• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Irish Soda Bread Recipe with Round Covered Baker | Try It Now!

Soda Bread Recipe:3 cups flour1/2 cup sugar1 tablespoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon baking soda3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature1 egg1/2 cup sour cream1/2 cup raisins1/4 cup currantsPreheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together. Add the butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and sour cream and mix well. Add the raisins and currants and mix
MarciMac
While the recipe is a family secret, I would like to share the pic of the soda bread I just made with the Round Covered Baker. I have to say, I've been doing this for years and this is by far the best looking one I've ever made.

Attachments

• bread.jpg
    bread.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 623
that looks yummy!

Couldn't you please share the recipe, I would love to make it? If you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks, so much.

that looks fantastic! so yummy. If you are sworn to secrecy on the recipe, I understand. Maybe there is a comparable recipe floating in cyber-space!

I'll share my recipe. I have one for Soda Bread that my Dad made when I was growing up (he would be 95) and he got it from his Mom who was from Ireland, so it's been around a while in our family! I hope I've attached the picture correctly; one was made in the stone ware loaf pan and the small ones made in the new Brownie Pan -so cute to give to individuals! This recipe will make one Brownie Pan of Soda Breads using the large stainless scoop - I baked them anywhere from 18-24 min. Don't over bake as it will be dry; when the top is light brown, it should be done.Irish Soda Bread preheat oven to 350 (325 for Brownie Pan)Sift:
2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 C sugarCut in:
3/4 stick of marg or 1/3 C shorteningAdd:
1/2 C raisins
1 tsp Caraway seeds
3/4 C buttermilk (or 1C milk & 1 T white vinegar)
1 eggMix well (I just stir by hand); makes a sticky dough. Bake in loaf or round pan @ 350 for 40-45 min.When I used the Brownie Pan, I pushed the dough down so it filled in the square; I used either damp fingers or the floured back of a spoon (if I could have found my Mini Tart Shaper, I would have used that with flour!).This could be made for a show if you sift the ingredients before hand and finish it at the host's houseHappy St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy!Lynda 3/16/12

Attachments

• Irish Soda Bread 2012.jpg
    Irish Soda Bread 2012.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 486
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I love the pics of the bread!

I've got to make this! It looks so good! I love any and all bread!! Thank you!

I just took my bread out of the oven looks great .

So sorry that I didn't come back to post the recipe. Sure, I can share it! I hope you enjoy it!
Soda Bread recipe:
3c. flour
1/2c sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda. Mix all those together. Add:
1c. raisins
1 1/2c buttermilk (slowly add)
4tbsp melted butter
Place dough in greased round baking dish
Make an X across it
Bake @ 350 for 50m - 1hr.
Remove & cool.

can it be done without raisins or does or does that compromise the integrity of the bread?

I don't know if it would compromise it, but if it helps, I actually use golden raisins in mine.

With my recipe, I always have to make one with raisins and one without raisins. I add 1 cup of buttermilk if I don't use raisins; the raisins do seem to give it moisture, so I just adjust the liquid for the one without them.

What is Irish Soda Bread (Rcb)?

Irish Soda Bread is a traditional Irish bread made with flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. It is often served as a side dish with meals or as a snack with butter and jam.

What are the key ingredients in Irish Soda Bread?

The key ingredients in Irish Soda Bread are flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. Some recipes may also include sugar, butter, and raisins.

Can I substitute the buttermilk in Irish Soda Bread with regular milk?

Yes, you can substitute buttermilk with regular milk in Irish Soda Bread. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

Do I need to knead the dough for Irish Soda Bread?

No, Irish Soda Bread does not require kneading. The dough should be gently mixed until it comes together and then shaped into a round loaf.

Can I add other ingredients to Irish Soda Bread?

Yes, you can add other ingredients like dried fruit, nuts, or herbs to Irish Soda Bread for added flavor. However, be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly and avoid overmixing the dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • Jennie4PC