• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a $60 Booth Worth It for this Multiple Vendors Event?

In summary, the price for the booth depends on the location and start from $35 up to $110. The one I am doing is $60 plus a $15 gift donation. They provide a table and postcards/flyers to hand out if needed.
ilovpc
Gold Member
I just signed up for a booth in my area. It's going to be a multiple vendors event at a local hotel. The organizers advertise the event on newspapers, flyers, craiglist and any other web sites they can. They have events every two weeks in different areas across the valley.

The price for the booth depends on the location and start from $35 up to $110. The one I am doing is $60 plus a $15 gift donation. They provide a table and postcards/flyers to hand out if needed. Oh! The other thing I have to do (per contract) is that I have to invite my entire contact list. And whoever invites the most and gets there name on the list, will be rewarded with a free booth in a future event.

I have never done a booth by myself, I've always share one both with other fellow consultant and only for 1 or 2 hrs. and I've paid up to $35 for 2 hrs. Thus, I thought this will be a good one to take. The event will last 5 hours and they don't allow 2 reps for the same company.

So...what do you think? Is this a good deal? :chef:

You have to invite your entire contact list? How do they follow up on this? Are they asking you to give them the contact list? Are they paying for postage? It sounds a little skeptical to me. Is there any incentive to get people there, or is it just a bunch of DS people?
I would say it is totally up to you, but it sounds a little high. I might just go as a customer to check it out, of course, wearing a logo shirt and wearing your sling or catty tote. Feel it out.
IDK though, it depends on how desperate you are for contacts? It only takes one good show to get your business going.

Hey $60 may sound like alot but in terms of booths its not. How many booths are going to be there? I just started in december and I have started to do a booth every weekend and found its great way to boost your buisness. But I only pay $46 for a weekend. But this is in a flea market. There are booths that I would fork out up to $300 for depending on the kind. Like a Bridal show I would pay this much for as there are 1000s of people attending. If you do decided to do it be very active and in front of your table. Asking guest as they walk by if they have heard of pampered chef. This will stop people to look at your booth. Always bring another person with you to the booth. There are many times you will have more than one person looking at your booth and you can not talk to them all at the same time. Bring your old fall/winter cats to give out. or minis are great too. I have great succes in doing booths you just have to set a goal for how many contacts you want to get and go get them.

ilovpc said:
So...what do you think? Is this a good deal? :chef:

I think it depends on the demographics of the folks expected to attend, whether it will be worth it or not. Women with school age kids buy the most PC.

Our cluster is paying $750 for a booth at a Home and Garden show.

I think it's a good price as long as you'll get a good crowd. I'd be a bit iffy on sending your entire contact list, however. One thing I tell my customers is that when they give me their information, it will not be shared and they will not get spam. It's pretty likely they'll end up getting junk and as a customer it could tick me off.

I did one booth last summer and all of the contacts I got from it were flops. The 2 shows that did hold, didn't even make $150. The stipulations sound a little shady to me. I did do a holiday shopping thing (just a small thing at another DS lady's house) and that did really well for me, but it was completely free!!!!

If you get one booking, you paid for the booth. If you get more, then you made a profit. It would help expand your circle. I would not give over my ctc list info to them, but would simply send them an email informing them the event is taking place and that you'd love to see them.

Make sure you go prepared and ready to increase your contacts. Get their ctc info and then follow up.

Good luck!

I have to agree with Jolie. My experience with any event that has asked for my entire contact list (which I did not share) is that these contacts are now everyone else's contacts to include the organizers of this event. Personally, I wouldn't disclose my contacts information to anyone but invite them personally. My guess is, they will have everyone sign in and get everyone's contact information that way.
On the price, I personally have paid higher so I do not feel like it is too high. I take each event on it's own merit and weigh exposure, the positives of it.
Have a wonderful time, and I hope it's extremely rewarding for you!

Have you asked the organizers how many people typically attend one of these events? If it's only 100 people, then it's too much money. The stipulation about inviting your contact list makes me think of quarter auctions where the consultants have to have at least 10 or 20 of their own guests attend in order to be asked back. It makes it sound like the organizer doesn't have enough people coming based on the advertising they say they do.

I will echo the need to be in front of the table, make contact with everyone esp. the other vendors, get their contact info before giving out any materials. Even offer a drawing. Check out the other booth threads for ideas. Most important - follow up.

No, I don't need to send my contacts to the organizer. What I need to do is just spread the word with all my customers about this event and I really think this is a good idea because if all the other vendors are doing the same thing that is one way to have people come to this type of events.

This will be my firts time doing this with this particular organizer. I did not asked her about the # of people that typically attend these events, but it must be worth it as she told me that she made a contract with the hotel to have this event every other month. She also have events in other locations and there's one every two weeks.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a great opportunity for me to get new contacts. I'll love to get some people interested in the business. I'll defenitely do a drawing and I am already looking at other posts for booth ideas.

Thank you all!

It's an investment and not a huge monetary one, so I think it's a good idea. Have you been able to confirm the other vendors that will be there? I hope it's a big success!

minirottie said:
It's an investment and not a huge monetary one, so I think it's a good idea. Have you been able to confirm the other vendors that will be there?

I hope it's a big success!

Thank you Kristen!

Some of the other vendors that will be there are Avon, Scentsy, Mary Kay, Cookie Lee and also homemade crafters and small businessed. They usually have between 40 and 60 different vendors.

ilovpc said:
Thank you Kristen!

Some of the other vendors that will be there are Avon, Scentsy, Mary Kay, Cookie Lee and also homemade crafters and small businessed. They usually have between 40 and 60 different vendors.

40-60 vendors would certainly inspire me...if everyone got 10 people to come that's a great turnout!

1. Is $60 the standard price for a booth at Pampered Chef events?

No, the price for a booth at Pampered Chef events may vary depending on the location and type of event. The $60 fee is typically for smaller local events, while larger events may have higher fees.

2. What does the $60 booth fee cover?

The $60 booth fee covers the cost of reserving a space for your booth at the event. It also includes the use of a table and chairs, as well as marketing materials and other event amenities.

3. Can I negotiate the booth fee?

Unfortunately, we are not able to negotiate the booth fee as it is set by the event organizers. However, we do offer discounts for multiple events and for our top-performing consultants.

4. Are there any other fees associated with having a booth at a Pampered Chef event?

In addition to the booth fee, there may be other fees such as a commission fee on sales or a fee for electricity if needed. These fees will be outlined in the event contract and will vary depending on the event.

5. Is it worth it to pay $60 for a booth at a Pampered Chef event?

Ultimately, the success of your booth at an event will depend on your own efforts and the attendance and demographics of the event. However, Pampered Chef events can be a great opportunity to showcase and sell your products, connect with potential customers, and network with other consultants. The $60 booth fee is a small investment in comparison to the potential benefits and sales you may generate from the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• zmkelly1
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
zmkelly1
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily