• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Tacky to Use a Company Christmas Party for Self-Promotion?

In summary, Margie thinks it's okay to give a gift of a Pampered Chef item to an unsuspecting person at a company Christmas party, as long as it is not tacky. She recommends either giving a gift certificate or a funny gift. Debbie thinks it's a blast to play white elephant gift exchange, and recommends collecting funny things from friends or family.
SillyChef
My husbands Company Christmas party is on Friday. We were asked to bring two gifts that were between $10 and $20.00. Well, considering that I am a new consultant in my first Super starter month, I want to get my name out there as a Pampered Chef Consultant. So I thought maybe I could give one of the gifts as a Pampered Chef item with a business card or something. BUT I don't want to be tacky. Is it? What do you all think?

-Margie

Not tacky at all..
SillyChef said:
My husbands Company Christmas party is on Friday. We were asked to bring two gifts that were between $10 and $20.00. Well, considering that I am a new consultant in my first Super starter month, I want to get my name out there as a Pampered Chef Consultant. So I thought maybe I could give one of the gifts as a Pampered Chef item with a business card or something. BUT I don't want to be tacky. Is it? What do you all think?

-Margie

I think it's GREAT, I usually try and keep a $ 20.00 gift certifate on hand for things like this. Often times for the name I put: Winner of PC GC or winner of:

or Happy Holidays.

Good Luck!!!

Liz

I don't think it is tacky at all unless it is a "Secret Santa" type of exchange. The name of the game is exposure and that's exactly how to get it done. BTW, I am originally from Porterville (worked in Tulare and Visalia)...your neck of the woods.

Awesome!Well that is a breath of relief. I didn't want to be like rude or anything. It is like a White Elephant type where you get to pass the gift and stuff.

That is really awesome that you are from around here. Kinda makes me feel a little better knowing someone out there knows where I am talking about. ;) My husband works for a company contracted through Tulare County. :) Though I am originally from Caruthers we had to mover closer due to fog. Ugh.

Thanks for the help!

Not tacky at all!

Last year did the small batter bowl brownie mix for a gift exchange, and it was a HIT!!!!!!

I couldn't think of a better gift!

White elephant giftsI love playing this. We had such a blast one year at a church friend's home. The families brought things like a used bowling ball, shower curtains, a bright orange handbag and costume jewelry. Usually with a white elephant gift exchange the idea is to bring something that you have at home that you no longer want, need or couldn't stand as a gift from someone else.
For my homeschool teacher party this year there was a collection of funny things we all passed around. They know I am always going to bring PC items and maybe a yummy box of candies or one year I brought PC items and a GC to starbucks for $5.
You should have seen how they fought for that box!! It makes the game fun and who would want to fight for a shower curtain or an old hand held vacuum cleaner??? :p
If you brought a really nice gift they would fight over it for sure. It's fun to watch!!!

Debbie :D :D :D

lol Yeah I will take my camera. Beer/Drunken co-workers + PC = TONS OF FUN!

I have a gift exchange with my networking group and I am bringing a round up from the heart trivet wrapped in a microfiber towel. Trivet's pretty and the towel is practical.

Though I am originally from Caruthers we had to mover closer due to fog. Ugh.
That fog is killer in the valley. That is the #1 thing that I SO do not miss. Fog is very rare here. I had to drive in it for 7 yrs when I commuted to Visalia. Talk about white knuckles!

I always loved the Caruthers Fair :)
Valky

1. Would it be tacky to use plastic plates at a Pampered Chef party?

No, it is not tacky to use plastic plates at a Pampered Chef party. Our products are designed to be used in everyday life and can withstand multiple uses, including being washed in the dishwasher. Using plastic plates can also make for easier cleanup after the party.

2. Would it be tacky to gift Pampered Chef products as a wedding present?

No, it is not tacky to gift Pampered Chef products as a wedding present. Our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware make for practical and thoughtful gifts that the newlyweds will appreciate and use for years to come.

3. Would it be tacky to host a Pampered Chef party for myself?

No, it is not tacky to host a Pampered Chef party for yourself. Our parties are a fun and convenient way to learn about and purchase our products, and many of our hosts choose to have a party for themselves to earn free and discounted products.

4. Would it be tacky to use Pampered Chef products at a potluck or dinner party?

No, it is not tacky to use Pampered Chef products at a potluck or dinner party. Our products are perfect for entertaining and can help make your gathering even more special. Plus, they are designed to be shared and used with others.

5. Would it be tacky to re-gift a Pampered Chef item?

No, it is not tacky to re-gift a Pampered Chef item. Our products make for great gifts, and if you receive an item that you already have or won't use, it is perfectly acceptable to pass it along to someone else who will appreciate it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views