
I sealed them in a clear envelope and it cost $1.48
100 catalogs?

Our regular Safeway and Albertsons will do it here in Northern California.

Teresa Lynn said:
Yep!! 100
and it was $1.48 for 100? or was that each? sorry, I'm a little confused here.

I make all my copies and seal one and take it to be weighed. then I purchase the postage for the remaining ones so I mail them from home as I finish them.

Postage for a regular catalog plus everything I enclosed cost me $1.48 each so if you are mailing from home it will be around $1.50

I have a postal scale and can weigh my stuff, then calculate the postage online. I have different denominations of stamps so then I can stamp everything accordingly. Saves me lots of time.

I also keep lots of stamps of different denominations & use my postage scale but for these mailings I purchase the $1 stamps & enough postage to get them out the door & not deplete my stamp supply!!

Those of you who stamp your own items when mailing out of your house....after 9/11, if you mailed something +1pound you had to drop it off IN PERSON. (My mail carrier would take it for me and stamp it, since she knows me) Now, they have changed things again. If it is more than 13 oz., you MUST TAKE IT IN. She can't even "verify" for me and take it anymore. I HAVE to take it in.

Just letting you know, so you don't have something returned to you...check with your carrier!

I actually got a call from a postal depot in our local drug store about not being able to take my Host packet and that I would have to pick it up and take it to the post office myself! What a pain! So I dropped it at my local postal annex and they took it- weird!

Mailing is just a pain if you can't drop it in your own mailbox to be delievered!

I mail my host packets via Priority Mail all the time. Sometimes they have 10 catalogs in there. I stick it in my mailbox and it is picked up. I guess it truly depends on where you are. That said, using the USPS is always going to be cheaper than going to one of those other places. You can pay for and print postage directly on the USPS website. Makes life really easy!

I signed up with stamps.com and they give you a free digital scale if you stay with them after the trial period ($15.99 a month after trial). For me it is worth it because even if I just shove it in the postal person's face it is still faster than waiting in line for postage, especially when you have 3 kiddos waiting in the car!!

ljeffries said:
I mail my host packets via Priority Mail all the time. Sometimes they have 10 catalogs in there. I stick it in my mailbox and it is picked up. I guess it truly depends on where you are. That said, using the USPS is always going to be cheaper than going to one of those other places. You can pay for and print postage directly on the USPS website. Makes life really easy!
That's cool but I need to invest in a scale first then be able to print the stamps!

heat123 said:
That's cool but I need to invest in a scale first then be able to print the stamps!

A number of the companies that do printing stamps from home give you a scale. :) I don't do enough mailing a month to justify the monthly expense so I have not done this. I use a kitchen scale & overestimate the weight.

Yikes! That is pretty steep!

I got an email from a director friend who said to send things "bounded print material" -- it is significantly cheaper!

Mandy,
it can also be incredibly slower AND it can't have anything handwritten in it.

Bound printed matter is "space available" mail, which means it can take as long as a month to be delivered. It also is supposed to be one large bound item - so you'd have to heavy-duty staple everything together into 1 piece. One category of mail (I don't remember if it's bound printed matter or media mail) CANNOT include advertisements or sales materials, so catalogs are not allowed.

Just to let everyone know I just googled this and found out that Media Mail can not include any advertisements.

Thanks for the 411 -- I'll have to let that director know she needs to resend that email to her downline with this info!

just don't mention you heard the scoop from CS HA!!
You know some directors frown on us!

Yeah- 'cuz we're so evil, training their teams for them and all. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0007.gif

:D

Evil? I guess that's why I like it here so much :)

1. What is the purpose of mailing one Pampered Chef catalog?

The purpose of mailing one Pampered Chef catalog is typically for potential customers to view and order products from the catalog.

2. Is mailing one Pampered Chef catalog a joke?

No, it is not a joke. Mailing one catalog can be a convenient way for customers to view and purchase products from Pampered Chef.

3. How much does it cost to mail one Pampered Chef catalog?

The cost to mail one Pampered Chef catalog will vary depending on the location and shipping method. In this case, it cost $3.05 to mail one catalog through a post annex type place.

4. Are there more cost-effective ways to send Pampered Chef catalogs?

Yes, there are more cost-effective ways to send Pampered Chef catalogs. For example, the $4.60 flat rate envelopes offered by Pampered Chef can be used to send multiple catalogs at once, saving money on individual shipping costs.

5. How can I save money on shipping Pampered Chef catalogs?

To save money on shipping Pampered Chef catalogs, consider using the $4.60 flat rate envelopes provided by Pampered Chef for sending multiple catalogs at once. You can also explore alternative shipping methods, such as using a different post office or shipping company, to find the most cost-effective option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ampirolli