• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Networking Group Invitation Just a Mary Kay Sales Pitch?

In summary, participants in this conversation discuss the idea of attending a networking group recommended by a Mary Kay representative. They share their own experiences and offer advice on how to approach the group and what questions to ask before joining. It is emphasized that every networking group is different and it is important to gather information and attend a few meetings before committing to join. Suggestions for finding other networking groups are also provided.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I know that there was a thread somewhere on CS on this topic, but I've searched extensively and can't find it. Forgive me for repeating this question.

I got a phone call from a Mary Kay rep the other day (referred by one of my customers), inviting me to attend a networking group that meets once a month. She said that I should bring a small display, and also my business information. The way she describes it is that I get to tell my story and business op, and everyone else tells theirs.

I remember reading on one of the threads that someone went to one, and it turned out to be more of a Mary Kay recruiting promotion than anything else.

Any thoughts out there? Thanks.

I remember seeing that too, but I also know some people have had good luck with groups. It just depends on what kind of group it is, and you won't know it before you check it out. If it's a legitimate group, you should be able to go as a guest/visitor before you decide to join.Rae writes about her networking group occasionally in her blog: http://mommabates.wordpress.comShe's also posted about some of her meetings in this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/take-charge-take-action-2009-2010-a-54150/

Thanks for the plug, Noora. :) It's funny because the person who first invited me to my networking group is a Mary Kay rep. I love my networking group, and it's been a boon to my business in a couple of different ways. It's really about making connections, so there isn't anything like a display. We do share, but it's mostly so other people can get a sense of what type of people they should send our way. I'd ask a few more questions. Is it really a networking group? Is there a fee to participate? Is there a limit on the number of same-type businesses that can join? Know what you're getting involved with before you start. In my networking group you are allowed to attend 2 regular meetings before you join so that you can decide if it's truly for you. Only one of any specific type of business is allowed. The group is focused and respectful of the members' time.

I totally agree with everything Rae has to say. I have been involved in NW groups for over 2 years and they are all different. Ask more q's and go for a visit.

check out meetup.com and you can find lots of groups....

etteluap70PC said:
I totally agree with everything Rae has to say.

♫♪♪ Music to my ears. ♪♪♫ :sing: :D

Thanks for your feedback. Based on everyone's advice, I asked the right questions, and I will probably go for a meeting or two. It sounds like it might be advantageous. At least my name will get out into a different group of people--that's always a plus!

What is a "Invited to Networking Group" event?

An "Invited to Networking Group" event is a gathering of individuals who are interested in expanding their professional network and connecting with like-minded individuals. It provides a platform for individuals to exchange ideas, discuss industry trends, and potentially form new business relationships.

Who can attend an "Invited to Networking Group" event?

Anyone who is looking to expand their professional network and make new connections is welcome to attend an "Invited to Networking Group" event. This can include professionals from various industries, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and job seekers.

How can I join an "Invited to Networking Group" event?

To join an "Invited to Networking Group" event, you can either receive a direct invitation from the event host or express your interest in attending to someone who is already a member of the group. You may also be able to join through an online networking platform or by contacting the event organizer.

What are the benefits of attending an "Invited to Networking Group" event?

Attending an "Invited to Networking Group" event can provide numerous benefits, including expanding your professional network, learning about industry trends and best practices, and potentially finding new business opportunities or job leads. It also allows you to meet and connect with individuals who share similar interests and goals.

Is there a dress code for "Invited to Networking Group" events?

There is typically no specific dress code for "Invited to Networking Group" events. However, it is always best to dress professionally and appropriately for the occasion. This can help you make a good first impression and show that you take the event seriously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • beepampered
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies