• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Door Hangers Considered Soliciting?

In summary, Heather is new to her area and has NO bookings on her calendar. She was just at her cluster meeting today and her hosp. director suggested that since she lives in a new subdivision that has a NO SOLICITATION sign at the entrance, that she instead hang information on their doors. But, after Googling solicitation, some areas of the country and some HOA's consider that as solicitation. Heather just arrived home all geared up to make door hangers, but now she's a little hesitant. She doesn't want to break any rules, and since she rents the house she's in, she's not technically involved with the HOA here. What is
hmolah
I'm new to my area and have NO bookings on my calendar. I was just at my cluster meeting today and my hosp. director suggested that since I live in a new subdivision that has a NO SOLICITATION sign at the entrance, that I instead hang information on their doors.

But, after Googling solicitation, some areas of the country and some HOA's consider that as solicitation. However, she told me that solicitation is the act of knocking on someone's door and trying to sell something.

I just arrived home all geared up to make door hangers, but now I'm a little hesitant. I don't want to break any rules, and since I rent the house I'm in, I'm not technically involved with the HOA here. What is the right thing to do? I know that many in the past have left information only for it to be thrown away and no leads. However, I did this in Ohio where I just moved from and on my street alone of 14 houses, I received 3 leads and 2 bookings.

Or the other option is to consider getting all of the addresses and mailing something too...

Any information on this would be helpful! Thanks!

hmolah said:
I'm new to my area and have NO bookings on my calendar. I was just at my cluster meeting today and my hosp. director suggested that since I live in a new subdivision that has a NO SOLICITATION sign at the entrance, that I instead hang information on their doors.

But, after Googling solicitation, some areas of the country and some HOA's consider that as solicitation. However, she told me that solicitation is the act of knocking on someone's door and trying to sell something.

I just arrived home all geared up to make door hangers, but now I'm a little hesitant. I don't want to break any rules, and since I rent the house I'm in, I'm not technically involved with the HOA here. What is the right thing to do? I know that many in the past have left information only for it to be thrown away and no leads. However, I did this in Ohio where I just moved from and on my street alone of 14 houses, I received 3 leads and 2 bookings.

Or the other option is to consider getting all of the addresses and mailing something too...

Any information on this would be helpful! Thanks!

You might want to check with your specific HOA.

Why don't you host an open house--go knock on doors and invite everyone to come. Get to know your neighbors. I once put info on everyone's door in my neighborhood of 300+ homes and got ONE order. YMMV.

What is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary.

Ahhh..gotcha. :) Well, like I mentioned above, on my street in Ohio it worked well, but then again not everywhere is the same. I'm not sure whether to take the risk or not, but we are in an area that has very few consultants, so who knows!

Heather - take the risk - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!

I once had a boss who taught me that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.....give it a try, you never know. Good luck!

pamperedlinda said:
I once had a boss who taught me that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.....give it a try, you never know. Good luck!

This is true! I might try some subdivisions just outside of mine. We're in a very popular up and coming area that is vastly growing (at least this is what everyone tells us), and seeing that everything is new (all homes, shops, etc) I'd say I have a lot of potential!

DebbieJ said:
Why don't you host an open house--go knock on doors and invite everyone to come. Get to know your neighbors.

QUOTE]

I agree (actually was going to suggest something similar), but be sure to have door hangers for those who aren't home when you knock. You'll want to have a flyer or something, anyway, to leave with the person who does answer the door, so they'll remember to mark their calendars.

Sarah

1. Is door hangers considered soliciting?

Yes, door hangers are considered a type of solicitation because they involve leaving marketing materials at someone's home without their prior consent.

2. Can I distribute door hangers in a neighborhood without permission?

No, it is not recommended to distribute door hangers without permission from the neighborhood or homeowner's association. This can be seen as intrusive and may result in complaints or legal issues.

3. Are there any regulations or restrictions on distributing door hangers?

Yes, there may be local or state regulations on solicitation and distribution of materials. It is important to research and comply with these regulations before distributing door hangers.

4. Can I use door hangers to promote my business?

Yes, door hangers can be an effective marketing tool for businesses. However, it is important to obtain permission from the neighborhood or homeowner's association before distributing them.

5. Are there any alternative methods to door hangers for promoting my business?

Yes, there are many alternative methods for promoting your business such as social media, email marketing, and traditional advertising. It is important to consider the best approach for your target audience and comply with any regulations in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lara blake
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cheftonia
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies