• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Shop the Going Out for Business Sale?

In summary, a "Going Out for Business Sale" is a special event held by Pampered Chef when a consultant leaves the company. It offers discounted prices on products for a few weeks, with exact dates announced by the consultant and promoted by Pampered Chef. Products purchased during this sale are still covered by the company's warranty. However, not all products may be available, and all sales are final with no returns or exchanges allowed.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
At first glance, I couldn't help but read this as going out of business sale. I've read that this works as a means of advertising.

Geez, not nice scaring us like that! I thought you were hanging up your apron! :eek:

I guess that means it caught my attention then :blushing:

Our jewelry store in town did that once. They didn't highlight the "FOR" part. Rumor spread quickly in a small town that they were bankrupt, didn't have money, etc. Definitely gets your attention!!

But once you discover what it really means, you just feel deceived and don't want to go back. It can easily backfire.

vonfirmath said:
But once you discover what it really means, you just feel deceived and don't want to go back. It can easily backfire.

I agree. Some people (like me) would not want to shop there or with that person again. Sorry, I am all for new ideas, but from a customer prospective, it would not set well with me.

vonfirmath said:

That was exactly my reply to the newsletter that included this idea. They were "suggesting" it as potentially useful in our businesses and right away I thought that's just asking for trouble! People don't like to be tricked like that. I don't care if it's right there in large print, the premise is that the customer will assume it's the same as they are used to seeing, assume it's a liquidation sale and therefore spend more money, and then you blame the customer for not reading the sign more carefully and "knowing" they weren't going out of business.

Related to Is It Time to Shop the Going Out for Business Sale?

What is a "Going Out for Business Sale"?

A "Going Out for Business Sale" is a special event held by Pampered Chef when a consultant decides to leave the company. It is an opportunity for customers to purchase products at discounted prices before they are no longer available.

How long does a "Going Out for Business Sale" last?

The duration of a "Going Out for Business Sale" can vary, but it typically lasts for a few weeks. The exact dates will be announced by the consultant and promoted by Pampered Chef.

Can I still use my warranty on products purchased during a "Going Out for Business Sale"?

Yes, all products purchased during a "Going Out for Business Sale" are still covered by Pampered Chef's warranty. If you have any issues with your products, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Are all products available during a "Going Out for Business Sale"?

No, not all products may be available during a "Going Out for Business Sale". The consultant may have already sold out of certain items or may have chosen not to include them in the sale.

Can I return or exchange products purchased during a "Going Out for Business Sale"?

All sales during a "Going Out for Business Sale" are final and products cannot be returned or exchanged. Please make sure to carefully consider your purchases before completing your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates